Close

View Poll Results: Does the public want a Vargas single turbo upgrade or twin turbo upgrade?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vargas TT upgrade with Garrett GTX2863R

64 82.05%
  • Vargas ST upgrade with BW EFR 8374

14 17.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Vargas ST upgrade or TT upgrade? You choose

Creating this for Vargas as their seems to be some question on what customers want, a TT upgrade or another ST option with a twin scroll turbo.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This was fast lol. I hope I didn't start anything to prolong the R&D process.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Twin scroll BW is my first choice but twin GTXs are also right up there...i'll take both LOL

Can't complain about RBs either, still a truly great performer in the power/tq/price department for most mortals
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 09-25-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will tell you guys that I've talked to hpf and their single kit will be a twin scroll kit. Not a BW EFR though. Precision turbo if I remember correctly. There is a ST twin scroll option coming soon.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Interesting. Im going to stick with the twins. But a Twin Scroll EFR would be way easier to fab up, and plumb. A lot less stuff to deal with. Thanks for the poll. Unless I run into some serious issue its going to be twins and honestly. I have 2 335i's in my bays right now with the subframes out, one with turbos out. Looks like we have enough room to make this happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. Im going to stick with the twins. But a Twin Scroll EFR would be way easier to fab up, and plumb. A lot less stuff to deal with. Thanks for the poll. Unless I run into some serious issue its going to be twins and honestly. I have 2 335i's in my bays right now with the subframes out, one with turbos out. Looks like we have enough room to make this happen.
    Go with what you were already planning to do. The more options the better.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The poll is speaking the truth.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Either of those choices are BIG lol. I think the EFR 7670 is a better choice. That would definitely spool faster than either the twin GTX28's and obviously faster than the 8374.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So is the assumption that Shiv is going to be happy to provide the software solution to anybody who wants it? If that's the case, lots of people would probably be happy to do the hardware. But I haven't heard of anybody else working on the software. I'm hoping Cobb will eventually, since it may just be one bit to handle the O2 sensor issue. Then it's just a matter of the wastegate. But until then...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Twin EFRs!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Repeat after me:

NOBODY gives a flying $#@! how complicated the plumbing will be. People need to be able to tune this thing properly!

And a final word of advice: please provide detailed compressor maps for each turbo that you will be using. That way third party vendors (COBB) can do proper tuning and not guess all the time as it is currently in the case of RBs...
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Eric Hsu has signed onto Cobb as well...as a former employee of Cosworth and fine tuning the XS Engineering Skyline around a road course to take quite a few victories and a dyno or three, I think Cobb should be able to hit this thing dead on and get it tuned Click here to enlarge. Stack a JB for gauge hijacking/meth control/etc and you and a pretty serious car on your hand Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I care about the plumbing...when you work on these cars for a living, you like to see things get easier, not harder lol.

All bundled up in a neat and orderly package shows dedication and attention to detail and hours upon hours of R&D to make sure it fits like a glove......something VTT will no take shortcuts on Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Repeat after me:

NOBODY gives a flying $#@! how complicated the plumbing will be. People need to be able to tune this thing properly!

And a final word of advice: please provide detailed compressor maps for each turbo that you will be using. That way third party vendors (COBB) can do proper tuning and not guess all the time as it is currently in the case of RBs...
    "Final word of advice" is a pretty serious statement for GTX28xxR compressor maps that are readily available on MANY places on the internet as are MHI 15T compressor maps which RB's and our stage 2's are. Not sure who you are referring to. But I sure as hell give plenty of flying $#@!s how complicated the plumbing will be since I am going to be building it. Everything is being addressed to make sure it can and will be tuned. Such as all 4 factory O2 sensors, factory vacuum actuated wastegates, the list goes on. It has to built before it can tuned. Thanks for the comment, it really is rather pointless though. Kinda curious as to what sort of knowledge and experience you are bringing to the table to hijack a thread and start giving people final words of advice on something that a 10 year old could look up on the internet. Cheers
    Can I get a link to whatever the $#@! I missed?
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    And a final word of advice
    Why are you giving anyone building turbos advice let alone a fabricator attempting to do something nobody else has pulled off?

I'm sure he has a direct line to the tuners, relax and let him do his job. You can pretend to be an expert later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think he was drunk... lol. That was some pretty bad advice, especially for a final word of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why are you giving anyone building turbos advice let alone a fabricator attempting to do something nobody else has pulled off?

I'm sure he has a direct line to the tuners, relax and let him do his job. You can pretend to be an expert later.
    Zing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Eric Hsu has signed onto Cobb as well...as a former employee of Cosworth and fine tuning the XS Engineering Skyline around a road course to take quite a few victories and a dyno or three, I think Cobb should be able to hit this thing dead on and get it tuned Click here to enlarge. Stack a JB for gauge hijacking/meth control/etc and you and a pretty serious car on your hand Click here to enlarge
    THIS is what we gotta do! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Took all of 2 seconds:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zasquatch Click here to enlarge
    Took all of 2 seconds:
    2 seconds? I got tired just reading this, way too much work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Two is always better than one. Twins for sure!

Click here to enlarge Spoiler:  
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Edited Nafoo, I'll add a new tag for [nws] [/nws] in addition to the current [spoiler] [/spoiler]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Sticky, I was trying to search for the older posts where you showed me how to do it, lol.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Sticky, I was trying to search for the older posts where you showed me how to do it, lol.
      Click here to enlarge NWS:  
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast