Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Alpha 6/7 GTR VS Cobalt SS from hell

My buddy Sythe Snake from Css.net with a 600+whp Cobalt SS. Too many mods to list but i'll tell you he has a BWs259 turbo. Now that is not a cobalt to mess with LOL.

I've been procrastinating hardcore for putting this story up for like...3-4 weeks almost now. Click here to enlarge So let me get started.

A buddy calls me up, and he lets me know that there is a guy who has a Alpha 6/7 gtr who wanted to run. I was like, well alright, I'm down. I thought it would be a GREAT test to see where the car is at against a real big boy car. So, I go home and wait for a buddy of mine to drop by, and another buddy to come by with his FP Red Evo X, and we drive up north to meet the guy. Evidently he is a rich guy who goes through cars like underwear. Click here to enlarge

So we get up north, and we sit down at my buddy's place and have a short drink while we wait for him to come around. Around 30 minutes after I get there, a gray GTR pulls up, sounding rather amazing! Middle aged gentleman gets out and walks up, greets my buddy and we introduce ourselves. He's really nice, shakes hands, etc etc. Then a red integra GSR pulls up and two guys get out, and they introduce themselves and junk too. So there are quite the few people are cars around for the 'event'. Click here to enlarge

So, we go out to the highway and the GTR takes the hell off like a bat outta hell! I tell the buddy I rode with that he has to get out and ride in one of the now two Evo X's that drove up. Click here to enlarge So we pull over and he does that, and we get rolling again. The GTR...takes off again, doing a sweet little pull. So I slowly creep up to 60mph, as we agreed to do a 60-1XX run.

That is when the video kicks in Click here to enlarge

So, to do my usual race descriptions. I honk it off, and he and I both hit it. You can hear that I start to spin, HARD and burn some tire off while pulling with him. Its hard to tell, but he pulls me by about half-3/4ths of a car while I'm spinning. I catch traction soon after and he stops pulling there! The GTR shifts, sounding crisp and clean as I run 3rd gear to my rev limiter. Then I shift my ass off and get into 4th! Still with him with my nose at his door/fender. I continue to wind out 4th, and he shifts, and I'm still with him! Fourth gear is slowly being wound down to an end and I try something I hadn't really done since my race with the Supra, and shifted into 5th to see what happened. The car surprised me and kept pulling, HARD! I look down almost instantly after I shift to 5th and my needle was pinned at 160+ and we were still pulling! the GTR is sitting at the same spot he was at, not pulling a single hair the whole time! So I'm winding out 5th and still not pulling on him, and he isn't going anywhere on me, so I decide that that was enough and let off.

The GTR slowed down and he had a bewildered look on his face and gave me a huge thumbs up as well! So then we decide to do another one to see. There was 'honk' miscommunication and he took off a second before I did and had about a car roughly on me, and he let off when he figured he left a tad too quickly, but I held that car there too! Click here to enlarge

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That cobalt is beastly! Still a shame they are FWD Click here to enlarge Chevy needs to make them RWD.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mother of God that's fast...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    That cobalt is beastly! Still a shame they are FWD Click here to enlarge Chevy needs to make them RWD.
    Pretty much the solstice GXP or the saturn Sky is the RWD version of it. Same engine in those cars.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Mother of God that's fast...
    Seriously on another level.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Pretty awesome.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Damn impressive!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

[QUOTE=fastgti69;318465]Pretty much the solstice GXP or the saturn Sky is the RWD version of it. Same engine in those cars.

Yeah too bad those companies have gone down the drain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

[QUOTE=leo985i;318638]
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Pretty much the solstice GXP or the saturn Sky is the RWD version of it. Same engine in those cars.

