Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Great to hear about E85! Cant wait to get my car back (2-3 weeks...)so you can do me a nice map!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@dzenno , so how does it compare to pump 93 + meth?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    @dzen no , so how does it compare to pump 93 + meth?
    To be honest I don't remember how it is anymore to sit in a meth+pump FBO stock turbo car...i just know what I felt last night with 3 of us in the car felt VERY strong for stock turbos that I was surprised...at the same time my car's been in the shop for 5 months almost now waiting on the cylinder head and most local tunes so far have been on pump gas so this felt like a bat out of hell
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Great to hear about E85! Cant wait to get my car back (2-3 weeks...)so you can do me a nice map!
    Get that car back on the road already, we only have another 30,000km before that dumb ass belt goes again Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Get that car back on the road already, we only have another 30,000km before that dumb ass belt goes again Click here to enlarge
    Yeah hehe, was supposed to get it on thursday but my dumb shop ordered the wrong tool to remove / adjust crank pulley and timing chain so know they are waiting for the tool to arrive.. So pissed...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    @dzen no , so how does it compare to pump 93 + meth?
    Haven't tried meth, but after last night, I would be totally happy running this e85 mix exclusively. I've never felt my car pull so hard, and as Dz mentioned, that was with three people with a combined weight of nearly 500 lbs lol. People who have local E85 stations are spoiled! I'd go out of my way to get some.
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Damn! I need to hurry up and log the new map Draino sent me so we can move on to E85!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@JoshBoody's relentless quest at trolling after PTF's tuning Click here to enlarge Not sure why you choose to post over on e90 if you'd like to have a discussion about the tuning involved, or do you actually want to have a discussion? Let's see, here's your post from e90:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Joshboody
    Many of the important channels were not logged. But looks like you are running just fine. As stated before I would be a little concerned of the timing mapping. Unless they added some extra corrections at lowish IATs, you will get timing corrections once IATs increase. The dyno had IATs of 80deg and stock corrections don't come on until >109deg. With the aggressive mapping the correction table should really be altered. If they did this, then great.

DZ laughed at me mentioning the "WG dump", but clearly boost drops at a sharper rate around 6100rpms. Why is this "supposedly" necessary... its not and something that was missed in the tuning. They can smooth out the taper to sustain slightly more HP either in WG or load mapping... looks to be the load curve btw.

And I understand decreasing load in the mid-range, but why 5500rpms... doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyway, that's what I see.
    First off, the channels logged are pretty much defaults of what Cobb provides:

Time,RPM (RPM),Charge Air Temp (∞ F),Accel Ped. Pos. (%),TPS Act. (%),WGDC Bank 1 (%),WGDC Bank 2 (%),Cyl1 Timing Cor (∞),Cyl2 Timing Cor (∞),Cyl3 Timing Cor (∞),Cyl4 Timing Cor (∞),Cyl5 Timing Cor (∞),Cyl6 Timing Cor (∞),Timing Cyl. 1 (∞),Timing Cyl. 2 (∞),Timing Cyl. 3 (∞),Timing Cyl. 4 (∞),Timing Cyl. 5 (∞),Timing Cyl. 6 (∞),Lambda (Bank1) (AFR),Lambda (Bank2) (AFR),Boost (PSI)

1) Which important channels do you feel we needed to monitor? Everything required while watching the dashboard and logging was being logged.

2) You clearly don't understand how corrections work. You're at it again with your lack of knowledge due to lack of experience how things work on this platform. Timing corrections will NOT be applied after going past certain IAT values. Timing will be pulled for safety reasons from the "applied", or targeted if you will, timing that the DME is programmed for. Timing correction tables dictate that and this is probably why you're confused. Per cylinder timing "corrections" as logged are NOT an indicator of IAT induced timing corrections or ECT induced load corrections. We did not and will not touch temperature compensation tables as there is no need to play with that as those are there for a reason from the factory. As I already mentioned before the way to deal with avoiding timing pull or load pull due to temps is to deal with the problem at hand, HEAT. Better oil coolers, radiators, fans, ducting, intake piping insulation, etc and not telling the DME 130+F IAT is just fine to run and not have compensations applied. You can really ruin some healthy motors that way but I guess that's ok in your case. That is the worst piece of "advice" I've heard so far from you to be honest.

3) I'll laugh at you again for bringing it up yet again about the wastegate duty cycle datalog. In fact, we didn't even touch load its running OTS values. The other thing is there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Wastegate duty cycle is used to regulate boost, its part of boost control. If you have a feeling what the DME is doing is wrong to hit certain boost then you should really write a letter to BMW boost control engineers or something. We didn't rewrite boost control on the N54, in fact, didn't even touch it AT all Click here to enlarge

4) Again, just for you as you clearly missed what I was saying 3 times, his load on the pump gas map is OTS Stage2+agg load. Temperature compensations will move boost up/down depending on weather within limits set in the map. This is called load based tuning vs. absolute boost targeting that your tune which you seem to understand better than Cobb is doing. In that tune of your you'd actually have a higher possibility of timing pull through actual per cylinder timing corrections than with Cobb due to absolute boost targets as in winter you'll still run that 12psi (or is it 14psi) aggressive tune of yours as in summer. Then again, you'll be just fine at 12-14psi. Not like you race the car, its just a grocery getter right?

Cheers bud. Happy trolling.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    Haven't tried meth, but after last night, I would be totally happy running this e85 mix exclusively. I've never felt my car pull so hard, and as Dz mentioned, that was with three people with a combined weight of nearly 500 lbs lol. People who have local E85 stations are spoiled! I'd go out of my way to get some.
    You know.....I can actually compare this scenario somewhat because I do run meth.

When you ran your baselne pump gas run my impession was that my car with pump/meth setup was definitely a bit more aggresive than yours......but of course you had 500 extra pounds in the car so it should feel slower. Also I drive a 135 versus your 335, so some weight savings there too!

Then when Dzenno tuned you for the meth map......it was night and day difference.

When I got back in my car for the drive home I confirmed that my pump/meth mapis far slower.....and that is with just me in the car.

You really do not need meth.

My IAT that same night went down to 72F while spraying and yours dipped to 93F witout meth.

Here is the log with IAT's I logged on the drive home......felt boring compared to your car.....lol.

E85 is incredible!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

E85 really wakes this car the $#@! up.

It's amazing how 15 psi on RBs can feel with enough timing! Now, if we can get this car to cooperate with 21 psi, a ton of timing, meth and E85 all at the same time, I think it will be downright scary!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I can't wait until my e85+meth tune Sunday. With all this e85 talk its making me feel inadequate just running meth.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait until my e85+meth tune Sunday. With all this e85 talk its making me feel inadequate just running meth.
    Quite honestly, I don't even miss meth cause I'm running E85 straight.

I gotta redo the meth kit to a single CM10, fill the tank 90/10 mix and see how much extra timing i can get away with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

NYC / north jersey needs more e85 stations! I would jump on it if it was more readily available.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Quite honestly, I don't even miss meth cause I'm running E85 straight.

I gotta redo the meth kit to a single CM10, fill the tank 90/10 mix and see how much extra timing i can get away with.
    Do it and join the 500whp club.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I guess it makes sense to keep running meth if you already have a kit installed, maybe for some IAT reduction.
    (Not sure how much more timing you can add on top of an aggressive E85 map)
    Otherwise, with a well tuned E85 map, the extra $ for a meth kit for a minor performance bump is not worth it IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    I guess it makes sense to keep running meth if you already have a kit installed, maybe for some IAT reduction.
    (Not sure how much more timing you can add on top of an aggressive E85 map)
    Otherwise, with a well tuned E85 map, the extra $ for a meth kit for a minor performance bump is not worth it IMO.
    Gotta agree with you......

Other than the reduced intake temps, you are not going to bump up octane any higher than E85 already does.

Problem though is we don't have any of the good stuff up here - so meth is the only realistic and affordable choice you have to enhance octane other than $3/litre race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Going back to pump gas is depressing after feeling the E85 powaaa lol.

@dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks, ProRacingFuels should really consider offering E85. I wonder if its been brought up before but I'm sure there would be a strong enough demand from the different platforms that support it. Sure beats paying $3/liter for race gas or "C85"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Great results! The money PRF makes is from the old school cars running race gas. But yes, I'd make the short trip and pick up a few jerrycans of e85 if offered. Call them and ask if it's possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Just spoke to them out of curiosity. They basically said the requests have been too sporadic to offer it. They need a minimum request of 24 drums (55 gallon each) to make it worth their while. Otherwise, going across the border (Buffalo/Niagara) is the only realistic choice we have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Inquired with these guys today if they'll ship us a drum up here lol Click here to enlarge

http://www.maperformance.com/55-gall...cing-fuel.html
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

They will but shipping isn't cheap. It was around $500 delivered for our drum.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It was around $500 delivered for our drum.
    Yikes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yikes.
    i have a pump 50 mt from where i live Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Inquired with these guys today if they'll ship us a drum up here lol Click here to enlarge

http://www.maperformance.com/55-gall...cing-fuel.html
    Wow - only 225 for a 55gal!!! That's only 92c a litre. Baha!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    Wow - only 225 for a 55gal!!! That's only 92c a litre. Baha!
    They won't ship E98 internationally boooo Click here to enlarge I've asked to see if they'll ship it to Niagara Falls NY and then figure out a way to pick it up lol man the hoops we try to jump through for this good stuff and some people have it just around the corner and still don't fill up lol
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast