Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FormerRotor Click here to enlarge
    with which he was running 12.6s on standard tires
    12.6?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...Sorry, in a 1/4. This is the best time I know of out of the 335d so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

...Sorry, in a 1/4. This is the best time I know of out of the 335d so far.
    No that's incredible just looking for more details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No that's incredible just looking for more details.
    Heres some info from one of his posts in October 2012 (not to thread jack)...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TDIwyse Click here to enlarge
    Well, that car has an Evolve remap, stacked with a customized JBD that progressively adds pwr based on rpm, and H2O/methanol injection at ~650 ml/min (based on AEM flow gauge data) at max boost. But the IC is stock. The H2O injection pulls intake temps down below ambient temps even on hot summer days on multiple pulls based on Bavarian Technic logged data.

The progressive JBD mod is key to keeping torque levels below the rated capacity of the transmission. It's only adding in pwr after the remap torque curve is starting to fall off. It's below the stock "0" setting until ~2500rpm and peaks at ~90-95% at 4400rpm. Makes for a nice, broad torque curve. It's also nice because the rail pressure distortion is at near stock levels during the rpm's where the ECU's injector calibration adaptation routine occurs.

The remap also increases boost for better utilization of the extra fuel (less soot formation and loading of the DPF), and the H2O injection reduces peak cylinder pressures and NoX formation, as well as further reduces soot formation (based on published papers).

It's been a good combo over the last several months which gives good performance and efficiency with little fuss. And it doesn't use much H20/methanol (fill the washer fluid resevoir about once every 1-2 months). Largely because it doesn't use much boost unless you get on it, and then you're speeding before you know it . . .

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TDIwyse Click here to enlarge
    Forgot . . . the reason the JBD can be stacked with the Evolve remap is due to the remap not touching the rail pressure. This was verified with BT logged data before messing with the JBD.
    ...and I was actually wrong about the tires, he was running Hoosiers at the time (245).

im thinking similar result might be able to be obtained with the RENNtech tune + meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

FormerRotor welcome to this site!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, bud. I've been around...just not posting Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

...and I was actually wrong about the tires, he was running Hoosiers at the time (245).

im thinking similar result might be able to be obtained with the RENNtech tune + meth.
    He ever post a slip?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

AFAIK it's only Ron1n (who acted as Burger's guinea pig for the BMS WW kit) and TDIwyse (custom setup using a combo of a custom programmed JBD, Evolve Tune, and an off the shelf meth controller plugged in to MAP). I don't know of anyone running meth in conjunction with the RENNtech tune, though, and I think anyone taking it on now still qualifies as either a frontierman or at least an early adopter Click here to enlarge

My guess is that the RENNtech with meth would produce similar results to TDIs setup (with which he was running 12.6s on standard tires). If only we could get a good DPF delete tune stateside, we may be able to push beyond this.
    I would go for clean LPG injection for the 35d engine instead unhealthy meth =) But, since Diesel emission removal it's not in any of my priority for street legal diesel tuning. I would like to see anyone else challenge any legal CARB, EPA or Euro emissions watchdogs for a quick buck.

I am all for greater power output & lower emissions!
    Last edited by LW@MTG; 04-09-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Sticky , He did. Are we good to post links to other forums here? I know some other places are particular about that.

@m54b25, is meth not street legal? Would any adjustments need to be made to the diesel tune from Renntech in order to run it efficiently with water/meth injection?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

He did. Are we good to post links to other forums here? I know some other places are particular about that.
    I mean I don't like it but go ahead.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

@Sticky , He did. Are we good to post links to other forums here? I know some other places are particular about that.

@m54b25 , is meth not street legal? Would any adjustments need to be made to the diesel tune from Renntech in order to run it efficiently with water/meth injection?

Methanol
    (CH3OH) it's not a healthy fuel. Running it on the street is illegal, as if it catches on fire. It can't been seen burning, which is a danger to public. Its illegal, and insurance would be void. Ask a few 335i owners. We've not tried this on 35d for liability & unsafe reasons.

There's other type of safer clean fuels for tuning. like LPG can be used as an ancillary fuel & adds more power without polluting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lets see if this works so I don't have to post the link...
    not my results, these are from TDIwyse on the other forum running above-listed setup. (The 12.69)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge

Methanol
    (CH3OH) it's not a healthy fuel. Running it on the street is illegal, as if it catches on fire. It can't been seen burning, which is a danger to public. Its illegal, and insurance would be void. Ask a few 335i owners. We've not tried this on 35d for liability & unsafe reasons.

