Recent Dyno and Logs

Setup:
    2007 335i sedan 6AT 97K miles
    vrsf dps
    aa sport intercooler
    afe dci
    cobb ap - Stage 2+Fmic Agg 402 ST
    5gals e85 + 11gals 93 w/10%
    I started with the aggressive map and ran stage 0 for the last two runs. I was under the assumption that the use of e85 would not negatively affect the other maps, but looking at the dyno it seems that my stage 2 wasn't as high as I've seen on other dyno post. It may be something else like a mechanical issue or just the fact that I have some miles on the car. If you all could look at my dyno and logs and provide input it would be greatly appreciated. Logs 4 and 5 are 3rd gear street pulls I did last week. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    looks like a low dyno reading your base line show around 260hp and your mods show 330hp which is a gain of around 70hp so it looks fine to me.. Maybe try a different dyno? Have you ever had your intake valves cleaned?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I didnt know they had Dynos in hell, your intake temps are high as hell man!

One of the major advantages of running ethanol is that it keeps the cylinder cooler vs running regualr pump gas. Because of this, you can typically reduce the intake air temp compensation tables which will reduce your targeted timing because if high intake air temperatures. In order to really take advantage of this, you need to either A. Get protuned, B. Run the OTS Cobb E30 race maps, C. Hang out, read and learn how to make the changes yourself in Cobbs ATR program.

Pretty darn good numbers considering the circumstances!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In datalog5, you don't actually go to WOT on the pedal until 4k rpm and you're only at 90% pedal for most of datalog4... any particular reason? Also, are you changing the fuel scalar for the ethanol content you're running? You should really log LTFTs and STFTs when playing with e85. Otherwise... those look like good deltas.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I appreciate the advice and I'm looking at getting a protune. I really wanted to get a before and after but I guess I should have done that before dumping the e85 mix in there. Next dyno will be either straight 93 with the ots map or e85 mix with ots e30 map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The dyno is in sae....so it's much more realistic than the std numbers the n54 world is used to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chancejat Click here to enlarge
    The dyno is in sae....so it's much more realistic than the std numbers the n54 world is used to.
    True but still seems to be a bit low doesn't it?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still seems low. I put down 330hp with a 257 baseline on Cobb stage 1 way back in the day with no dp. Just like josh said he wasn't WOT at the beginning of the pull so he complete missed his peak tq window. You can see on the dyno where the tq curve the tq curve flattens at 4k then ramps up some more. Not sure if it was the TPS that caused this but it's not a very good looking tq curve and not a typical stage 2 delta. Afr was really high at 4k I wonder if this is a potential cause.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I didnt know they had Dynos in hell, your intake temps are high as hell man!
    What kind of junk comment is this?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    One of the major advantages of running ethanol is that it keeps the cylinder cooler vs running regualr pump gas. Because of this, you can typically reduce the intake air temp compensation tables which will reduce your targeted timing because if high intake air temperatures.
    E30 releases only 4% less thermal energy than 93. So what the hell are you talking about? Go research some facts before you fill up at the pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    What kind of junk comment is this?

E30 releases only 4% less thermal energy than 93. So what the hell are you talking about? Go research some facts before you fill up at the pump.
    ...What are you talking about...? 4% less thermal energy per what? Air mass, fuel mass, etc? Ethanol fuels produce more power per air mass never mind the additional timing and detonation resistance they provide.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    ...What are you talking about...? 4% less thermal energy per what? Air mass, fuel mass, etc? Ethanol fuels produce more power per air mass never mind the additional timing and detonation resistance they provide.
    BTU per mile = ethanol content BTU/gallon divided
    by miles/ gallon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think one of the logs has an IAT of 140F which is not desirable especially if you are looking for glory runs or high dyno runs, but the others just look like a hot day and can only be brought down with the use of meth.
    E92 AT. COBB S2+ , FBOs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What can I say other than it's hot in SC, and just driving around my temps are ~120F. I have another dyno setup up for tomorrow and I have the e30 map installed. Hopefully it won't be as bad but if the heat is the only cause for my numbers than I'm happy. I just wanted to make sure that theirs no mechanical issue or leakage before I get a protune. Thank you for the information and I'll post results tomorrow.