Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

High power AT shifting issues.

Quick question for the few that are running RB's or Single or 19+psi on stockers with a AT.

Does sometime it "bounce" off redline when trying to shift at 6500-7k, almost like its missing the gear? No grinding noise or anything strange, just not shifting when told and having to lower RPM's to shift.

This happens mostly when launching then shifting from 1-2 or launching is second the initial 2-3 shift.

Any links or stories would be helpful

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...rbos-WIN/page6

Read the end of page 5, as well as page 6. Hope that helps you a bit.
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

It seems that might be a "sign" but I dont hear any clunk or loud noise and its very sporadic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Bump, let's see who else can chime in.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Thanks sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Nope no issues like that. I've pushed 20+ psi through my RBs which is 475 whp at worst numerous times no sign of slippage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

My trans did go into limp mode hotrod style, a pop then limp then trans came out of gear by itself. Never happened again though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    My trans did go into limp mode hotrod style, a pop then limp then trans came out of gear by itself. Never happened again though.
    Did you try running the same map/power again after that one time occurance?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

May be a sign its going. Mine started this with anything above a 60 meth additive on jb4. Mine kept getting worse and started shifting early sometimes as well. I am scheduled for a build and believe i have a good alternative to level 10. Not going to put it out there until i get it back and torture test it.Bouncing off the rev limiter when shifting at anything above 6200 was one of the first signs i got.Changed fluid and filter and reset adaptations was done first and made no difference.This only occurred on my car when sticking a launch with dr's. If i got spin it acts fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    I am scheduled for a build and believe i have a good alternative to level 10. Not going to put it out there until i get it back and torture test it.
    Damn.... come on give us some details!!!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Did you try running the same map/power again after that one time occurance?
    That's like asking me to stab myself again because it hurt the first time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Stett in plano tx pointed me in the direction of a transmission shop that specialize if zf transmissions and has already built some transmissions for local guys. I havent seen anyone on this forum mention it so I dont know who they are. Stett speaks very highly of them and has helped them with several customers cars. They have the same thinking as i do on these transmissions failing do to upgrading power and no control over the transmission.They claim to have hardware upgrades and i dont have details yet on what all is upgraded.Will know early this week and post info as i get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Stett in plano tx pointed me in the direction of a transmission shop that specialize if zf transmissions and has already built some transmissions for local guys. I havent seen anyone on this forum mention it so I dont know who they are. Stett speaks very highly of them and has helped them with several customers cars. They have the same thinking as i do on these transmissions failing do to upgrading power and no control over the transmission.They claim to have hardware upgrades and i dont have details yet on what all is upgraded.Will know early this week and post info as i get it.
    Sub'd... Would like to hear what info you have. My trans seems to be doing well handling 19+psi, but I do plan to build it soon after my future twin turbo upgrade from either Vargas Stage 3, CPE, or that shop from Tawain. Whatever shop to complete their task first and crack 600hp with little effort. I saw CPE's kit in person last week and it looks beautiful! Their kit is almost complete. They are definitely putting in alot of time to make sure its perfect the first time and they have HUGE goals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I am really excited after going by there and seeing nothing but modded out porsches and high end cars they are building for.This is the only shop that told me we can build it and not just rebuild it with stock parts other than level 10. This is also a cheaper option. When i told the guy the level10 price he laughed and told me i can beat that.Also suggested i get with a tuner to get some kind of management for the transmission.You can replace with upgraded hardware all day long and if you dont change parameters in the transmission they will eventually fail as well. When i get back im going to try to contact rob@cobb and see what he can do. With the work with enrico seems to me they have a head start on this.I dont want control at only 18+psi.I feel we need it at anything above stock levels.When i have all the facts to present to the forum ill bring them out. Until then this is all i know.I want to be sure their claims of upgraded hardware are legit.From what i saw they are no bs.The cars people are trusting them with cost 3 times what a 335 costs.I dont see someone trusting someone with a 100,000 to 150,000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Sorry phone went dead. I dont see someone trusting them with a high end car for no reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuSt4Boost Click here to enlarge
    Sub'd... Would like to hear what info you have. My trans seems to be doing well handling 19+psi, but I do plan to build it soon after my future twin turbo upgrade from either Vargas Stage 3, CPE, or that shop from Tawain. Whatever shop to complete their task first and crack 600hp with little effort. I saw CPE's kit in person last week and it looks beautiful! Their kit is almost complete. They are definitely putting in alot of time to make sure its perfect the first time and they have HUGE goals.
    Glad to hear CPE is still working on their kit. Was it installed on a car when you saw it? Do you know what turbos they are using?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Lust4boost do you have a link to this kit or any pics? Searched it but didnt see any info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Lust4boost do you have a link to this kit or any pics? Searched it but didnt see any info.
    http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...-turbo-upgrade

This is all that was shown at Sema 2011 and we haven't got any updates since then. I figured the project was scraped, but Im stoked to hear its near completion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The cp-e setup looks pretty damn serious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

talked to them today, same story as last year, "after SEMA..."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    talked to them today, same story as last year, "after SEMA..."
    :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I remember this now. I like that setup but never heard anything after seeing that.Wish my engine bay looked as clean as theirs does in those pics.lol.Need to clean up a few things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Glad to hear CPE is still working on their kit. Was it installed on a car when you saw it? Do you know what turbos they are using?
    Semi installed... I do have pics, but I was told not to share at the moment, so I'll honor their request. I believe he said they are already over budget for the kit and have to outsource certain parts/sections of the project. This is why it was pushed back till after SEMA (again), but he's confident it'll be completed by Christmas. Without reveiling the turbo choices (not sure if I can), there are 3 Twin-turbo Stages. Stage 1: 600-700hp, Stage 2: 700-800hp, Stage 3: 1000hp+ (requires built motor of course). Also, Stage 3 requires some "minor" modification to the engine bay iirc. I'm EXTREMELY excited about there system!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuSt4Boost Click here to enlarge
    Semi installed... I do have pics, but I was told not to share at the moment, so I'll honor their request. I believe he said they are already over budget for the kit and have to outsource certain parts/sections of the project. This is why it was pushed back till after SEMA (again), but he's confident it'll be completed by Christmas. Without reveiling the turbo choices (not sure if I can), there are 3 Twin-turbo Stages. Stage 1: 600-700hp, Stage 2: 700-800hp, Stage 3: 1000hp+ (requires built motor of course). Also, Stage 3 requires some "minor" modification to the engine bay iirc. I'm EXTREMELY excited about there system!
    1000whp, I will wait to see this until I believe this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I agree dont know if the stock internals can hold up to even stage 2 levels as no ones been there yet.FFTEC is close but that is a big difference. I would love to see it get there by christmas though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast