Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Cant imagine why not they already had their jig built. I didn't see the car when it left since it was shipped from them to Shiv's place and I picked up the car like 3 months after that. My stock mufflers were in the trunk but not the stock downpipes. I called a few times but Chris just said they'd look for em and ship them to me.
    Whatever happened with your ideas to have Shiv tune it? Didn't work out eh?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cant imagine why not they already had their jig built. I didn't see the car when it left since it was shipped from them to Shiv's place and I picked up the car like 3 months after that. My stock mufflers were in the trunk but not the stock downpipes. I called a few times but Chris just said they'd look for em and ship them to me.
    you have more patience than I do...

BTW I agree with you on the DPs from what I've seen so far - less power on your before/after with stock tune and less power than a different car with stock DPs and Velos tune. More variables with the second comparison obviously, but we still haven't seen a before and after that showed them make more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whatever happened with your ideas to have Shiv tune it? Didn't work out eh?
    I sent it over but he couldn't get it to work with the proceed and just had me pick it up. However I'll put it to you like this, if he called me up today and said he got it to work and he'd install it on my car the car would be on a transporter to Cali by weeks end. And that's no knock on the Velos tune(haven't really experienced it to say yay or nay) but I like the capabilities a procede has over a flash tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    you have more patience than I do...

BTW I agree with you on the DPs from what I've seen so far - less power on your before/after with stock tune and less power than a different car with stock DPs and Velos tune. More variables with the second comparison obviously, but we still haven't seen a before and after that showed them make more power.
    Theres a guy here in Atl who I met through the 5post forum who installed them too and same scenario so at this point I'd say yeah probably not the best power wise. Might try to buy his old DP's lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I sent it over but he couldn't get it to work with the proceed and just had me pick it up.
    Wish I could say I was surprised.

but I like the capabilities a procede has over a flash tune.
    Like what? Meth integration and no real timing control? A flash is definitely more consistent and offers more control.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Jean, you should compare this graph to the M6 that you guys dyno'd. It would be great to see a dyno graph of two together!

Great work on the tune.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Jean, you should compare this graph to the M6 that you guys dyno'd. It would be great to see a dyno graph of two together!

Great work on the tune.
    Hey Flip,

Sorry i missed this, i will compare and post them for you.

I will say, there is no comparison between the two once both are tuned. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jean@VelosDesignwerks Click here to enlarge
    Hey Flip,

Sorry i missed this, i will compare and post them for you.

I will say, there is no comparison between the two once both are tuned. Click here to enlarge
    Now how do you know that Click here to enlarge We need to see results of a Velos Tuned M6!!! NOW!!!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12