Yeah too bad those companies have gone down the drain.
    The American dream! lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Very nice showing for the Cobalt. Great race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Very nice showing for the Cobalt. Great race.
    We want to see more from him! So much power in such a light car will dominate almost anything.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

We want to see more from him! So much power in such a light car will dominate almost anything.
    Very true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

O_O that.....cobalt was fed after midnight........OMG
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

BADASS
    GTRs aren't invincible...formula to beat them is good driver and about 100hp more to overcome the transmission. The GTR trans will only hold off a superior power:weight car to a certain point. This cobalt weighs MUCH less and possibly has more power plus the guy can drive
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    BADASS
    GTRs aren't invincible...formula to beat them is good driver and about 100hp more to overcome the transmission. The GTR trans will only hold off a superior power:weight car to a certain point. This cobalt weighs MUCH less and possibly has more power plus the guy can drive
    Yea, I believe they're around the same hp. Cobalt has the weight advantage while the GTR has the faster tranny shifts.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yea, I believe they're around the same hp. Cobalt has the weight advantage while the GTR has the faster tranny shifts.
    Ok, from what I remember Cobalts are incredibly light so that right there can account for the transmission magic of the GT-R's GR6...
    Very sweet setup. That car could be a money maker on the streets.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    BADASS
    Very true, and a RWD car with the same trans will have an advantage on it if it is lighter. I can think of one...

Good race but would have preferred in car vid of course. Trailing vids don't really show the race all that well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Ok, from what I remember Cobalts are incredibly light so that right there can account for the transmission magic of the GT-R's GR6...
    Very sweet setup. That car could be a money maker on the streets.
    2900 lbs without driver so yea pretty light lol. Money maker yes, also money pit with how much was spent.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very true, and a RWD car with the same trans will have an advantage on it if it is lighter. I can think of one...

Good race but would have preferred in car vid of course. Trailing vids don't really show the race all that well.
    Yep, told him to get an in car video and invest in a gopro! I can show you the 605 whp dyno if you want to make sure it was really neck n neck with the GTR Click here to enlarge lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I can show you the 605 whp dyno if you want to make sure it was really neck n neck with the GTR lol
    Looked like it pulled up top to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looked like it pulled up top to me.
    Yea, looked like it did a little in the end.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Also just realized this GT-R is an Alpha 6 (or 7)....they make less than 600whp. To make 600whp with stock turbos you need E85 and a very strong tune with the turbos maxing out. On pump it is probably 550whp if even. Not taking away from the race. Just saying that the Cobalt definitely had more power than the GT-R. I'm sure the GT-R spools quicker and has a stronger power band and torque curve too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Sick run, wow, Cobalt SS representing! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Definately fast cars. Not to take away from the Cobalts, but if anyone wants a history lesson of what a lightweight car with insane power and short gears is capable of on the highway - look no further than the honda community, they've been doing this since early 2000's. They just have to be 60-80mph + because of wheelspin lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Also just realized this GT-R is an Alpha 6 (or 7)....they make less than 600whp. To make 600whp with stock turbos you need E85 and a very strong tune with the turbos maxing out. On pump it is probably 550whp if even. Not taking away from the race. Just saying that the Cobalt definitely had more power than the GT-R. I'm sure the GT-R spools quicker and has a stronger power band and torque curve too.
    Yea, I just looked it up. I really thought it would have some bigger turbos but I guess it's just a fully bolted and tuned GTR. Funny tho, never would think to say a cobalt has more power than a GTR haha.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Sick run, wow, Cobalt SS representing! Click here to enlarge
    Gotta show people what's up!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Definately fast cars. Not to take away from the Cobalts, but if anyone wants a history lesson of what a lightweight car with insane power and short gears is capable of on the highway - look no further than the honda community, they've been doing this since early 2000's. They just have to be 60-80mph + because of wheelspin lol.
    Yes, definitely in the hondas. Once you see an intercooler on a honda, be ready to be raped usually. I have some long ass gears so not too much wheel spin for me, plus I have a boost ramp so I can actually get traction and put the power down Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes, definitely in the hondas. Once you see an intercooler on a honda, be ready to be raped usually. I have some long ass gears so not too much wheel spin for me, plus I have a boost ramp so I can actually get traction and put the power down Click here to enlarge
    Eh, just put tie straps under lower control arms to compress the front suspesion and raise the rear of the car as high as possible and put 12k springs in the rear to keep weight transfer over the front wheels. Simple as pie Click here to enlarge