There's other type of safer clean fuels for tuning. like LPG can be used as an ancillary fuel & adds more power without polluting.
    With all due respect,though, i feel much more comfortable running meth on the street in an inflammable mixture with water (little more so than windshield wiper fluid) than I do running LPG...not to mention the fact that the atomized water will encapsulate carbon molecules and help with buildup. Interesting, though that you would prefer LPG. I do not initially think that is the right solution for me, but I will have to do more research on that end.

Either way, I've always been very impressed by RENNtech's tuning practices and I think my diesel may very well have the RENNtech tune in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Lets see if this works so I don't have to post the link...
    not my results, these are from TDIwyse on the other forum running above-listed setup. (The 12.69)
    Click here to enlarge
    12.6@109 without even the best 60 foot. That's freaking impressive in my book, wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No bad for a HEAVY DIESEL car LOL, im impressed!! he needs an IC to help his turbos!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    hifiguy if youre a racer like me you will loose some MPGs currently Im getting anywhere from 22-23 mpg city and HOLD ON to this anywhere from 40-46 mpg hwy yes amigo you read that right BUT mind you i have the WAGNER IC which helps improve more cooler air to the turbos but if i did not have the WAGNER IC it would of been anywhere from 36-40 mpg hwy but same in the city as above give or take
    Hey PR ... Been a while. I'm glad that there's some solid data on the Renntech tune. We argued about that a while back. Click here to enlarge I see Wagner has finally released the IC. Just in time for me to pay off the lease this fall and then I can get one. Question ... I'm guessing the IC and tune play well together but since you've got both, maybe you can confirm it?

Also, what's your opinion of stacking the JBD mod on top of the Renntech + Wagner IC with the JBD delayed until 2500 rpm to keep the trans from being torqued to death? Also, did you ever get the Quaife LSD, and if so, what do you think? At about 2-1/2 grand, as much as I'd like one, I think discretion is the better part of valor on that item.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

yes amigo stafyrr, I have both installed and car is running SUPERBLY, last couple of days w full tank I looked at my odmeter and full tank Im getting over 40 mpg at 70 mph but at the end I do more than 95% fo city driving, I just beat the sheit out of her i race a lot and end up getting anywhewre from 20-23 mpg oh well WTF.

On the stacking of JBD and RENNTech I believe its not a great idea a piggyback i understand TRICKS the computer and the RENNtech actually works with all the components of the car. i wouldnt try it, either stay with JBD or stay w RENNtech. One thing I musyt say and brought it out to Lenny from RENNtech the car is a monster but with the new IC the car is indeed for improvement. The car tops out way to fast and i believe with proper dyno and restructuring of the flash we can get more ponies out and of course our beloved TORQUE!!!. I have a guy who just installed the RENNtech flash I was molded by lenny and the guy is freaking happy he will install the WAGNER IC later so he will be RENNtech's GUINEA PIG and he also Lives in Florida. I will touch base with him and eventually go see the dyno runs once everything is in place!! trust me on this.

on the other hand I havent Installed the QUAFIE, its not me, one the cost and two Im happy with whats installed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    I have a guy who just installed the RENNtech flash I was molded by lenny and the guy is freaking happy he will install the WAGNER IC later so he will be RENNtech's GUINEA PIG and he also Lives in Florida. I will touch base with him and eventually go see the dyno runs once everything is in place!! trust me on this.
    Awesome, looking forward to those results! would love to do the same to my X5 35d.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

hifi spoke to Lenny and Aly, Aly will get the WAGNER IC and then go to RENNtech for a better mapping of the Flash and IC I told Lenny and Aly to let me know so I can fly in and have my ECU programmed better I will keep everyone posted!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any news?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How's the summer in PR treating your 335d?

My X5d has gotten lower MPGs due to the higher A/C use, but cant complain much at 3.99 a gallon.

Btw, any sightings of that Vossen bumblebee 328?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I always use my ac can't lie with out it. Who is the vossen bumblebee?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I bet your IC & tune make a good difference. Any word of Aly's upgrades?

Not sure who it belongs to, the wheels look pretty decent.

http://www.vossenwheels.com/worldtour-pr2013/

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Wow this photo was taken near El Morro I believe either in Catanio or Levittown but I hvnt seen this car at all on the roads hopefully I will send me who's where I can get his nick ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The pics were posted under Vossens account on the F_Thirty forum but im guessing the car is back in miami (would it get flown in and out?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast