Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question For those of you that has had your VANOS fixed, is car faster now?

I threw a bunch of VANOS codes awhile ago with my JB+ at full blast and just cleared them thinking nothing was wrong but find out from searching on here it could kill your low end torque which i think it has in my car. I can floor it in 1st with no wheel spin and takes a couple seconds to hit boost. The loaner i got one time felt like it had no lag at all so my question to you guys is when you took your car in to the dealer to get the VANOS fixed, was it way faster after you got it? Also i cant seem to throw the VANOS code again but i havent been flooring it to much lately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I don't hear of VANOS just giving out like that often. It may be in your head but obviously won't hurt to have the dealer take a look. If the controller was malfunctioning then you would notice something down low but it is mainly a driveability concern and won't really make the car "faster."
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See i read somewhere that someone had it fixed and car felt waaaay faster. I got codes after I put JB+ on max. I can't even break the tires loose with DTC off flooring it from 1st gear but i could in a stock loaner?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Charleston335i Click here to enlarge
    See i read somewhere that someone had it fixed and car felt waaaay faster. I got codes after I put JB+ on max. I can't even break the tires loose with DTC off flooring it from 1st gear but i could in a stock loaner?
    Well, if the system is malfunctioning then the car won't be performing correctly down low so certainly once resolved it will feel faster. I mean, if it isn't working, by all means, have the dealer check it as you want your VANOS functioning properly.

Regarding breaking the tires loose, that depends on the surface, tires, etc. Just have the dealer check it for peace of mind.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have asked them to check the extreme lag i have but they found nothing. I think if i say please check my VANOS they might be suspicious of me tuning..? I wish I can get that code to come up again. I took off the JB+ and my car seems a little faster for some reason, not sure why is that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I have asked them to check the extreme lag i have but they found nothing. I think if i say please check my VANOS they might be suspicious of me tuning..? I wish I can get that code to come up again. I took off the JB+ and my car seems a little faster for some reason, not sure why is that.
    Well, I don't really think you have much to worry about from just a JB+ especially if you haven't said anything about it. If they have already looked they should have already checked the VANOS and the ecu by default unless they did not do their job thoroughly.

You could get a dyno as well before going further with the dealer, just to know if something is up or if it is psychosomatic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is true! I think it is making me physco lol. When you were stock could you break traction easily in first?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

That is true! I think it is making me physco lol. When you were stock could you break traction easily in first?
    Yes, because my car did not have an N54. Click here to enlarge

One of the other guys will have to chime in with their experience on that.