Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yep the higher gear wll always help on a Interia based system.

I haven't seen over 345whp with a stock M3 on the dynapack though. However we don't $#@! with settings, some do Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yep the higher gear wll always help on a Interia based system.

I haven't seen over 345whp with a stock M3 on the dynapack though. However we don't $#@! with settings, some do Click here to enlarge
    Bren how Dynapack reads compared to DJ? I saw a strange number from one of these dynapacks and made me wonder if it was that particular dyno or they generally read high compared to what we see from DJ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no, they did, i just looked at the files
    Yeah Steve confirmed they always use 5th gear for DCTs and 4th for 6MTs. And it's fairly evident from the files as the terminal dyno speed was in excess of 140 mph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The thing that still doesn't reconcile is that EAS had their dyno day the very next day in which a bunch of e9X M3's showed up to dyno. For the non-supercharged M3's, there were some with mods and others stock. My car dyno'd higher than some of the modded M3's...and quite a bit higher than the stock ones. Heck there was a stock M3 with numbers between 31X and 32X from what I recall. So even if their dyno reads higher than normal, there may be something with that 240e software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's mote likely they are screwing with the weather station. I can't see how sae and uncorrected are exactly the same when its 93* and high humidity, plus they are throwing different gearing into it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's mote likely they are screwing with the weather station. I can't see how sae and uncorrected are exactly the same when its 93* and high humidity, plus they are throwing different gearing into it..
    I actually asked them to show me the weather station and it's all locked up in a metal box that looks like on old tower PC. It's also located in a nice shady place closer to the garage door and is even cooler near the weather station than deep in the garage where the dyno station resides. I can't see how they messed with it as the temps were very representative of that day...about 90 deg when I arrived and by the end of my dyno runs it was 98. And you can see humidity dropped to 18% when it was 98. Again, completely right for the day.

The next day at EAS some stock M3 does three runs of 31X and 32X. Can you imagine?? That's nearly a 50 RWHP delta to my car in virtually identical conditions. Poor guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Bren how Dynapack reads compared to DJ? I saw a strange number from one of these dynapacks and made me wonder if it was that particular dyno or they generally read high compared to what we see from DJ?
    If not $#@!ed with reads on par with dynojets.

335s at 275. M3s at 330

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You won't see a 40 whp variance between stock m3's

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    I actually asked them to show me the weather station and it's all locked up in a metal box that looks like on old tower PC. It's also located in a nice shady place closer to the garage door and is even cooler near the weather station than deep in the garage where the dyno station resides. I can't see how they messed with it as the temps were very representative of that day...about 90 deg when I arrived and by the end of my dyno runs it was 98. And you can see humidity dropped to 18% when it was 98. Again, completely right for the day.

The next day at EAS some stock M3 does three runs of 31X and 32X. Can you imagine?? That's nearly a 50 RWHP delta to my car in virtually identical conditions. Poor guy.

thats what i mean.. 50hp from a OEM tune...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats what i mean.. 50hp from a OEM tune...?
    Yeah but if they are going to purposefully inflate, their incentive is not to do it on the baseline, but do it after the mod they sold you is on the car. Think about it...if they inflate my baseline and then I buy an exhaust or something and someone other than Steve dyno's my car and forgets to inflate then the new dyno run show no gain of HP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah but if they are going to purposefully inflate, their incentive is not to do it on the baseline, but do it after the mod they sold you is on the car. Think about it...if they inflate my baseline and then I buy an exhaust or something and someone other than Steve dyno's my car and forgets to inflate then the new dyno run show no gain of HP.
    oh i know.

its just extremely odd. It could be a case of they want to promote the NEWEST OEM tune as outstanding and offer reflashes for that now.. its a good money maker i bet.

Its just very very odd, id like to look at the low stock and N/A modded cars drf files too though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of all the cars I've ever tried studying data of, it's the E9X M3 that just varies so wildly...it's absolutely crazy. I hear many different reasons from many valuable sources.

One thing that I will throwout there. A few months ago, the dealer finally swapped my spark plugs after 30,000+ miles. To say the least, there was a big difference in performance. @BrenM3 also mentioned how sensitive our motors are to aging spark plugs. So you can see how a properly maintained car, or newer for that matter like, @longboarder 's, can be one of many variables.

Seeing how wide the spectrum is on stock dynos, imagine the greater variability when people start supercharging their cars...just sayin... Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really don't think the variance between stock cars is all that large. BMW production tolerances are pretty good. 50 whp between stock cars? Don't think so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh i know.

its just extremely odd. It could be a case of they want to promote the NEWEST OEM tune as outstanding and offer reflashes for that now.. its a good money maker i bet.

Its just very very odd, id like to look at the low stock and N/A modded cars drf files too though
    I agree that could have been a motivation except in this case, Tom at EAS didn't confirm my software until after the dyno runs as we were all a bit taken back by the results. Not all the 2013's have come with 240e. Benvo has confirmed 231e on all the 2013's he had worked on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree that could have been a motivation except in this case, Tom at EAS didn't confirm my software until after the dyno runs as we were all a bit taken back by the results. Not all the 2013's have come with 240e. Benvo has confirmed 231e on all the 2013's he had worked on.
    yea, im not trying to throw accusations around, but the variance is too large to not question

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Of all the cars I've ever tried studying data of, it's the E9X M3 that just varies so wildly...it's absolutely crazy. I hear many different reasons from many valuable sources.

One thing that I will throwout there. A few months ago, the dealer finally swapped my spark plugs after 30,000+ miles. To say the least, there was a big difference in performance. @BrenM3 also mentioned how sensitive our motors are to aging spark plugs. So you can see how a properly maintained car, or newer for that matter like, @longboarder 's, can be one of many variables.

Seeing how wide the spectrum is on stock dynos, imagine the greater variability when people start supercharging their cars...just sayin... Click here to enlarge

I totally agree with the spark plugs i know back when i was NA i felt a huge difference after i changed them around 27000 miles. The thing i don't get is 50 hp delta is huge between stock M's if the software is different that could explain a little.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, im not trying to throw accusations around, but the variance is too large to not question
    So I hooked up my VBox in hopes I could do some testing to see if my car is a ringer or not. The unfortunate part is that while the rest of the country is cooling down, we are in a freik'n heat wave. Even at the coast tomorrow the high is forecasted at 99 degrees. On my way home from work. I went to my usual spot and did two 0-60 pulls. I used your "mini" LC method by putting my foot through the floor-board. In my first attempt I bounced off the limiter in first gear and logged a very unimpressive 4.9 seconds. But the second time I short shifted a little but logged 4.2 seconds! This is on a city road with debris on it with tires that aren't even broken in with warm temps (~ 80 deg).

Hell with my 335 once my LSD and PSS were installed I reduced my 0-60s from low 4's to mid 3's with just a couple days of practice.

So with practice, a better road surface, broken-in tires and cooler temps, I'm pretty sure I can hit 3.7-3.9 seconds on this thing.

While a 1/4 mile trap or 60-130 or even 0-100 is a much better measure, we don't have a drag strip anymore in SoCal and I'm not risking going to jail or having my car impounded.

I have one other spot I can try 0-100's on but I don't know what that would tell me anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I hooked up my VBox in hopes I could do some testing to see if my car is a ringer or not. The unfortunate part is that while the rest of the country is cooling down, we are in a freik'n heat wave. Even at the coast tomorrow the high is forecasted at 99 degrees. On my way home from work. I went to my usual spot and did two 0-60 pulls. I used your "mini" LC method by putting my foot through the floor-board. In my first attempt I bounced off the limiter in first gear and logged a very unimpressive 4.9 seconds. But the second time I short shifted a little but logged 4.2 seconds! This is on a city road with debris on it with tires that aren't even broken in with warm temps (~ 80 deg).

Hell with my 335 once my LSD and PSS were installed I reduced my 0-60s from low 4's to mid 3's with just a couple days of practice.

So with practice, a better road surface, broken-in tires and cooler temps, I'm pretty sure I can hit 3.7-3.9 seconds on this thing.

While a 1/4 mile trap or 60-130 or even 0-100 is a much better measure, we don't have a drag strip anymore in SoCal and I'm not risking going to jail or having my car impounded.

I have one other spot I can try 0-100's on but I don't know what that would tell me anyway.
    going for 0-60's on the street is an excersie in futility, i think.

ive never tried the mini LC method on the street, just the track. Ive been told by that 600 car that it wont work on the street.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Sticky. I had a feeling you were going to do that. Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ ^ good info. As I stated previously, my only point of dyno'ing is to get a baseline for my mods that are sitting waiting for me to hit 1,000 miles. Crossed 700 today. And so I'm going back to the same dyno each time. This is the closest dyno to me and EAS probably dyno's as many M3's as any other shop in the nation. Was EAS messing with baro or the weather station or any other factor or dynoing my M3 any different than the hundreds of M3's that preceeded me? Of course not. Will my car make 365 on another dyno? Who knows. But we will never find out because I have no interest. I only care about the delta when my mods are installed. And I want to keep these variables to a minimum. Thx.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let's see what you put down with the ESS SC.

Yes, definitely, the delta is the most important.

It would be nice to get more results from other dynojets so we could figure out these EAS dyno inconsistencies though. I'm pretty familiar with most in the area so I am kind of curious for myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ ^ good info. As I stated previously, my only point of dyno'ing is to get a baseline for my mods that are sitting waiting for me to hit 1,000 miles. Crossed 700 today. And so I'm going back to the same dyno each time. This is the closest dyno to me and EAS probably dyno's as many M3's as any other shop in the nation. Was EAS messing with baro or the weather station or any other factor or dynoing my M3 any different than the hundreds of M3's that preceeded me? Of course not. Will my car make 365 on another dyno? Who knows. But we will never find out because I have no interest. I only care about the delta when my mods are installed. And I want to keep these variables to a minimum. Thx.
    you get that blower on and dyno'd yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you get that blower on and dyno'd yet?
    Good question... would like to see his results as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Good question... would like to see his results as well.
    I dropped the car off last Tuesday for the install and it's still in process. Should be done by early next week and then I will put around 200 miles for break-in before I take it back to EAS to dyno. After the dyno, it goes right back to the shop for my MRF x-pipe and the Akra slip. After the exhaust install, I will dyno again. After I dyno with the supercharger and exhaust, I'm gonna put some 100 octane to blend around 95/96 octane and then dyno once again. This is probably how I will run it at Shift-S3ctor (blower, exhaust, 95/96 octane). Hoping for 550-560 RWHP in this configuration. Unfortunately I probably don't have time to get the meth kit installed and tested before the event....so that will come later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast