Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mocohead Click here to enlarge
    Honestly that concerns me about being an early adapter. I would hope that the tuner would do that background work and report the results to consumers. But so far none of the few companies offering products for the N20 are providing any substantive data.
    It's early. This motor will just be getting going at this time next year. Maybe 2 years.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure Terry from BMS would provide any data you would like in his n20 tune.
    Let's ask @Terry@BMS
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I definitely see upgraded turbos in this engine's future, but no time soon. IDC is an interesting theory. Brian99997, are you running a BMS tune? If not it may be worth it just to do some logging and see what's really going on with the engine.
    I have not purchased a tune because none seem to be suitable to circuit driving and I would rather pop an engine out of warranty if I was making 350+hp but Terry@BMS said that would be a couple of years.

I'm sure Terry from BMS would provide any data you would like in his n20 tune.
    I hope I don't offend Terry by posting this but this is the quote I received from him in email.

"We don't share tuning date on the N20 simply because it's so new, but you are welcome to try the tune out and collect your own data. Overall it's a lot of fun. But on the road race course another 40hp isn't normally worth much. The tuning is meant more for street cars, drag cars, etc. Definitely get the octane up though before running at the track on the stock tuning."

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The N54 hits about 600 whp on the stock injectors? The M3 does the same and is not yet maxed? So your numbers would not make sense with what has been achieved.
    GDI must be a wonderful thing then, 750+psi in the fuel rail seems to be helping the manufacturers quite a bit. I wonder how the ECU maps various values then and if it would dump enough fuel based on air volume alone if you had a turbo with an externally controlled wastegate (say at 15psi but +100CFM)

Going by the BMS install doc, they are only looking at MAP, TMAP, MAF and the wastegate solenoid. To me, these would be the right sensors to accept higher CFM from a different turbo but the question is how high does the stock ecu go. Terry posted some images on n54tech that had boost spike and apparently its been common since the n54 engine so the ecu could go quite high by itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15536

this is about the most data I could find on the N20. I would say, try out the BMS and if you don't like it return it. There is a return policy.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I'm buying the wife an X1 soon (before christmas sometime probably) with an N20 and if I'm lucky this tune will work on it. I'll get one and post up logs if its compatible.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'm buying the wife an X1 soon (before christmas sometime probably) with an N20 and if I'm lucky this tune will work on it. I'll get one and post up logs if its compatible.
    I'm sure Terry can make it work. Only issue is your distance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15536

this is about the most data I could find on the N20. I would say, try out the BMS and if you don't like it return it. There is a return policy.
    BMS offers a 14 day satisfaction guarantee. If not satisfied you may return your JB Performance Tuner in its original packaging in like new condition within 14 days of original shipment date for a full refund. Returns are timely by postmark. ....snip..... Products returned that do not qualify for return or are postmarked after 14 calendar days of original shipment date will become property of BMS with no refund issued.

At least it's A policy, better than others I suspect and I guess it depends on what they consider like new with the connectors. Terry himself said its more of a drag/street type of thing anyway and with 100 or so units out there, he doesn't have anybody with track data and I am not willing to pop an engine trying to get data for him although I could pull the telemetry sensors out of my race car for a weekend but they can do that too. We're too small of a market to make demands that a car can actually be driven for 20 minutes at a time with additional power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brian99997 Click here to enlarge
    BMS offers a 14 day satisfaction guarantee. If not satisfied you may return your JB Performance Tuner in its original packaging in like new condition within 14 days of original shipment date for a full refund. Returns are timely by postmark. ....snip..... Products returned that do not qualify for return or are postmarked after 14 calendar days of original shipment date will become property of BMS with no refund issued.

At least it's A policy, better than others I suspect and I guess it depends on what they consider like new with the connectors. Terry himself said its more of a drag/street type of thing anyway and with 100 or so units out there, he doesn't have anybody with track data and I am not willing to pop an engine trying to get data for him although I could pull the telemetry sensors out of my race car for a weekend but they can do that too. We're too small of a market to make demands that a car can actually be driven for 20 minutes at a time with additional power.
    Your best bet is gonna be a GIAC or Cobb flash with linear throttle map. Just may have to wait a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12