Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Firefighter shooting, 2 killed 2 wounded

Guy started a house fire, got fireman to respond and then shot them.. ITS THE PEOPLE!!!!!

ALL THE GUNS FAULT! (sarcasm)

The guy was a ex felon. Got illegal guns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BAN MATCHES, LIGHTERS AND GASOLINE NOW!!!! they were obtained legally i presume

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They could have been obtained legally at a gun show. Someone buys a used gun from a private collection. No background check, holding period or identification and you can get an assault weapon such as an AK. How many more people need to die by mass shooters before people wake up.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    They could have been obtained legally at a gun show. Someone buys a used gun from a private collection. No background check, holding period or identification and you can get an assault weapon such as an AK. How many more people need to die by mass shooters before people wake up.
    So what was your suggestion again? Ban all guns then have government employees go door to door collecting all guns?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are still illegal to own. If he was found possessing the guns he would be taken to jail. He is a felon which makes it illegal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This story is facking SICKENING. Well established "heroes" of the community think they're going to save a family and their possessions before the holidays and they end up being setup and murdered. wtf is wrong with people. And people say firefighters/police officers make too much money in certain areas of the country. They risk their lives every day, to me there is no amount they could be paid to protect us on a daily basis.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    They are still illegal to own. If he was found possessing the guns he would be taken to jail. He is a felon which makes it illegal.
    Watched a special on TV last night and the sale was from a private gun collection which supposedly made it legal. The individual selling made a point of saying it was legal but if it was a commercial operation selling that the chcks would have to be done. The point is that when someone can legally purchase these weapons who would not otherwise pass a criminal check, it needs to be addressed.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    This story is facking SICKENING. Well established "heroes" of the community think they're going to save a family and their possessions before the holidays and they end up being setup and murdered. wtf is wrong with people. And people say firefighters/police officers make too much money in certain areas of the country. They risk their lives every day, to me there is no amount they could be paid to protect us on a daily basis.
    If they actually protected us, I agree.

police officers generally never do more then paperwork and "ticket" for piddly crap.

Watched a special on TV last night and the sale was from a private gun collection which supposedly made it legal. The individual selling made a point of saying it was legal but if it was a commercial operation selling that the chcks would have to be done. The point is that when someone can legally purchase these weapons who would not otherwise pass a criminal check, it needs to be addressed.
    What kind of guns where they? honestly I haven't watched much about it considering its christmas and I really couldn't care less, these recents acts of violence is society showing how great it is.

was your tv special on CNN or MSNBC by any chance?

Edit: looks like it was (lol as reports .233 caliber) its actually a .223 bushmaster (which is the most garbage ar15 you can buy).
    No "private" collector would have these, they're the cheapest ar15 you can buy.

He also burned his sister in one the houses.
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 12-25-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HERE IS THE ACTUAL FACTS ABOUT THE GUY LEGALLY OR ILLEGALLY
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...fighters-felon

"Felons, like Spengler, are already barred by law from owning guns according to federal law." so obviously more gun control would have prevented this..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HERE IS THE ACTUAL FACTS ABOUT THE GUY LEGALLY OR ILLEGALLY
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...fighters-felon

"Felons, like Spengler, are already barred by law from owning guns according to federal law." so obviously more gun control would have prevented this..
    Yeah cause less gun control or doing nothing would have stopped this......oh wait it didn't. How about some more great ideas, in addition to having armed guards in every single school, college campus, nurseries, and daycare centers, let's have firefighters carry guns as standard issue equipment, you know, so when they drive into pretty much snipers nest like this one, they can defend themselves.

How about for every story that you make a thread about how gun control wont keep guns from criminals and only keep them away from good people. I post those same "good people" being complete idiots and killing other people, because THAT DOES HAPPEN AS WELL.

Here you go, I'll let you have a chance here:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Mothe...184255171.html
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    While you're at it, comment on this fine individual too:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2242154.html
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Yeah cause less gun control or doing nothing would have stopped this......oh wait it didn't. How about some more great ideas, in addition to having armed guards in every single school, college campus, nurseries, and daycare centers, let's have firefighters carry guns as standard issue equipment, you know, so when they drive into pretty much snipers nest like this one, they can defend themselves.

How about for every story that you make a thread about how gun control wont keep guns from criminals and only keep them away from good people. I post those same "good people" being complete idiots and killing other people, because THAT DOES HAPPEN AS WELL.

Here you go, I'll let you have a chance here:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Mothe...184255171.html

Actually, gun control in NY is the strongest in the country, so your sarcasm is actually reality.

lets look at your link, the victim obviously did something to make "two other vehicles,"
    "“They started shooting back and forth and the bullet went through the windshield, hit her and went out the back windshield,” said Matthew Soto, the victim’s brother-in-law."

Sounds like a gun fight, it doesnt say who shot first, and the story isn't telling much. My question is what the hell happened to make the guy so mad he followed them home, and the husband quickly ran inside to grab a gun, obviously they knew something was seriously wrong.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    While you're at it, comment on this fine individual too:

That guys an idiot that shouldn't be allowed to own a .22 rifle. Or a car. or anything that could possibly need common sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guy killed his grandmother with a hammer. Why he was ever released from prison in the first place is anyone's guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We need to do something about the loonies getting the guns unchecked...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So very sad. These people might not get it so bad here, but their aftelife will be hell. I sure hope at least.....
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    =( here is the Audio to this call....

It's crazy to think that people want to hurt us firefighters wen all we want to do is help them.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    =( here is the Audio to this call....

http://youtu.be/b7VXwnyAvp8

It's crazy to think that people want to hurt us firefighters wen all we want to do is help them.
    Its crazy to think people want to hurt any living thing. Ever. Even for food reason. (I eat meat and am no way a vegan etc) but I still find it tough knowing a animal was killed (humanly as possible).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its crazy to think people want to hurt any living thing. Ever. Even for food reason. (I eat meat and am no way a vegan etc) but I still find it tough knowing a animal was killed (humanly as possible).
    I totally agree, but my job is to go out and save someone's son or daughter that is trapped in a car after a car accident, or risk my life going into a full involved house fire to rescue someones grandmother(which I have done). I risk my life on a day to day basis as it is, but I went through the academy and I was trained to do this, I was not trained to be shot at, I'm not a cop. I'm a firefighter and in 3 weeks I will have finished my EMT course. I live for knowing that I might have just saved someone's house that has been in their family for generations, or their pet dog, even just being able to grab a family photo while im in their doing a search and rescue and the house is burning quick, the littlest things can make a person happy, and helping others is what does it for me. I don't understand why there are people who are trying to hurt us. And i'm not being bias towards any other shootings because it pains me to hear about them too, but firefighters have a brotherhood, you can wear your patch proud anywhere in the country and another firehouse will welcome you in with open arms. There have been 83 Line of Duty Deaths this year, so far, and their were 83 last year also, but none last year were reported because of a shooting, it's not the guns, it's the people.
    When hurricane Katrina hit, most people didn't have flood of hurricane insurance, so you know what those scumbags did, they set their houses on fire and then shot at the fire and police personnel. Guns aren't the problem, it's the $#@!s using them.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    I totally agree, but my job is to go out and save someone's son or daughter that is trapped in a car after a car accident, or risk my life going into a full involved house fire to rescue someones grandmother(which I have done). I risk my life on a day to day basis as it is, but I went through the academy and I was trained to do this, I was not trained to be shot at, I'm not a cop. I'm a firefighter and in 3 weeks I will have finished my EMT course. I live for knowing that I might have just saved someone's house that has been in their family for generations, or their pet dog, even just being able to grab a family photo while im in their doing a search and rescue and the house is burning quick, the littlest things can make a person happy, and helping others is what does it for me. I don't understand why there are people who are trying to hurt us. And i'm not being bias towards any other shootings because it pains me to hear about them too, but firefighters have a brotherhood, you can wear your patch proud anywhere in the country and another firehouse will welcome you in with open arms. There have been 83 Line of Duty Deaths this year, so far, and their were 83 last year also, but none last year were reported because of a shooting, it's not the guns, it's the people.
    When hurricane Katrina hit, most people didn't have flood of hurricane insurance, so you know what those scumbags did, they set their houses on fire and then shot at the fire and police personnel. Guns aren't the problem, it's the $#@!s using them.
    110% agree

You guys (firefighters) are not prepared OR PROTECTED to be attacked. I dont think saying people are trying to hurt you, Obviously in 500million people not many FF's being attacked. But still why they would attack someone in the first place is beyond me.

Stay safe!