Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ESS VT1-535 versus ESS VT2-625 supercharger kit direct 1/4 mile comparison slips

My best of the day VS a ess 625 car

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Moved to its own thread.

Specs on how your 535 kit differs please.

Both DCT?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Was that 1SickMs car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

It's freaking nuts what @LostMarine is able to do with the VT1-535, Pulley, Meth, Drag Radials, and Driver's Skill!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Was that 1SickMs car?
    @LostMarine mentioned to me on FB that this specific VT2-625 was the previous quickest and fastest VT1-535 record holder. So I am also assuming that's 1SICKM.

I can't wait to see some videos!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

he needs to throw that pulley on Click here to enlarge or one of these days when I come down to his house, hes gonna go take a $#@! in his bathroom, come out and find the car magically faster Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Wow, that's sickk.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yeah curious about supporting mods on the 625 car. Also, what were DA's? Thx.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

It was horribe,the DA was positive all day anywhere from +700 to +1000 at any given time and it was 72degrees out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    mine is same as always. 535, 102mm pulley, ebay xpipe, stock rear mufflers w/ cutouts, CF5's on front, Nitto Drag radials in back, not sure if meth was on or off w/ this run.

@1SICKM can elaborate on his car, i dont know other than dct and 625

we attempted to install his 575 pulley, which turns out to be 97mm, and my 97mm pulley i bought from vortech directly.. BUT, there is a spacer on my kit that wont allow it. the pulleys would need to be machined down to fit

according to Dragtimes, the DA was between +450 and +850 all day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I should have checked dragtimes instead of listening to some random guy at the rental,so I stand corrected. 70 degree day in October w positive DA is not the norm for Atco and Im a bit disapointed it was not cooler but regadless I had a great time
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

LM, you've definitely made that 535 kit look real enticing, your car is performing great and that kit isn't bad in terms of pricing. If you got some lighter wheels and perfect conditions, I'm sure you can do even better! Nice job
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    LM, you've definitely made that 535 kit look real enticing, your car is performing great and that kit isn't bad in terms of pricing. If you got some lighter wheels and perfect conditions, I'm sure you can do even better! Nice job

lol.. ive been joking the past few hours that i can put probably put a non IC kit in the 10's before any of the higher kits do, besides the VF car of course Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

You may be able to! I honestly was thinking, someone could get a low mileage used m and throw a 535 kit on there and have a very fun/fast street car, faster than I initially thought, prob what i would have done if i knew but im to far into my 335 now. Btw I'm gonna talk to u later this winter about rbs/meth ........ getting the itch. :-)
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

VF has a 540 kit that was released a few days after i purchased my 535. id love to get someone local with that to see how it compares.

as for the 335's, if someone needed new turbo's anyway, RB is right here, right now, solid proven performance. If someone didnt need turbo's, or wanted to go overboard, then I, personally, would want a true "stg 3" setup, but thats gonna be a wait still..

basically, my M is now faster than my RB 335 was in street trim, just slightly.. but i get to enjoy having a V8, DCT, with M interior/exterior/comforts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    VF has a 540 kit that was released a few days after i purchased my 535. id love to get someone local with that to see how it compares.

as for the 335's, if someone needed new turbo's anyway, RB is right here, right now, solid proven performance. If someone didnt need turbo's, or wanted to go overboard, then I, personally, would want a true "stg 3" setup, but thats gonna be a wait still..

basically, my M is now faster than my RB 335 was in street trim, just slightly.. but i get to enjoy having a V8, DCT, with M interior/exterior/comforts
    You think? I would think a RB car still might have a slight edge on your m based on your own times you achieved before you sold it. My turbos seem fine, I'm going to see how everything shakes out with stg 2 vs stg 3.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

nah, in pure street form, pumpgas, even pump/meth vs equal fuel, daily driver tires, weight ect. the M edges it out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

LM what would your trap be with RBs with pump+ say 70/30 meth at full weight 124-125ish? at that point the would be M edging it out by having the superior tranny?

With newest tune developments with e85 blend and meth , I think there wil be more 125+mph RB cars in DD trim... from rolls should be very interesting with your M

just run Ben already! @themyst

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I think LM vs a street set up rb car would be a good race. My traps on mine full wieght stock bmw 19s meth and 93 on 17-17.5 psi are 124 constant.
    07 e92 335i 6spd FBO for now

03 z06. 402 with a YSI. 910whp 756wtq at 15psi 93 and meth. Current

2007 e90 335 6at Rb turbos, Fbo, meth 11.7 at 124mph 17psi 93 and meth. Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    LM what would your trap be with RBs with pump+ say 70/30 meth at full weight 124-125ish? at that point the would be M edging it out by having the superior tranny?

With newest tune developments with e85 blend and meth , I think there wil be more 125+mph RB cars in DD trim... from rolls should be very interesting with your M

just run Ben already! @themyst
    Lol if he wants to drive 120 miles north to run me be my guest. Otherwise @LostMarine see you at atco Sunday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Lol if he wants to drive 120 miles north to run me be my guest. Otherwise @LostMarine see you at atco Sunday.
    youre going sunday?? I wish i could go but i have family stuff going on... ben without radials youre f'ed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I'm checking my YouTube Feed nearly every hour....I want to see some videos....hahaha

Again, I just wanted to say, awesome work @LostMarine. Still amazes me what you're achieving on a kit that costs a fraction of the intercooled kits without that much hinderance of performance.

It would have been really interesting to see how much more the VT2-625 starts to pull past 130mph.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    You think? I would think a RB car still might have a slight edge on your m based on your own times you achieved before you sold it. My turbos seem fine, I'm going to see how everything shakes out with stg 2 vs stg 3.
    Gotta remember that LM's 335 had a built AT, so it was a lot easier to launch & get a quality start than an MT. Also, I don't think any1s compared a ProTuned RB vs JB4 RB.

From a roll it would probably be a lot more interesting, but an supercharged DCT M3 will still out perform 95% of 335's.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thanks, there are videos of me vs a 625 and a 650, waiting on some things

as for the RB, prior to the trans rebuild, high 11's @ 121-123 were the norm. This is why its interesting to see the 2 matched up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, there are videos of me vs a 625 and a 650, waiting on some things

as for the RB, prior to the trans rebuild, high 11's @ 121-123 were the norm. This is why its interesting to see the 2 matched up
    I thought u ran the 11.1@127 BEFORE the trans rebuild?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast