Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

ESS VT1 535 BMW DCT M3 Supercharger Boost Test-Upgraded Pulley

Conditions were favorable just a few minutes ago, so I could test the pulley out. I was not aware we could log boost through the OBD2, (as @M&M just informed me), or I would have.

Read the MAP sensor raw value & subtract the atmospheric pressure
    But this is a pretty decent method as well.

Not sure how much actual power is gained, the SOTP dyno isnt calibrated to detect such small changes.. I would guess that maybe 10-15 gained from pulley alone (lets not forget I have meth, which may enable even more at this point)

But i will say that drivability improved, and its much nicer to have even a small bit of boost sooner, since this is an S65 and very lacking in the TQ department

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Wow, I'm glad to be proven wrong. Boost increase was decent. I reckon that's 25rwhp or so. But you right, smaller pulley makes more power everywhere. Can't wait to see your testing. You gonna need DR's now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I'm glad to be proven wrong. Boost increase was decent. I reckon that's 25rwhp or so. But you right, smaller pulley makes more power everywhere. Can't wait to see your testing. You gonna need DR's now.
    well, depends, ive seen 5.5 consistantly, but never freezeframed the video to see if it was 5.5 or 5.8 max, im about to do that now. so, .2 might be what you have seen at altitude, but its pretty close to "advertised" of .5, maybe .8 tops

I have DR that i borrowed, just never put them on. Although I have been to the track with it, i really dont want to launch this car that much. I just wanted to get a perspective of gains since the 1/4 is much more consistant compared to 60-130's.

I would be suprised if its 25hp, i mean, i gained 133 over "stock" 30ish of that is from being catless. 110/5.5 means 20hp per psi, this not being a full 1 psi, figure thats the 10-15 i guessed, but more efficient from the meth.

I would assume im right at the 500hp mark now though w/meth (470sae/480std with 103mm and ineffective meth flow)

Thats a pretty far distance compared to some claims of 520+hp on the stock pulley

original:
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=394457

my counter:
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...rger-CORRECTLY

now, i was not aware that the there was no edge on the ess kit vortech pulley's, but the statements still stand correct. and its clearly visible that PG was not on the pulley with the caliper, otherwise you would not stil see the belt, and sizes and boost are WAY different

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I think we need to do another 20 mph roll again, except get it on video this time
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

How are you liking that gauge?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

The guage is awesome, its the 1st gen, same one from my 335 . I think the display of the newer one is more crisp, but until you can change the actual color, i wont upgrade. Im not fan of having something plugged into the OBD2 all the time either

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    The guage is awesome, its the 1st gen, same one from my 335 . I think the display of the newer one is more crisp, but until you can change the actual color, i wont upgrade. Im not fan of having something plugged into the OBD2 all the time either
    What's wrong with having something plugged into the OBDII?

So this gauge works how?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Just wait till my blower is installed it should be a good race bro... Spiking 7psi hmmmm
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's wrong with having something plugged into the OBDII?

So this gauge works how?
    This one is very easy, a OEM type connector that goues to the cig lighter under the center console, extremely easy install, and a boost line tapped from your manifold. I just dont like having something there, foot can knock it, cant log with BT tool, just looks out of place

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Just wait till my blower is installed it should be a good race bro... Spiking 7psi hmmmm
    yea, just a spike though,throttle is closed. I would think you would pull me easily, i would think ... Click here to enlarge

Thats why i want a comparo now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

This one is very easy, a OEM type connector that goues to the cig lighter under the center console, extremely easy install, and a boost line tapped from your manifold. I just dont like having something there, foot can knock it, cant log with BT tool, just looks out of place
    Ok I think I will pick something like this up.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

yea, just a spike though,throttle is closed. I would think you would pull me easily, i would think ... Click here to enlarge

Thats why i want a comparo now
    Weather is crap this week but let's see if we can get it in... I'm hoping to drop the car late this week as I want it back before the 15th
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

figures.. im off all week and work the weekend..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Why not just hard wire it in behind the dash panel. The CAN bus is just 2 wires...and the RPM from dash is 1.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    Why not just hard wire it in behind the dash panel. The CAN bus is just 2 wires...and the RPM from dash is 1.
    you wont be able to use the OBD whil its connected anyway, or so ive been told. i dont have a real need/want to upgrade until the color is changeable anyway