Close

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: JB4 New owner

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NorthEast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    48.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    JB4 New owner

    Hey Guys, just got my JB4 in my N54 2008 and im loving it. the car is at 32k miles, plugs never changed. I plan on perhaps cruising around on map 1 or 5 (car is stock) and I will get the plugs changed real soon. Any other maintenance items that I should tackle while doing that? Should I wait until I get misfires to replace or just do it now? Also, where is the cheapest place? Tischer is at 109 shipped.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I got my set of spark plugs from here: http://www.sparkplugauto.com/bosch/b...park-plug.html

    It was about $69 shipped for the 6 plugs. Other than that, happy boosting!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Points
    8,959.4
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys, just got my JB4 in my N54 2008 and im loving it. the car is at 32k miles, plugs never changed. I plan on perhaps cruising around on map 1 or 5 (car is stock) and I will get the plugs changed real soon. Any other maintenance items that I should tackle while doing that? Should I wait until I get misfires to replace or just do it now? Also, where is the cheapest place? Tischer is at 109 shipped.

    We've got plugs and the special socket both in stock. Click here to enlarge

    http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_BMW_...t_adapter.html
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    337
    Rep Points
    443.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I got my set of spark plugs from here: http://www.sparkplugauto.com/bosch/b...park-plug.html

    It was about $69 shipped for the 6 plugs. Other than that, happy boosting!
    That's a pretty good price. I recently bought a set of 6 from AutohauzAZ and it cost me $72.96 shipped. Once your order is over a certain amount, the shipping is free.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NorthEast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    48.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    thanks everyone! anything else i should swap out for maintenance due to the tune ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    thanks everyone! anything else i should swap out for maintenance due to the tune ?
    I would say unless you know of over due maintenance, plugs are enough for now... run the tune and if you get any hiccups read codes and swap out accordingly
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    337
    Rep Points
    443.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    thanks everyone! anything else i should swap out for maintenance due to the tune ?
    Also, order the BMS socket through the link posted above by Terry. Works perfectly.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NorthEast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    48.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thank you everyone! I'm loving the JB4! I have DCI also that I did not put in, I read that they heatsoak and are almost pointless except for sound, SO we'll see if I get around to installing it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    Thank you everyone! I'm loving the JB4! I have DCI also that I did not put in, I read that they heatsoak and are almost pointless except for sound, SO we'll see if I get around to installing it.
    Just put them in. The intercooler gets heatsoaked and affects IAT's, not the intake.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NorthEast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    48.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Just put them in. The intercooler gets heatsoaked and affects IAT's, not the intake.
    Thanks I'll get to it , this might sound stupid, but ever since I put jb4 in my seat belts work all the time !! Jb4 is a blessing ! Lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    Thank you everyone! I'm loving the JB4! I have DCI also that I did not put in, I read that they heatsoak and are almost pointless except for sound, SO we'll see if I get around to installing it.
    Whoever told you that is spreading Click here to enlarge Get the intake installed so your turbos will get more air. Outside of the plugs, run some logs to make sure the car is running smoothly & consider getting an oil change (try to change it regularly every 10-12k).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NorthEast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    48.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Whoever told you that is spreading Click here to enlarge Get the intake installed so your turbos will get more air. Outside of the plugs, run some logs to make sure the car is running smoothly & consider getting an oil change (try to change it regularly every 10-12k).
    thanks for the advice! ill be doing ever 6-7k, and my oil was recently changed at 31k. Ill throw the DCIs on and see if I like em.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    thanks for the advice! ill be doing ever 6-7k, and my oil was recently changed at 31k. Ill throw the DCIs on and see if I like em.
    If you google DCI Myth, there's a "study" that Terry conducted over on N54Tech that illustrates that DCIs are no more susceptible to heatsoak then the OEM "CAI"
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NorthEast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    48.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If you google DCI Myth, there's a "study" that Terry conducted over on N54Tech that illustrates that DCIs are no more susceptible to heatsoak then the OEM "CAI"
    thanks, just did that and I see the graphs. I will have the DCIs installed soon. looking forward to hearing more swishhhhhh

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •