Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone got the new tune from OE yet or ez flash?

Im planning on getting OE's tune really soon and unfortunately i have to send it in because my ECU was updated by the dealer with a tuner proof update...i was prviously a powerchip customer i had their stage 2 tune, anyway im just wondering if anyone here as got their car flashed with their new tune or even bought the EZ flash

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Just a handful of people are running the EZ flash and the new tune at this moment.

They are doing some tunes on the east coast so we should see many dynos soon. Just out of curiosity, why are you making the switch to OE?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There are 3 cars in China that have the NEW tune. but not easy flash because there is not a big need for that in Asia since race fuel is hard to come by and very very expensive.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well ill be receiving this flash soon...so ill give some type of review compared to the powerchip stage 2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Coming to our custom tuning event in MA or NY this week? We can overlay our tune over your S2 map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OE Tuning East Click here to enlarge
    Coming to our custom tuning event in MA or NY this week? We can overlay our tune over your S2 map.
    That would be interesting to see, WAY interesting to see.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That would be interesting to see, WAY interesting to see.
    After the east coast OE Tuning event this week we will have some fresh results to show for the E92 M3 on 93oct, and hopefully against some other tunes.

We are doing one of our east coast development cars for 93 E10 fuel, which is currently stock minus a rear section exhaust (stock x) at the moment. Before and afters of that will be posted as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

unfortunately not, im in milwaukee....you guys should open something in chicago i would definitely make that trip

either way im excited to experience this new tune Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After the east coast OE Tuning event this week we will have some fresh results to show for the E92 M3 on 93oct, and hopefully against some other tunes.

We are doing one of our east coast development cars for 93 E10 fuel, which is currently stock minus a rear section exhaust (stock x) at the moment. Before and afters of that will be posted as well.
    Is it really that much better to get a "custom" tune? Wouldn't sending out the ECU to you guys and getting it back yield the same performance. Considering these cars all run under the same parameters, the only things that can change is having a cat-less exhaust, a drop in filter and some pulleys, but those are all things you can take into account without having the car in your possession right?

I just thought it's a question worth asking so you guys can shed some light on the situation for me and anybody else on this forum that is curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zamm3k Click here to enlarge
    Is it really that much better to get a "custom" tune? Wouldn't sending out the ECU to you guys and getting it back yield the same performance. Considering these cars all run under the same parameters, the only things that can change is having a cat-less exhaust, a drop in filter and some pulleys, but those are all things you can take into account without having the car in your possession right?

I just thought it's a question worth asking so you guys can shed some light on the situation for me and anybody else on this forum that is curious.
    +1 Please
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for a tune to truly be "custom" it must be engineered from scratch, which is not the case here...something closer to a "custom" tune would be for a stroker motor or a supercharged motor...for these ECU's i dont think you need a "custom" tune maybe for a turbo application? this ECU adapts within a certain number of parameters otherwise you will CEL's if there is something wrong which would limit the engine to run with reduced power...correct me if im wrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    for a tune to truly be "custom" it must be engineered from scratch, which is not the case here...something closer to a "custom" tune would be for a stroker motor or a supercharged motor...for these ECU's i dont think you need a "custom" tune maybe for a turbo application? this ECU adapts within a certain number of parameters otherwise you will CEL's if there is something wrong which would limit the engine to run with reduced power...correct me if im wrong
    you're pretty much on the money!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zamm3k Click here to enlarge

Custom just implies dyno tuning. It is custom tailored for your car not made from scratch.

All the cars vary to a degree, canned tunes that you mail in don't take these variances into account. When you see the graphs you will notice it for yourself.