Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dealer can't clear brake light warning

About 2k miles after having front and rear brake pads replaced my brake light warning came back on. I thought the pads might need recalibrating or replacing so I went back to the dealer. Talking to my service advisor they have not been able to clear the light using the normal methods. He said they tried everything they would usually (recalibrating/resetting) and now had to ask BMWNA for advice. He says it has something to do with the computer. They sent BMWNA all my cars information to do this.

I'm nervous because my tune is still in the car set to map 0. I have ******* DPs which could be a concern but I made sure to clear codes before hand. Now he is saying any programming would come out of pocket despite that I'm under CPO and maintenance warranty. Is any of this normal? I feel like I'm about to void my warranty trying to clear a service light

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Take your tune out, why didn't you do that to begin with when you took it in?

He's trying to scare you.

Dumb move leaving your tune in though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Broken sensor -- Dealer damaged my sensor after they changed the brakes, I had the "Brake" light on my dash + the car on a lift symbol
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

+ 1 on the sensor....they need to just replace the sensors. Never leave your tune in.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CPO terms are listed on BMW's website. It's normal you need to pay for programming. CPO doesn't cover that.
    Click here to enlarge