Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not skeptical of the power figures at all, I saw the dyno. I want to see 1/4 mile times and 60-130 vbox times....I want to see how it performs in the real world. Driving impressions are opinions, while they are valuable, I would like some better data, that would be a complete review in my book. I think the fact that not one person has posted any of this data, besides shiv, is why everyone is anxious and skeptical of the real world performance.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dan avoN7 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure I understand your post.. Here is a video of the car pulling on the Ferrari 458

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxsj4TeFxf0

Yes, I thought the review was good. I'm starting to think you skipped parts of the review?? Did you miss the entire section labeled "My Impressions Driving The Car"??? Click here to enlarge I don't see why you are being so skeptical over the power figures. The guy did an independent dyno run which shows the power the car is making, the actual powerband, etc. I will let you know right now (since it's apparent the majority on this forum have not driven a larger single turbo car) it's not going to be an easy car to launch. Anytime you shift the powerband further right it will be harder to get off the line unless launched just right. I would imagine those looking at this upgrade are driving their cars like 99% of the other 335i owners.. around town and on the freeway. They want the increased power on the top end and it's easily on tap once moving as you are keeping the rpm up or can easily downshift a gear.

funny, because the world is flat

and if you watch this video, you will see the 458 is ahead the entire race and lets off at exactly 6:17 for the cones.. Love how you exlude the facts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    normally you should let off at the cones especially with that crappy prepped track. poor ferrari.... got for sure lots of gravel.....
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You make absolutely no sense whatsoever! You want someone to post up time slips (on a drag strip where there are tons of variables at play) to back up the times Shiv ran. But wait.. it has to be some average Joe who doesn't drag race.. And he can't try to run his best time.. because that wouldn't be fair.. so just don't try as hard okay average Joe? Make up your mind because all you're doing is adding fuel to the fire to stir $#@! up.
    I don't know what you find confusing here.

Let's see what a car other than Shiv's own does on the strip. Let's see what guys with the kits hit on their own. What is so complicated? If it matches or doesn't match who cares but some more slips out of these would be great to see.

I think he backed up the power claims just fine! He went to an independant shop
    Ok and?

Instead of nitpick every little detail, why not be happy he even posted anything? You have to remember, there aren't many kits out there.. and while it would be nice to have more of their customers going to the drag strip to post times, do some illegal roll races with buggati veyrons/pagani zondas/a unicorn/etc.., not every customer of theirs will be interested in doing that.
    It isn't nitpicking to mention a timeslip was not posted and we don't have a single slip from owners. It's a big glaring hole and it is valid to mention it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    funny, because the world is flat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6ZkjWl_qo

and if you watch this video, you will see the 458 is ahead the entire race and lets off at exactly 6:17 for the cones.. Love how you exlude the facts
    It was a close race, but the video you just posted shows proof. Shiv passed him 2 seconds before the cones. Take a look at 6:15.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pentaxis Click here to enlarge
    It was a close race, but the video you just posted shows proof. Shiv passed him 2 seconds before the cones. Take a look at 6:15.
    yup, a magic 100 hp was gained right there... or a more likely scenario, as the 458 let off the throttle.. the world IS round..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It did though hang with the 458 which is impressive in my book, but as mentioned not enough to justify the price tag for the single or the trouble to get one, for 10K + money on Bolt ons, i would want my car to run mid 10s all day long and this is currently not happening.
    E92 AT. COBB S2+ , FBOs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345