Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bdave Click here to enlarge
    I just dont understand the 10 minute rule for editing.
    I do.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mike made a post that he was offering demo rides to anyone in the Fort Lauderdale area about 4 to 5 weeks ago when he was in the area with the car and freshly tuned (Nick G Pompano Beach) turbo kit.
    I think I was the only guy to take him up on that great offer.
    I was thrilled to be a part of history really. I think it is a bit ground breaking the direction Max PSI has taken with this offering.
    I met up with Mike for lunch on Ravenswood Road and promptly lead him into a nice traffic jam on I-595. LOL
    Despite the traffic I was able to really experience a couple of key areas that impressed me.
    The darn thing starts to get into boost right at 2500 rpm and is almost at full boost (not max HP but full boost) at 3000rpm.

he demonstrated sixth gear roll ons from a a very slow mph and rpm(about 2300). Man, was that impressive how smooth and seamless the power just ramps up. No fuss, no muss, no meth to worry about. Very cool.
    Then he got serious when we had an open area (closed course of course!). We did a brief but very quick run from a dig. It was no 800rwhp HPF testicles being sucked up sort of deal. But it DID twist my breathing and diaphragm. It felt much quicker than say a 500rwhp Super Charger run.

From what I saw and experienced, anyone on the fence over SC or turbo....well this is a game changer. The linear SC like response is incredible, just better, faster and a LOT more fun IMO.
    No contest. This simple, yet effective kit is a winner. THE winner.

I happen to have a brief 720i HD video of the run from a dig on Youtube. It was pretty cloudy. I had to convert some fancy HD files to MP4 or .avi(I forget), but its fairly watchable and gives you an idea. Mike is the only one talking. The high pitched sounding like a balloon hissing air is me not being able to breath too well with my gut muscle strained by some fairly decent acceleration. ("....jeeeze!")

I have NO financial interest what so ever in Max PSI. I am just telling it like I saw it. Now you can see some of it too in my video. I hope some of you at least enjoy it.

Mike, thanks for the ride and the conversation. I had a LOT of fun! I defitely learned a LOT about what a little simple turbo set up can actually do! A whole lot more than most people could ever realize was possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67C3OpRGMvk
    the above is my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfezhKcFwx4
    the above is Nick's video done much earlier. Some things changed (for the better) since he posted that video.
    I like your impressions. Very positive, very very positive.

Have to point out you did get to experience the kit and did post your impressions. Not that I disagree with your impressions simply something to keep in mind that you were chosen so to speak. I think this kit will be a great option once it comes to fruition and I think it will shift S54 forced induction pricing. The marketplace will be better thanks to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I do.
    You are the only oneClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got this test ride on a whim. He simply made an open invitation to ANY body in the Greater FTL area, and I took him up on it.
    I am not even in the market for something like this. Not enough power ultimately for me. But I still was impressed with the simplicity, fast spool and IMO, much superior performance to a Super Charger.
    It could be the perfect first FI kit for many owners.

I see the potential of an E85 version of this (no word of this version yet) being something that would satisfy even die hard power junkies.
    The spool was nothing short of astounding. I can only report what I saw in one brief test ride.

Long term reliability, ease of installation, customer service are all other CRUCIAL factors that hinge on the success of this product. I cant comment on any of those other factors.

Having a kit that works well is a good START, anyways! Click here to enlarge

Mike seemed to me to be an intelligent, passionate guy with a real vision and goal in mind. I wish him the best of luck. I liked his attitude, that I can say.

Sticky, thanks for letting me share my experience with this kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice to hear some independent info on this kit. Is there a release date yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    You are the only oneClick here to enlarge
    Nope, others get it as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got this test ride on a whim. He simply made an open invitation to ANY body in the Greater FTL area, and I took him up on it.
    I am not even in the market for something like this. Not enough power ultimately for me. But I still was impressed with the simplicity, fast spool and IMO, much superior performance to a Super Charger.
    It could be the perfect first FI kit for many owners.

I see the potential of an E85 version of this (no word of this version yet) being something that would satisfy even die hard power junkies.
    The spool was nothing short of astounding. I can only report what I saw in one brief test ride.

Long term reliability, ease of installation, customer service are all other CRUCIAL factors that hinge on the success of this product. I cant comment on any of those other factors.

Having a kit that works well is a good START, anyways! Click here to enlarge

Mike seemed to me to be an intelligent, passionate guy with a real vision and goal in mind. I wish him the best of luck. I liked his attitude, that I can say.

Sticky, thanks for letting me share my experience with this kit.
    Thank you for sharing it, nice to get some feedback from people who have experience with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for sharing it, nice to get some feedback from people who have experience with it.
    Sticky, so far, my limited exposure to your forum has been very positive IMO. I am quite curious why it is not more popular...ie, more members and more discussion on great, well written, interesting threads in this FI section for S54 motors. Not all threads here are duplicated else where.

I have been trying to let many of my buddies know about some great threads going on over here.
    If just a few others could do the same thing....well, that would be great! I would like to see just a few more different voices over here. The more the better. Everyone has a different way of looking at the same subject. That is why forums (generally! can be great LOL)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, so far, my limited exposure to your forum has been very positive IMO. I am quite curious why it is not more popular...ie, more members and more discussion on great, well written, interesting threads in this FI section for S54 motors. Not all threads here are duplicated else where.
    Well it's actually getting pretty popular. But in comparison to the other sites this one is much younger.

Secondly, this site isn't allowed to be mentioned on some of the other sites. So people have a tough time finding it. The smart guys are already here though and that keeps the quality level pretty high.

Some people also just don't like me and won't even give the site a chance instead wishing for it to not do well. Those that do though, they like it. It stands on its quality and content level which nobody else matches IMO.

I have been trying to let many of my buddies know about some great threads going on over here.
    If just a few others could do the same thing....well, that would be great! I would like to see just a few more different voices over here. The more the better. Everyone has a different way of looking at the same subject. That is why forums (generally! can be great LOL)
    I agree. Trust me, the numbers keep going up across the board. I guess I just need to work harder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would like to Congrats Mike@maximumpsi and NickG! Great work!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
    So did Maximum PSI Click here to enlarge
    I will too for my ms45 tune!!! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looking forward to more updates and pics on this product!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to more updates and pics on this product!
    We all are...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear good things Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    for those interested, just seen some good updates on another forum

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    for those interested, just seen some good updates on another forum
    So copy and paste them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    nope. they advertise on the forums they want, and those forums deserve the viewers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nope. they advertise on the forums they want, and those forums deserve the viewers.
    LOL! http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...-with-race-gas

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

He's just 2 hrs late to the party
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I was earlier than you guys. Keep copying and pasting from other forums, and you'll always be second best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was earlier than you guys. Keep copying and pasting from other forums, and you'll always be second best.
    You mean keep detailing the entire aftermarket landscape and not having a narrow focus? This place already is the best and has been for a while now. Probably because you don't have to jump around to tons of sites to get info. Oh, and last I checked, your "best" forum is missing a ton of what is covered here.

Let me know when you do any better, you never will Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good to see even though some folks wear big boy pants they still like to act like 8 year olds.
    This place has been a great place to learn. And so far as I can tell they're not pushing one company over another yada yada yada.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This kit and the ESS SC are front running options for me if I step up. Can't wait to hear more feedback from people that actually travel this path.
    s54door

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBlaze Click here to enlarge
    This kit and the ESS SC are front running options for me if I step up. Can't wait to hear more feedback from people that actually travel this path.
    Still a little ways from being done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any new updates? has the new manifold been tested yet to see if it yields better results?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
    any new updates? has the new manifold been tested yet to see if it yields better results?
    The first customer's car was completed and picked up last week using the new tubular manifold. The results were better than we hoped Click here to enlarge With Sticky's permission, I'll post up the dyno graph.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast