Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Strange Codes Thrown, Limp Mode....

My car is an 07 FBO 335 with secondary cats and stock mufflers

I upated to the latest JB4 Interface software and firmware Thursday night and went out and filled up with 93 and a 40% mix of E85. I also changed the Future Use D setting to 99 to try to quiet down my WGs. Car ran very good Thursday night

Friday morning, started up and went right in to a CEL. Pulled the code and it was a 2ABD Intake pressure sensor, re-running. Cleared it and restarted. Car ran fine rest of the day.

Saturday morning, started up very odd and ran poorly almost got stranded and got a CEL and limp mode. Went back and pulled codes and got the following:
    2ABC Charging Pressure Sensor Electrical
    3100 Low Boost Mode Engaged CEL

Also, I cannot clear these last two codes with the JB4 software interface. This is troublesome.

Do you think any of what I did Thursday night (firmware, E85 or WGs adjustment) could have caused this?

The car ran fine prior to this no issues at all and I regularly update my firmware.

Any thoughts? Anyone had the same thing and know the reason this may be happening?

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am going to check the TMAP Sesnor and the JB4 connections later today.
    Click here to enlarge
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like sensor or wiring.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the TMap?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, I'd check that first.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was able to clear the codes today and then take out the airbox and cowl to look at the TMap sensor. Everything was connected fine, so I moved to check the JB4 connections and everything was good as well.
    Put everything back together and fired it up two different times and everything was fine. Ran perfectly smooth, but was not able to drive it due to hard rain in the area.
    Not sure what the problem was, but I willl be keeping an eye on the car the next few days.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdaddycane Click here to enlarge
    Also, I cannot clear these last two codes with the JB4 software interface. This is troublesome.
    Any idea why?

You can clear them now after taking off the airbox and putting it back on?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I could not clear them after repeated efforts on Saturday, but Sunday I was able to clear them. I did research on the 2ABC code Saturday and saw that others (albeit 2009 or later) could not clear that code as well.

I don't think removing the air box or the TMap sensor had anything to do with clearing the code. Might have been a "time" issue.
    Click here to enlarge