Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 107
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, did he say that? copy and paste that $#@!!
    Nope, but it's obvious. Hes always been trying to set me up for a ban forever now.

    Yeah I am two-faced shiv, but I am adhering to forum guidelines and there is nothing you can do about it.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    978
    Rep Points
    1,406.3
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Nope, but it's obvious. Hes always been trying to set me up for a ban forever now.

    Yeah I am two-faced shiv, but I am adhering to forum guidelines and there is nothing you can do about it.
    I love how EVERY post referencing "what's the other forum?" got deleted. funny stuff.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I love how EVERY post referencing "what's the other forum?" got deleted. funny stuff.
    Lol yeah. I don't mention the "other site", shiv does. I can't believe he goes to such lengths to argue with us. It must really be bothering him.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,085
    Rep Points
    2,142.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It seems that this isnt as exciting as I thought it would be.




  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    It seems that this isnt as exciting as I thought it would be.
    lol, what did he show? same things shiv showed, some pictures and a dyno, a log that has no performance measurement attached to it.. Ive had my car blown for as long as he had his car back. ive hit the strip 3-4 times, did a dyno, went back for more upgrades, installed my own meth kit, made 4-5 video's,a few races, ect..

    All that even with my car being "down" for 2 weeks for a simple fix.. guess what, i enjoy my car everyday as well.. so whats the story? Why nothing that we actually care about? I know...

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    118
    Rep Points
    151.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    It seems that this isnt as exciting as I thought it would be.
    +1

    I did like the videos he took driving around though. But that obviously doesn't show anything about the performance of the kit. I would LOVE some 1/4 mile times. Even with all my doubt about this kit being as awesome as Shiv makes it sound, I'll be the first to say congratulations if we see some good results at the track. I know we seem cynical Shiv, just prove to us that this kit is worth it, that's all we ask. Click here to enlarge
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing


  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    52.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Come on guys, there's some good information in this review. He seemed very honest and thorough with the parts he got to, give him some credit. Not every person who posts something good about a Vishnu product is Shiv in disguise.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Come on guys, there's some good information in this review. He seemed very honest and thorough with the parts he got to, give him some credit. Not every person who posts something good about a Vishnu product is Shiv in disguise.
    The info provided isn't bad. I think what would shut a lot of people up is some hard numbers on what the kit can do in the hands of the user base. Show a race against a similarly modded car, vbox time or drag trap speeds. That's what I'd be interested in at least.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -229.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol at Ashwin. Doesn't he have a car to crash?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,936
    Rep Points
    2,858.8
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
    I'm sure other members who use our software understanding that the scaling is user definable. Click on the graph you want to re-scale and press the letter P if you want to establish different min/max values on the Y axis. You can put all the channels on one big graph if you want. Or you can, for the sake of clarity, dedicate one channel per graph. It's pretty powerful datalog tool once you take the time to learn how to use it.
    You know whats powerful, @Zasquatch 's datalog grapher, thats some powerful $#@!.

    In regards to the procede datalogging, i cannot comment much as i am obviously not a procede user. However every time i view one, it typically makes my eyes bleed, and i just had lasik done, so thats not cool at all. So i guess we can call this a stalemate? or Agree to disagree?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
    No sir, it's not targeting load. If it did, it would mean that boost setpoint is increased as IATs goes above a certain range. And this is certainly not the case. In fact, boost is reduced when IAT increases The boost reduction at low IAT is to maintain the same operational headroom as far as the fuel system goes. These concessions are understandable when making these power levels..
    You basically are targeting load, but with safety parameters built in - the same way the DME/Cobb does. What sucks about your specific setup is you are reducing boost when intake air temps are cooler to prevent running out of fuel. Cold weather brings no joy to a Shiv single turbo owner i take it?

    Factory compensation tables of the DME will allow a reduction or increase in load targeting and timing based on Charge air temps, coolant temps, or oil temps. So how exactly is what the procede does not comparable to the load tuning of the DME again?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
    [regarding the use of 4 meth nozzles again]
    I'm not sure what you are arguing. That we are injected too much meth? 1300cc/min of meth in a car that makes over 700bhp is quite reasonable by any standard. In fact, that is a lower airflow/meth flow ratio that many max effort stock turbo cars.
    Hope that helps clarify some points...
    Shiv
    I think most people outside of the N54 world would agree that meth/h20 injection should be limited to reduction of intake air temperatures, and typically not needed when running a larger, more efficient, turbo. The N54 community has twisted this use first as a band aid for fueling, and now to the point of where we augment our fueling by essentially injecting race gas in the charge pipes. Most outside of the N54 world would agree that this is not the proper way to do things, its unnecassarily risky. I would rather inject my octane increasing fuel properly and evenly, through the fuel injectors...

    In closing, im glad to see that you are adopting soo many safety factors the OEM DME affords us, within a few years you may finally get rid of your atari tuning solution and actually stick to flashing things as-is proper.

    Also, do you have an explanation of why your trap speeds are so low yet? I think we can all agree the performance falls well short of similarly weighted 650whp cars...

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Still new to the site, but I thought you guys might want to know. FBIS's released Single Review. Feel free to discuss here.
    Look, don't link to e90post. Copy and paste the text to read here.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Danny///M Click here to enlarge
    cars info is here, car runs 10s and 60-130 time is 6.5.. kit looks promising, I was going to hpf my m3 come next spring but maybe I might sell the M throw a lsd on a 335i single it and call it a day, I wonder what a built block bigger injectors / fuel setup can do

    info here: http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54...-16/index.html
    We are all aware of what Shiv ran in the 1/4 mile. There is a 20+ thread on the topic.

    We are waiting to see what actual customers do.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    I wish this guy would ded himself already.
    He stopped visiting because his ip's are blocked and my attorney was ready to have his contact in Hong Kong serve him. I'm still considering it considering I have his address, place of business, and IP's all logged. I probably should.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I love how EVERY post referencing "what's the other forum?" got deleted. funny stuff.
    They can't keep it up forever.

    Just disappoints me most people over there aren't bright enough to google and figure it out themselves.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Look, don't link to e90post. Copy and paste the text to read here.
    Sorry. Noted for the future

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Sorry. Noted for the future
    Good.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,936
    Rep Points
    2,858.8
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Look, don't link to e90post. Copy and paste the text to read here.
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I think most people outside of the N54 world would agree that meth/h20 injection should be limited to reduction of intake air temperatures, and typically not needed when running a larger, more efficient, turbo. The N54 community has twisted this use first as a band aid for fueling, and now to the point of where we augment our fueling by essentially injecting race gas in the charge pipes. Most outside of the N54 world would agree that this is not the proper way to do things, its unnecassarily risky. I would rather inject my octane increasing fuel properly and evenly, through the fuel injectors...
    I think most platforms don't really have the option of progressive tuning based on meth flow... very powerful tool.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok OP edited properly, use it as a model in the future. I don't like wasting my time with basics.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,936
    Rep Points
    2,858.8
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I think most platforms don't really have the option of progressive tuning based on meth flow... very powerful tool.
    You can tune for progressive meth flow just like anything else, case in point my car. My flow is based primarily off IDC and factored from boost. So, i had the car tuned for it... i dont see why people think this is rocket science.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok reading over the review.

    But gentlemen, this is basically worthless. So what do we get? Dyno numbers, yay. We already had those didn't we?

    What, paragraphs on the shipping? Glad Vishnu mastered the art of boxing their parts up and sending them to someone.

    So what? Without 1/4 mile times for a customer it is pointless. Who cares? All we have is Shiv's 1/4 mile run still. I don't care how pretty the packiginng is, I don't care how nice the guy on the phone is, show me the 1/4 mile time or don't waste my time with a pointless novel.

    Plus, in all honesty, how much faith do you put into a review of someone who is sponsored specifically because they are writing the review? And they omit the most important factor in that review which is supporting Shiv's own run.

    This review reads like a product brochure not what enthusiasts want to see.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    You can tune for progressive meth flow just like anything else, case in point my car. My flow is based primarily off IDC and factored from boost. So, i had the car tuned for it... i dont see why people think this is rocket science.
    In your case tuning is set and NOT based dynamically on meth flow though... flow is based on certain parameters and failsafe based on a flow threshold. With piggy its a combination based on flow and engine parameters... actually very different.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok reading over the review.

    But gentlemen, this is basically worthless. So what do we get? Dyno numbers, yay. We already had those didn't we?

    What, paragraphs on the shipping? Glad Vishnu mastered the art of boxing their parts up and sending them to someone.

    So what? Without 1/4 mile times for a customer it is pointless. Who cares? All we have is Shiv's 1/4 mile run still. I don't care how pretty the packiginng is, I don't care how nice the guy on the phone is, show me the 1/4 mile time or don't waste my time with a pointless novel.

    Plus, in all honesty, how much faith do you put into a review of someone who is sponsored specifically because they are writing the review? And they omit the most important factor in that review which is supporting Shiv's own run.

    This review reads like a product brochure not what enthusiasts want to see.
    You changed my mind. Very well said! Give me some $#@!ING 1/4 MILES NUMBERS!!!! or 60-130. People seriously buy these kits to drive the cars like pussies? Do they just drive around the city? Or keep their rides garaged all day? Haven't even seen a video racing someone else in Mexico, other than Shiv at El Toro. I thought there was a couple more people that have this kit. No other videos from customers?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I agree sticky, I'm reading the review and thinking, what is with all this fluff? Who cares about half this stuff he is commenting on and why did he even take the time to write it? In this review a consumer wants to know what he gets for 10k.....the op didn't do a good job of showing that.

    He commented on a lot of stuff that meant nothing. It would be the equivalent of a car magazine reviewing the Ferrari 458 italia and only talking about the dealership, salesman, appearance of the dealership, sound of the motor and body style.....You would finish reading and think.....how fast is the new 458?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,735
    Rep Points
    31,541.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    You changed my mind. Very well said! Give me some $#@!ING 1/4 MILES NUMBERS!!!! or 60-130. People seriously buy these kits to drive the cars like pussies? Do they just drive around the city? Or keep their rides garaged all day? Haven't even seen a video racing someone else in Mexico, other than Shiv at El Toro. I thought there was a couple more people that have this kit. No other videos from customers?
    If we are going to get logs and data the data should be with the kit used to the max. On a hot day, in the staging lanes, show me what it does. Show me if it can do repeat runs in hot california summer weather. Show me how the cooling is holding up, the meth, etc., when it is run HARD.

    I'm glad the kit holds up driving to the grocery store and his subjective views are nice but the real hard data people are clamoring for is still absent. Is it because the numbers won't match what Shiv himself did? Well, now we have to wonder.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •