Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maximumpsi Click here to enlarge
    I don't think driekraft was complaining, he was saying it makes nice power for no meth injection.
    Not him, others.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    It would have been great though to see OBDII Readiness despite being catless. Not sure how the exhaust side is designed, but what catalytic converter would you be using? Is it a full single mid pipe or dual like stock?
    That would be illegal, and we couldn't sell a kit like that. Anyone releasing something like that is asking for a large fine down the road. I have some ideas for those looking to take things into their own hands.

The catalyst is a high flow race cat from Random technology. The base kit comes with a 3" downpipe that splits into the stock section 2. A catalyst or 3" cutout can be installed in the downpipe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
    That would be flat out illegal, as that is intentionally lying to pass an emissions test. Other companies have been shut down for this type of behavior. I don't plan on being one of them Click here to enlarge
    That would be illegal, and we couldn't sell a kit like that. Anyone releasing something like that is asking for a large fine down the road. I have some ideas for those looking to take things into their own hands.
    Oh yeah, I totally agree with you both on it being illegal if you used with the intention of trying to pass emissions! For off road or track use only, I think would have been a nice feature for those who just prefer to not have codes pop up even though they know specifically what it is. But yeah, once again, I totally understand where you're coming from. Click here to enlarge

The catalyst is a high flow race cat from Random technology. The base kit comes with a 3" downpipe that splits into the stock section 2. A catalyst or 3" cutout can be installed in the downpipe.
    Nice! I hear great thinks about the RT cat! If you don't mind asking, what's the cell count on it?

Thanks for clarifying on how it integrates with the remainder of the exhaust.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't think the pricing is too bad. It is going to be a great solution and addition to the S54 market.

But it is odd buying something that is 50% of the value of what most E46 M3's sell for these days. Actually most E46 M3's sell for well under $20k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh yeah, I totally agree with you both on it being illegal if you used with the intention of trying to pass emissions! For off road or track use only, I think would have been a nice feature for those who just prefer to not have codes pop up even though they know specifically what it is. But yeah, once again, I totally understand where you're coming from. Click here to enlarge

Nice! I hear great thinks about the RT cat! If you don't mind asking, what's the cell count on it?.
    The "off road" calibration will still have a fully functional CEL that will only illuminate if a code is thrown. It won't have any catalyst codes stored, it just won't pass a catalyst readiness test.

It is a 100 cell cat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Don't think the pricing is too bad. It is going to be a great solution and addition to the S54 market.

But it is odd buying something that is 50% of the value of what most E46 M3's sell for these days. Actually most E46 M3's sell for well under $20k.
    That can be said for just about all of the available solutions. Even when you look at the entry level SC kits, most guys throw on headers/exhaust/etc. The ratio is even more lopsided when you look at turbo E36's. But it all becomes clear once you sit in the driver's seat Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The "off road" calibration will still have a fully functional CEL that will only illuminate if a code is thrown. It won't have any catalyst codes stored, it just won't pass a catalyst readiness test.

It is a 100 cell cat.
    Oh! Yeah, I guess that's how I should of worded what I previously said. I was implying Post-Cat O2 codes simply not being stored and CEL! Thanks clarifying once again.

If I ever decide to go boosted, there is no doubt this is the route I want to take!

Exciting stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do you think a realistic turbo kit price should be? Do you know what the components used in the kit consist of? Have you priced out any supercharger kits?
    I'd say 6-7k considering they are using the stock DME and no aftermarket standalone is necessary. The power isn't that great for a turboed M3...
    Last edited by Eleventeen; 09-27-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Many are clueless, and think food stamps should pay for mods maybe?????
    Clueless??? Obviously you haven't seen what an inline 6 cylinder should be capable of for 10k Click here to enlarge

Oh, and the fact that they are using the stock computer means less hardware is necessary, so that's even less you should be paying for. I'm not sure what you mean saying HPF does this with built motors. There is a stock block HPF M3 running 700hp, so 460hp looks a little lame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Clueless??? Obviously you haven't seen what an inline 6 cylinder should be capable of for 10k Click here to enlarge

Oh, and the fact that they are using the stock computer means less hardware is necessary, so that's even less you should be paying for. I'm not sure what you mean saying HPF does this with built motors. There is a stock block HPF M3 running 700hp, so 460hp looks a little lame.
    So what you're saying is that the factory computer will automatically tune itself for a turbo install?

Damn, I wish I would have spoken to you before!!!

I've just wasted hundreds, if not thousands, of hours in R&D to do what nobody else has done. And all along the computer would just work with the factory stock programming. Man, where have you been all this time? Can I call you and pick your brain a bit......you obviously know way more about this stuff than anybody else.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd say 6-7k considering they are using the stock DME and no aftermarket standalone is necessary. The power isn't that great for a turboed M3...
    Being a long time and current E46 M3 owner, I think that $9100-9500 is more than fair. The HPF Stage 1 on pump fuel makes potentially similar numbers and that is currently selling for $13,500. A $4000 difference is HUGE!

Tuning the DME for a turbo kit is an incredible accomplishment. As silly as it may sound, I have heard of people complaining about something as "little" as constantly having a CEL with their HPF kits because it runs standalone. That would kind of bug me because how would I ever know if something else is going on with the car...

I'll say this again, what NickG and MaximumPSI accomplished is truly admirable and inspiring. Well done guys! No doubt this kit will sell like hot cakes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    A pristine E46 M3 won't be sub $20k.

It's how it is with modding though. An E55 AMG can be picked up for the low 20's or even less than $20k and a supercharger upgrade from Weistec costs $8-9k. But when you put the numbers together it's still far less than buying a new M3 or new E63 with more power than those cars have stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A pristine E46 M3 won't be sub $20k.

It's how it is with modding though. An E55 AMG can be picked up for the low 20's or even less than $20k and a supercharger upgrade from Weistec costs $8-9k. But when you put the numbers together it's still far less than buying a new M3 or new E63 with more power than those cars have stock.
    I must be backwards because I think that, because the E46 M3 is much more affordable than they used to be, that there should be even more reason to spend quality dollars on top products! I think that's a big reason as to why there is a such a big urgency to continue developing great products for these cars/ There has a been a quantum leap in NA and FI application for this car very recently and the hunger from E46 M3 owners and tuners are no where near satiated!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    because the E46 M3 is much more affordable than they used to be, that there should be even more reason to spend quality dollars on top products!
    I think this is sound reasoning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think this is sound reasoning.
    ...that's what I tell myself at night so I don't feel guilty for spending tons of pennies on my E46 M3...haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ...that's what I tell myself at night so I don't feel guilty for spending tons of pennies on my E46 M3...haha
    It would be tons more pennies on a new car!

Plus the E46 M3 is still good looking and a ton of fun to drive. Only can get more fun with all these new developments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Our kit is engineered to deliver reliable and repeatable power, OBD2 compliance, and be competitively priced. It retains full knock control and dual vanos optimized for our turbo package. Our hardware consists of top-notch components all hand fabbed in the USA. It has a reprogrammed factory ECU with countless hours of development.

This thread isn't here to compare our kit to HPF, however it does need some clarification. We have two completely different products, even though they are both for the same car. Our kit is knock limited by the fuel that we are running, 93 octane pump gas. This goes for any sc or turbo system for these cars, including HPF. The HPF kits can achieve 650+whp on a stock block by running a combination of race fuel and/or methanol injection. Our hardware is also capable of the same numbers, although we would choose a different compressor if we moved from our ~450 whp goal. We chose to eliminate a meth injection system to suppress knock (like AA and HPF use on their kits) and just develop as efficient of a system as possible on 93. If you are looking for 700whp you are in the wrong thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Our kit is engineered to deliver reliable and repeatable power, OBD2 compliance, and be competitively priced. It retains full knock control and dual vanos optimized for our turbo package. Our hardware consists of top-notch components all hand fabbed in the USA. It has a reprogrammed factory ECU with countless hours of development.

This thread isn't here to compare our kit to HPF, however it does need some clarification. We have two completely different products, even though they are both for the same car. Our kit is knock limited by the fuel that we are running, 93 octane pump gas. This goes for any sc or turbo system for these cars, including HPF. The HPF kits can achieve 650+whp on a stock block by running a combination of race fuel and/or methanol injection. Our hardware is also capable of the same numbers, although we would choose a different compressor if we moved from our ~450 whp goal. We chose to eliminate a meth injection system to suppress knock (like AA and HPF use on their kits) and just develop as efficient of a system as possible on 93. If you are looking for 700whp you are in the wrong thread.
    A lot of people focus on peak numbers.

You are targeting a different type of kit and that is absolutely fine.

With a full exhaust 500 whp should be a reasonable expectation which on 93 pump is very nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does this kit include a bov? Ive watched a few videos of this car and haven't heard one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, it utilizes a BOV. It is pretty noticable in person.

The biggest difference with our kit compared to HPF's is the fact that we can take our car to the state DMV, run it through our yearly inspection and pass without a hitch. This just isn't possible with their current system. Don't get me wrong, HPF does have a nice system. The switchable maps enable them to have pretty awesome numbers with little to no hardware changes. Their hardware looks great, and we have driven and serviced numerous cars with their kits, we just chose to go a different route with our kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And you will have no way of doing switchable maps?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait for this to drop! Keep up the great workClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

And you will have no way of doing switchable maps?
    We don't have any flashloader at the moment. It is an option we will look into down the road. The current fuel system is designed for it's current hp level. A race gas calibration would need larger injectors at a minimum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
    So what you're saying is that the factory computer will automatically tune itself for a turbo install?

Damn, I wish I would have spoken to you before!!!

I've just wasted hundreds, if not thousands, of hours in R&D to do what nobody else has done. And all along the computer would just work with the factory stock programming. Man, where have you been all this time? Can I call you and pick your brain a bit......you obviously know way more about this stuff than anybody else.

Click here to enlarge

Lol, I'm not knocking the fact that you tuned the factory computer; that's awesome. I'm just saying the price sucks for the performance. Yeah, I know HPF costs more, but guess what: they're over priced too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol, I'm not knocking the fact that you tuned the factory computer; that's awesome. I'm just saying the price sucks for the performance. Yeah, I know HPF costs more, but guess what: they're over priced too.
    If all of these kits were as overpriced as you say they are, someone else would just swoop in and sell them for 6k like you say is a fair price. So far I don't see people lining up around the corner offering such a kit.

If the market deems we are out of line with the price, we have ways to combat that issue.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast