Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 77
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Shes loving the corn!
    Oh do tell me more Bren.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Shes loving the corn!
    Oh snap! Is this the first e85 boosted S65?!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    I want to see all the data @BrenM3...

    Preferably in a separate E85 S65 thread.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    stock injectors?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    stock injectors?
    Doesn't their kit come with upgraded injectors?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't their kit come with upgraded injectors?
    good point

    ess provided injectors?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    why.. why are there not updates..

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Ask @BrenM3

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Been out on vacation.

    Haven't been rushing to spill all the beans and post graphs considering the drama around what VT625 /VT620 "should make" as the 91 results in california are very low, the 93 results on east coast (NJ/CT guys on DJ) are great, and the race gas numbers are amazing.

    The details are as follows: On the same dyno we are making a 340whp baseline back in 2010, I made 589whp on 93 on pump in 30 degree ambient temps - car did not reach the full timing target. This is very similar to M33s 650 kit on ICS's dynojet on 93. With a mix of E85 / 93octane and re-adaptation and maxing out the upper timing curve that car threw down a throttle body shutting redline peak of 628whp with however a more obvious "Real" peak curve number of ~610whp range.

    I found that 30% E85 did not max fuel trims nor make the injectors static. I will test it more thoroughly in higher gears come spring. I find that more and more people will run race gas mixes or E85 as the kits are really not all that impressive when heatsoaked dynoing on pump fuel.

    More importantly: We also have noticed slightly more then 7.5psi peak, around 8.0 - making this really a "650" kit. I need to measure the pulley when its out of storage. But this goes along with what Ricky's trap speed of 132+mph was saying as far as power. Another cool note is we are now running the new gintani sport valved exhaust. With the valves shut and a very quiet exhaust note - the car only lost 10-12whp at the top of the curve. Very excited to see that. Let the dyno racing commence! Click here to enlarge

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Been out on vacation.

    Haven't been rushing to spill all the beans and post graphs considering the drama around what VT625 /VT620 "should make" as the 91 results in california are very low, the 93 results on east coast (NJ/CT guys on DJ) are great, and the race gas numbers are amazing.

    The details are as follows: On the same dyno we are making a 340whp baseline back in 2010, I made 589whp on 93 on pump in 30 degree ambient temps - car did not reach the full timing target. This is very similar to M33s 650 kit on ICS's dynojet on 93. With a mix of E85 / 93octane and re-adaptation and maxing out the upper timing curve that car threw down a throttle body shutting redline peak of 628whp with however a more obvious "Real" peak curve number of ~610whp range.

    I found that 30% E85 did not max fuel trims nor make the injectors static. I will test it more thoroughly in higher gears come spring. I find that more and more people will run race gas mixes or E85 as the kits are really not all that impressive when heatsoaked dynoing on pump fuel.

    More importantly: We also have noticed slightly more then 7.5psi peak, around 8.0 - making this really a "650" kit. I need to measure the pulley when its out of storage. But this goes along with what Ricky's trap speed of 132+mph was saying as far as power. Another cool note is we are now running the new gintani sport valved exhaust. With the valves shut and a very quiet exhaust note - the car only lost 10-12whp at the top of the curve. Very excited to see that. Let the dyno racing commence! Click here to enlarge
    I need to get myself that valved exhaust.

    Do you think E85 allows more aggressive timing than race gas?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely, Unless you are running C16 C18. It has a cooling property as well.

    I have found a few more degrees of ignition 3-4 advance between a race gas mix and e85 mix safely. Which on a high compression v8 is worth a ton.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely, Unless you are running C16 C18. It has a cooling property as well.

    I have found a few more degrees of ignition 3-4 advance between a race gas mix and e85 mix safely. Which on a high compression v8 is worth a ton.
    You think I should run E85 on my M3 then? I may need bigger injectors.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You think I should run E85 on my M3 then? I may need bigger injectors.
    In addition to injectors, does your fueling system have enough power to run 100% E85? Would obviously need to retune with a flex fuel sensor to maximize gains & safely tune (not sure about in CA, but E85 isn't always 85% here in NJ/PA/NY-area. It's all marketed as E85 but ethanol content can be as low as 70%).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    In addition to injectors, does your fueling system have enough power to run 100% E85? Would obviously need to retune with a flex fuel sensor to maximize gains & safely tune (not sure about in CA, but E85 isn't always 85% here in NJ/PA/NY-area. It's all marketed as E85 but ethanol content can be as low as 70%).
    I have upgraded fuel pumps.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have upgraded fuel pumps.
    Yea, I know that all the low-compressions have required an upgraded fuel system, but do you have enough to run 100% E85?? Or will you max your fuel trims since (unless I'm mistaken) it was only designed for pump/race gas
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Yea, I know that all the low-compressions have required an upgraded fuel system, but do you have enough to run 100% E85?? Or will you max your fuel trims since (unless I'm mistaken) it was only designed for pump/race gas
    Don't know.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    I run mixes due on our cold winters and cold starting 100% E85 can be tough!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I run mixes due on our cold winters and cold starting 100% E85 can be tough!
    what injectors?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I run mixes due on our cold winters and cold starting 100% E85 can be tough!
    Why is cold starting E85 tough?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why is cold starting E85 tough?
    known side effect of E-fuel cars

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Interesting.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    what injectors?
    625/650 injectors. Until a bigger solution is needed. There is headroom in them.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    You guys wont have these issues in California.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,778
    Rep Points
    31,789.5
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    625/650 injectors. Until a bigger solution is needed. There is headroom in them.
    How much headroom? How much power will those injectors support with E85?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How much headroom? How much power will those injectors support with E85?
    Haven't come to a limit yet, weather really puts everything to a halt for testing in higher gears this time of year, damn you california Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •