Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sick video! Glad to see that both of you each having a different brand kit can have friendly, useful competition. LM, you have seem to done wonders with that 535 kit...very nice.

Being pretty new to the bmw tuning community (not to BMWs no), all this bashing is pretty sad to read. Everyone who has a supercharged M3 has quite a bit in common; a love of M3s and making them faster than 99.99% cars out there! Friendly competition is one thing but I really didn't expect to see immature bashing in a BMW community of all places.

I bought my car preowned about a month ago with just a few thousand miles on the supercharger and I looked at ESS cars at the same price. I was honestly not too picky between the two; they each seem to have their own positives and problems as well. I'm still learning more about superchargers as this is my first aftermarket FI. My other FI cars (335xi & Continental GT) were stock turbos and just chipped to bump up the PSI a bit. Once I get a little more used to all this RWD HP (had a fairly stock 08 M3 a year ago) I will gladly use my car for friendly competition/comparison. I live in North NJ. We should all be picking on the AMG & S/RS guys anyway!
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The 535 vs 600 result was as expected, because LostMarine is running meth and an upgraded pulley.
    ^(if I understand correctly.)

The diff between the two kit is 2psi max and cooling and he acknowledged something for both areas.

I like to see a ESS650 race a AA kit. I think that would be a drivers race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    All the hates are on the West Coast cause there's no 93 out there Click here to enlarge
    Just race gas, meth, and fatter wallets.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just race gas, meth, and fatter wallets.
    your forgetting fragile Ego's

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cali = Earthquakes, Brush Fires and Mud Slides you can keep all that $#@! LOL.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I thought we were passed this kiddy $#@!. Obviously ive conversations with owners of every kit around here, every kit has representation mind you, and despite minor differences of opinion on small details we get along and have a good time.

It seems a kit of the BS is coming from kids in Cali. I don't see why. You can't standardize road results like this; " oh, well if he had x, y, or z wheels or x pipe or blah blah blah"

It was a couple of guys having fun with their cars. We all have different preference for wheels, be it for looks or perfomance.Exhaust for sound, performance ect.

It is what it is and what happened happened.
    Cali kids need to let the $#@! go.

If it had been me and erm and his 625 kit, noone would say $#@! other than erms car is fast... Double standard?
    Lm, props to you that is the best answer to this thread on all the different boards i have seen it on so far. We are all car guys, and i think we should all appreciate others for what they have done TO their cars and not what name is on the product. At the end of the day, if you drive an M, a civic, the fastest or the slowest car, you still drive that car home.....unless you parked it in memphis and someone borrowed it....Click here to enlarge I love everyones car, and i like to run my car against everyone, even cars that will completely thrash me, just so i can have the fun and experience of seeing how mine stacks up against something different. I have an active kit, and my cousin has a ess, we just enjoy our cars, though my nighbour with his ford gt makes me mis shift all the time....always just in bliss listening to his engine and exhaust note!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge
    Being pretty new to the bmw tuning community (not to BMWs no), all this bashing is pretty sad to read
    Where is the bashing? This is a calm thread with everyone respecting all the setups and enjoying the comparison...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    your forgetting fragile Ego's
    That comes with M3 territory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I keep looking over this graph and the more I do the more amazed I am the HKS blower is giving that large of an advantage in the middle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where is the bashing? This is a calm thread with everyone respecting all the setups and enjoying the comparison...

where all the parties involved cant speak.. of course. DLJS is at it again promoting PG's failed attempts to manipulate data.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DLJS is at it again
    Guy lost all respect. He's turned into one of the sheep.

The video speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok I see what you guys mean. There is a lot of hate going at Active Autowerke in that other place.

Why? Why is anything that is not ESS looked down and spit upon? There is such an absurd bias it is sickening. I don't know if I could handle being a vendor there.

It's the same damn people all the time. Nothing changes because it's all the same mentality of "Thanks bro ESS is awesome great setup bro" followed by a thousand smileys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I keep looking over this graph and the more I do the more amazed I am the HKS blower is giving that large of an advantage in the middle.
    Agreed. One reason why I have always been a fan of Active Autowerke's kit is simply because of their choice in blower. I have driven their E46 M3 application, along with the respective ESS and VFE. My first had experience with the S54B32 and Rotrex and HKS blower was that throttle response was much better and power was more instantaneous. I actually experienced the same thing when I was involved in the Z33 Z/G35 crowd when Vortech and HKS had their own kits. Not sure how relevant that is considering that we're talking about the E9X M3 and S65B40.

I will admit that I have not driven a boosted E9X M3 yet...so my first hand experience is rather limited. Hence why I do the best I can with just analyzing data.

I think that there would be much less bashing and speculation if AA or any of their clients were willing to provide their own DRF data, post more performance times, or show up to more events. Unfortunately, I think a lot of the bad rep came about when SonicMS dyno'd their car during a dyno day and only put down 465whp on the same dyno that ESS VT1 and VT2 kits used with significantly greater results....

Needless to say, there is a big reason why I am so excited to see the production of the Evolve Supercharger kit. The Rotrex blower they chose flows incredibly well, they are considered one of the top tuners, and they will provide endless data to back up their claims!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I think that there would be much less bashing and speculation if AA or any of their clients were willing to provide their own DRF data, post more performance times, or show up to more events. Unfortunately, I think a lot of the bad rep came about when SonicMS dyno'd their car during a dyno day and only put down 465whp on the same dyno that ESS VT1 and VT2 kits used with significantly greater results....
    This just goes to show everything is not peak HP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats why im doing a custom Whipple next Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whipple + Cut out Exhaust = One loud, mean, screamin' $#@!
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You wish you were.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine what is the song in the video in the OP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    These boosted M3s are no joke. Got to love it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I meant bashing in general...not just on this thread. You are correct, more so on that "other place". I just found out about this forum when I got this car and have just been reading the other place's stuff since my first BMW in 07. The negative comments for the most part seem to be one way as you mentioned but like anything else it is specific people; not the general population. Usually these people are the one's who are most insecure. I have respect and appreciation for all the kits. If I ended up buying one of the cars with an ESS kit I am sure I would be just as happy! I can understand someone speaking negatively about a competitor if they had owned one of the kits and switched over, but this is just blind negativity . I'm looking forward to being more active in the community so we all have another AA car that we can use to compare...friendly of course!
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I meant bashing in general...not just on this thread. You are correct, more so on that "other place". I just found out about this forum when I got this car and have just been reading the other place's stuff since my first BMW in 07. The negative comments for the most part seem to be one way as you mentioned but like anything else it is specific people; not the general population. Usually these people are the one's who are most insecure. I have respect and appreciation for all the kits. If I ended up buying one of the cars with an ESS kit I am sure I would be just as happy! I can understand someone speaking negatively about a competitor if they had owned one of the kits and switched over, but this is just blind negativity . I'm looking forward to being more active in the community so we all have another AA car that we can use to compare...friendly of course!
    Level headed.

Glad you are here, we need more M3 guys like yourself. They can keep that one "clique" that seems to have an agenda to themselves. Welcome.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You got lots of Jersey guys here if you ever want to play a bit... I'm a Somerset County native myself by the way. Not far from there nowadays as well

Good post by the way
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Sticky...glad to be here and very happy I came across this forum.

Sledgehammer, definitely seems to be a bunch of people in NJ which is great! I'll be eager to play once I get a little more used to the power in this car. I've had a 335xi (slight tune), NA E92 M3, Continental GT (had around 700hp crank but weighed soooo much and cost too much to fix lol) and a Carrera 4S in that order so getting used all of this RWD HP takes some time. This car has is definitely my favorite. I have used all my cars as a DD as the combo of sport and luxury in the M3 is perfect for me. I missed the previous M3 I had but needed something with a little more of a kick so this was perfect for me. What are the specs on your vette? My buddy had one of those Lingenfelter C5s...don't know the year or specs but was hands down the fastest car I have been in!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine what is the song in the video in the OP?

Laidback Luke ft. Chuckie & Martin Solveig- 1234 (Original Mix)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We know of a mfgr who already has the hardware done. Seriously.

ps. whats this I hear about you and Klevis talking?? Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast