Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    keep your funds for your car, buy a pile of $#@! and get around, nobody is judging. Thats what I'd do, considering the funds you'll be requiring.
    i know, i don't really care, and most other people i know drive hail damaged kia's and stuff lol... at this point i can't keep driving it around and getting it more scratched up.. and i'm still young enough i don't HAVE to be smart with my money haha

well we (girlfriend and myself) may be moving into share accom to save some funds, that's between $120-$150/week if not a tad more in savings right there, and i'm the only one that needs a garage space

and if i get a work car, that's a further $100 odd per week saved in fuel/maint/tires sorta - ~$250 extra per week i can funnel straight to mods is nothing to sneeze at

it's been super slow until now, but with work picking up as well as the above, and tax (return) time soon, in theory it will seriously start snowballing, i'm still aiming for 6 months, 12 at worst if i go all-out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i know, i don't really care, and most other people i know drive hail damaged kia's and stuff lol... at this point i can't keep driving it around and getting it more scratched up.. and i'm still young enough i don't HAVE to be smart with my money haha

well we (girlfriend and myself) may be moving into share accom to save some funds, that's between $120-$150/week if not a tad more in savings right there, and i'm the only one that needs a garage space

and if i get a work car, that's a further $100 odd per week saved in fuel/maint/tires sorta - ~$250 extra per week i can funnel straight to mods is nothing to sneeze at

it's been super slow until now, but with work picking up as well as the above, and tax (return) time soon, in theory it will seriously start snowballing, i'm still aiming for 6 months, 12 at worst if i go all-out.

Yeah... Its been really bad last 12 months for me. But it will pick up. But the last many many years, I've had upwards of 5-6k a week for play Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Yeah... Its been really bad last 12 months for me. But it will pick up. But the last many many years, I've had upwards of 5-6k a week for play Click here to enlarge
    Huh? You have a spare $6k every week?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

it's been bad since about november for me when work sorta ended for the year, trainee wages (still not bad) needs a heap of overtime to afford all this stuff, which is JUST starting to roll in with major projects lol... so hopefully my play money increases from near-zero now (damn living expenses) >_<

5-6k a week no $#@!? that's ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    i wish i did D:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Since about 2009 up till last year, yeah. Sometimes more sometimes a little less but I was rolling in it for quite some time. I bought my 335i cash with two weeks pay.

Before that, I would make around 3-4k a week, right now I've got three businesses, one of which I'm exiting and another one going through a major focus shift so I'm only paying myself about 7-10k a month.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

so basically you made 1/4 million every year since 2009?

What businesses do you own?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    and more importantly, are you looking to adopt ? Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge

In 2007, I was making 3k a week or so. In 2009 till 2011 I regularly brought home 5-8k a week. My best 7 day check gross was 13k.

I own a sports bar, which is the business i'm exiting due to one bad business partner of three, a marketing company which is my bread and butter, and a computer store. My partner works heavily in CPA marketing and makes a cool 20-40k a week before taxes. This is my worst financial state since 2005, and I pay myself a 1500 salary and monthly bonuses based on a ratio of whats left in the account. Hasn't been as much lately.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

In 2007, I was making 3k a week or so. In 2009 till 2011 I regularly brought home 5-8k a week. My best 7 day check gross was 13k.

I own a sports bar, which is the business i'm exiting due to one bad business partner of three, a marketing company which is my bread and butter, and a computer store. My partner works heavily in CPA marketing and makes a cool 20-40k a week before taxes. This is my worst financial state since 2005, and I pay myself a 1500 salary and monthly bonuses based on a ratio of whats left in the account. Hasn't been as much lately.
    a computer store lol??? i havent seen an independent one for like 10 years now
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge

Just so you don't think I'm an internet tool, and since you've asked, here are a couple of videos I took cashing my check I did for fun and because many people don't believe me. They are all 100's except for a couple of the last few. I am 28 now, this was 4-5 years ago.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    a computer store lol??? i havent seen an independent one for like 10 years now
    Yep! I own a computer repair shop. Its a tough business, I had taken a loss for two years. Requires a second income to really get going, even with a full on retail store front and reputable place of business. Computers have always been a natural thing for me, and I always wanted one so I have a friend working there. Its good times Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Since about 2009 up till last year, yeah. Sometimes more sometimes a little less but I was rolling in it for quite some time. I bought my 335i cash with two weeks pay.

Before that, I would make around 3-4k a week, right now I've got three businesses, one of which I'm exiting and another one going through a major focus shift so I'm only paying myself about 7-10k a month.
    Ummm that's much more money than someone driving a 335 should have.

I mean cool if it's true but I doubt a consistent $24k monthly net for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

so I'm only paying myself about 7-10k a month.
    practically slumming it Click here to enlarge

Yep! I own a computer repair shop. Its a tough business, I had taken a loss for two years. Requires a second income to really get going, even with a full on retail store front and reputable place of business. Computers have always been a natural thing for me, and I always wanted one so I have a friend working there. Its good times Click here to enlarge
    in a few years i'm actually looking into starting up a mobile IT business, no need for a shop until it took off, and no need for extra employees in the same time, and when the going rate is about $130-$135/hr over here... better off using the skills i've got lol.. just have to save up enough for the vehicle/bits of equipment needed/cash to tide me over until business picked up etc.

well, if he managed to pay it upfront, he could have had reasons to not spend more? many reasons i can think of haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    well, if he managed to pay it upfront, he could have had reasons to not spend more? many reasons i can think of haha
    If I had $24k a month to just blow however I wanted 335's would be reserved for my mistresses.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

If I had $24k a month to just blow however I wanted 335's would be reserved for my mistresses.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

5-6k a week left over, which depended on what I had to pay that week isn't a lot of money. Some people think 50k a year is a lot, some think 100k a year is a lot... It just isn't. It takes more money to make more money. Just trying to fit in with the crowd costs money to try and hang with they go out, travel meet business partners, comparing cars, assets etc. Make 10k a week just once, you'll think you're king of the hill, till someone else comes along and smashes your ego. making 5-8k a week is not some super crazy sum of money you guys make it seem. I've bought a house, gotten married(asian wedding, if you know anything about that you gotta have money to give and show to the fam bam), 15k diamond(stone alone, not including setting) which is not a lot, my wifes friend has a 45k diamond, renovated my house, paid back taxes, did some traveling, made large investments into the bar, money goes quick man, thought you'd understand that especially when that type of money was only realized for about two years and has since slowed down. The 3-4k a week I was making previous to all that before taxes turns into like 2000-2400 after tax just so you know. So in two years, I did a lot with my money, a lot of it was catching up on back taxes from being paid on a 1099 and not putting taxes aside(foolish when younger). I've got nothing else to prove here, unless of course, you know what it costs to be in three businesses all at once, actually make 5-8k a week and get married buy a home, pay large amounts of back taxes, have a child and the REAL cost of renovating a 2400sq ft 2 story home with all the new appliances (Pretty much LG everything from washers to ranges) that a new home needs and quality bamboo flooring, granite etc.

I've made a lot quickly and seen it disappear just as fast, so for me to 'only' own two bmw's at the same time at the age of 24 and being too careful by not own a Lamborghini or something(which i've done a lot of online window shopping for) then fault me if you choose, however I am financially prepared to withstand a downturn of business which I am currently in now. I have a good friend that is an anesthesiologist. He drives a Mazda and its his only car, so what do you know about their paychecks?
    Last edited by klipseracer; 03-26-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

5-6k a week left over, which depended on what I had to pay that week isn't a lot of money. Some people think 50k a year is a lot, some think 100k a year is a lot... It just isn't.
    I don't think either of those are a lot but $6k a week is just about a 1/4 million a year... I mean that's not terrible.

Just trying to fit in with the crowd costs money to try and hang with they go out, travel meet business partners, comparing cars, assets etc. Make 10k a week just once, you'll think you're king of the hill, till someone else comes along and smashes your ego.
    I live in the capital of monetary ego. I think if you knew how I spent money...

making 5-8k a week is not some super crazy sum of money you guys make it seem.
    I'm not saying it's crazy I'm just saying I don't think you have that or why even bother with 335's? I mean $25k or so a month is enough for lot's of toys. Nice toys.

I have a good friend that is an anesthesiologist. He drives a Mazda and its his only car, so what do you know about their paychecks?
    Actually quite a bit. I considered this as a career early on due to the pay scale.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I'm not saying it's crazy I'm just saying I don't think you have that or why even bother with 335's? I mean $25k or so a month is enough for lot's of toys. Nice toys.
    Read below. My 'toys' are the expenses I mentioned above. Would you agree that money can be spent, invested and saved without buying the maximum toy that this type of income can bring? It would be foolish to disagree.

Let me make a blanket statement like you have. People who don't believe me, either don't know what 20k a month looks like or don't make it. So you must not make anywhere near that.

Actually quite a bit. I considered this as a career early on due to the pay scale.
    He drives a mazda, yet does quite well. The car you drive is not indicative of the money you make, save or spend. You are correlating the two together as testament and fact, which as shown in my example doesn't mean squat, only in your mind.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Here is another bit for you. I also work in a grey market with high risk merchants(chargeback ratios of 2-10%) which would not be able to maintain their own merchant accounts without getting shuttered by the processing bank. I have very strong merchant connections and provided them merchant accounts that have been factored out to me out of an aggregated merchant account. I paid 20-25% and charged 30%. Month of december of 2012 I ran 500k through the terminals through a fulfillment house on the east cost that runs 5 sales floors out of pakistan with about 10% refunds at varying rates. This was a net profit(with the exception of future refunds/chargebacks which usually slowly come in over the course of 12 months) split with one partner and is one of many things I do. If anyone needs a high risk merchant, I'm your guy. Won't get closed, and can sustain chargeback ratios of 10% and refund rates of 30% and volume capabilities of over a million a month, although the agg accounts themselves are unlimited.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I have NO IDEA what ^ means

all i know is if you're renovating a 2400sq ft 2 story home with decent enough appliances (i wouldn't consider LG top of the line by any stretch) and granite/bamboo... Well that takes hundreds of thousands, and would consider that mostly an investment of sorts

I'm gla tax here is PAYG, rarely if ver will i get a bill over a refund.

ed: and you're only 24?. Wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

People who don't believe me, either don't know what 20k a month looks like or don't make it. So you must not make anywhere near that.
    Heh 20k? Man, I don't know what to tell you other than you can't do what I do for that. I'm not saying anything other than you aren't making a 1/4 mil a year. You just aren't.

He drives a mazda, yet does quite well. The car you drive is not indicative of the money you make, save or spend.
    No but it can be. And if you made what you said that is quite a bit of disposable income. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it and I mean no offense but I have much nicer things all around than you and disposable income as well. And I'm not burning through 24k a month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Heh 20k? Man, I don't know what to tell you other than you can't do what I do for that. I'm not saying anything other than you aren't making a 1/4 mil a year. You just aren't.
    you're right. i'm not any longer. As stated in my post that was a 2-2.5 year occurrence where prior I was making 3-4k a week and now I'm around 7-10k a month average. But even if this was 2-3 years, ago, that was the car I owned at the time. And the fact that you don't believe me, just makes you laughable at the situation. If you wanna keep talking, PM me, I'll send you a one of my tax forms that are above 250 if you show me yours. Chances are, you don't got $#@! to show or the balls to show what you do have, which is ridiculous after all this talk you're making.

No but it can be. And if you made what you said that is quite a bit of disposable income. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it and I mean no offense but I have much nicer things all around than you and disposable income as well. And I'm not burning through 24k a month.
    Because it can be does not mean it always is, and this is where your error is. The sky can be black, but it doesn't mean it always is. You have much nicer things than me? You hardly know me man. For starters, do you own a house? Who paid for it? And where did that money come from? Be honest, don't ride off your fam bam, lol. My parents are poor farmers from Oregon, whom I don't speak to. Who said I burned through all my money? Ever heard of saving? I have the financial factor to build 5 of your supposedly monster M3's, but do I? no because I don't give a flying $#@! to sit there for 3 years and watch my car sit in a shop. Your lack of perception and absurd motivation to see this the way you want to, because its more than you make is quite obvious and you look absolutely foolish at this point. Accept it. Some people make a little more than others, I do. When someone tells me they do well, I applaud them. But because of the car I drive and the assumption I spend all my money on my car(who does that anyway), you don't believe that at one time I made (obviously) far more than you do now, and that's okay. You're a youngster who only understands your daddy's money and your girlfriend sorrows from having no game.

Here is another tip. Do you know what CPA Marketing is? School yourself on the topic, the people involved in that marketing arena and come back and talk to me. I'll now allow you to retort with an unrelated fact that may be true, but has absolutely no bearing on my statements at hand. Cheers!
    Last edited by klipseracer; 03-27-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

you're right. i'm not any longer. As stated in my post that was a 2-2.5 year occurrence where prior I was making 3-4k a week and now I'm around 7-10k a month average. But even if this was 2-3 years, ago, that was the car I owned at the time. And the fact that you don't believe me, just makes you laughable at the situation. If you wanna keep talking, PM me, I'll send you a one of my tax forms that are above 250 if you show me yours. Chances are, you don't got $#@! to show or the balls to show what you do have, which is ridiculous after all this talk you're making.
    If you did props to you I guess. I don't know what to say other than it seems you are throwing figures around to impress people on a car forum. Ok fax me a tax form lol.

You have much nicer things than me? You hardly know me man. For starters, do you own a house? Who paid for it? And where did that money come from? Be honest, don't ride off your fam bam, lol.
    I mean no offense to you but I own several commercial properties in high end areas in SoCal. Do you? As in I own, not the bank owns them. Why do you think I can sit on here all day doing whatever I please? Why do you think I can throw a hell of a lot more than $20k at an M3 (all cash btw) for years (which I also paid cash for when you were "making" 250k a year supposedly) and laugh about it while driving other cars (I also own, not the bank) all of which are nicer than what you have in your sig? And I'm still not burning through 24k a month even though I'm in a much stronger financial position than you are or were or likely ever will be. Hell that's not even counting the money the forum brings me now too which makes you look all the more weak. I'm making more than I ever was... you are talking about what you supposedly made in fantasy land when 20-21?

You're a youngster who only understands your daddy's money and your girlfriend sorrows from having no game.
    I'm turning 30, sorry, that may have held some weight when I was in my early 20's but those days are long gone. You're the 24 year old sitting on my forum claiming a 1/4 million a year and nobody is buying it. Hell even you backed off it saying "Oh not anymore blah blah I saved blah blah." I'm sorry but you are claiming you were making a 1/4 mill when you were 21 and now it sort of fell apart? You sound like those kids on e90post with leased 3-Series in their teens claiming they are financial gurus.

No game? This was me in Vegas last weekend. Show me how your "game" looked like and what you were up to? Were you impressing ladies with tales of CPA marketing and the money you used to make?

Here is another tip. Do you know what CPA Marketing is? School yourself on the topic, the people involved in that marketing arena and come back and talk to me. I'll now allow you to retort with an unrelated fact that may be true, but has absolutely no bearing on my statements at hand. Cheers!
    I have no idea what it is. But considering I make more money than you I guess maybe you should do more reading yourself rather bragging about what you used to make if you ever even did? Your story just reeks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

ed: and you're only 24?. Wow.
    Am I the only one calling BS here?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast