Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    There are a few single turbo cars running now and the only ET I've heard of from aside from Shiv's race car was one was 11.50@? MPH with a bad launch. The power curve will likely shine in a 60-130 race but doesn't seem to be working well at the strip. For example Shiv's car went 10.8 once max effort but ran many low 11s. RB turbo cars have also run low 11s. Even stock turbo cars with 200hp less have run low 11s. The key to good ETs with autos is a fat midrange torque curve and 2nd gear launches.

Wonder if my trans will hold up well enough for a shot at 10s... So what is the general consensus on the level 10 trans? Enrico you have that one right?

T so far so good but i havent been able to push it too hard. i have had it on for over 7K miles without issues. We will put it to the test as soon as i get the car back . Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Enrico what symptoms did you have or did it just let go?Im starting to get some strange shifting. Last night at the track i had 3 different events where my car would shift at between 5000 and 5500 and one time it just was like it went into neutral right after the 1/8 mile marker. Got it off track and no codes were present. Shut the car off and restarted and all was normal. Im only having issues at track on dr's. No issue on the street.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Enrico what symptoms did you have or did it just let go?Im starting to get some strange shifting. Last night at the track i had 3 different events where my car would shift at between 5000 and 5500 and one time it just was like it went into neutral right after the 1/8 mile marker. Got it off track and no codes were present. Shut the car off and restarted and all was normal. Im only having issues at track on dr's. No issue on the street.
    could be a sign. mine would just rev out and not upshift, or upshift and then downshift upshift again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yeah last night after i got past my e85 codes i got in one legit run and ran 11.90. After that it shifted strange. I was running a 65 additive with 50% e85 and 80/20 meth mix.LM are you saying like during a run it would upshift on its own or would not upshift? Even on my one full run it shifted from 3rd to 4th at between 5300 to 5700 range. What sucks is that was a bad ass run and that shift cost me time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Do you drive your car, or just "look" at it.?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    the ER roll on event is starting to shape up, so we will have our own fun.Sadly no vishnu/failure car will be in attendence, the 6mt guys cant drive to begin with, and the AT guys t
    Guess we can't be friends huh? I didn't provoke you in any way man.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sorry to OP, good numbers dude.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

asdofhaspdofh

I am jelly. That's all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Started with harsh shifts even just cruising around , you could clearly hear a "thump" and feel it in your seat. Than during pulls during gear changes the car would overrev 500+ rpm and than it would not shift anymore into 5th (like doing 2-3-4-5 pull) and throw a limp mode.
    I have never got a code from the engine dme related to the trans but if you have access to the Trans module via INPA you will probably find tons of codes.
    here my thread on the upgrade: http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=level

and here videos where you can clearly here the overrev and limp in 5th:

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Guess we can't be friends huh? I didn't provoke you in any way man.
    nothing personal, i cant shift a 6mt the way it needs to either Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yeah thats what im getting. Its hard to tell its slipping your right on that. Its a beast off the line and fades on the top end even though boost,timing etc. look great in the logs. Last night i put dr's back on and did some pulls. If i am on street tires and get some spin it seems to be strong throughout pull. If you stick a good launch and really hook off the line its done. I am now seeing over rev in higher gears as well. I guess its my turn to upgrade. This damn thing has been eating up my funds here of late. Just spent 3grand on repairing wiring after my fuse box caught fire from a bad conn. from the B+ cable to the fuse box. Have seen the issue before but never a fire. Its a never ending battle with this thing.But when its right it puts a smile on my face every time. Sorry to derail op.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, the peak figures are not representative, but the avg power put down in 1/4 should still be higher with ST. What is the best MT twin ET?
    The best MT TT ET is 11.43 I think. Let me check drag times.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yup Dzenno @ 11.43 @ 125mph
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Yup Dzenno @ 11.43 @ 125mph
    Yet another record Vishnu doesn't hold lol.

Back OT, that dreaded torque limiter may be the cause of all my issues going for big power flash only. It happily can hit 15-16 psi with a ton of timing but any additional boost or timing added the car starts becoming unhappy again. Hope that's the case!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

**Yawn!**. So I decided to fill er up today, as I prep for my HPDE this saturday. Since I didn't really feel much of anything from E85 at ~30% I decided to bump it up to 40% (4 gallons of E33 + 5.43 gallons of E85+6.5 gallons of 93(E10)) to see what the effect is before passing final judgement. Drove around for a while, hit the gas, and son of a B!tch! Now that's the same kick I felt with C16. So to hit the appropriate octane level for her to come, seems to be at 40% E85, or E40.

Always mix using a calculator like this one: http://e85prices.com/milesperdollar.htm

Always factor in the 10% ethanol that is in premium, in some states (E10).

Happy flying guys. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Turkeybaster115; 08-28-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Yet another record Vishnu doesn't hold lol.

Back OT, that dreaded torque limiter may be the cause of all my issues going for big power flash only. It happily can hit 15-16 psi with a ton of timing but any additional boost or timing added the car starts becoming unhappy again. Hope that's the case!
    Did anyone ever ask him what's up with that misleading sig?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Did anyone ever ask him what's up with that misleading sig?
    When I sell my car and have no need for E90post anymore, I will tell him off. No worries Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

My car is so freaking weird.

After $#@!ing with torque limit tables the car actually started performing worse, however we loaded up an old canned RB map I got from Rob Irish based on old logic and lo behold, it's happily exceeding targeted load and hitting 20.5 psi tapering to 16.5 at redline. The IAT comp tables are aggressive in cutting out timing, and my unscientific VD observation shows 2 degree loss in timing results in a 30 whp loss in power. I don't see how that's possible, but hey who knows.

I might just take this map, work with dzenno to tweak the load/WGDC, and make the fine tuning changes to fuel and timing and dyno this thing. 500 or bust Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Getting boost working properly with a flash only map is a PITA. Try our backend Cobb map + G5 on top. I think I sent you the lower advance one to start with.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Boost control is actually not too bad, its the various limits tables. I'm so glad we've got it under control finally and making some really good boost. Its been a journey and a half, now what remains is mostly a bit of cleanup
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Getting boost working properly with a flash only map is a PITA. Try our backend Cobb map + G5 on top. I think I sent you the lower advance one to start with.
    Tryong to get this Cobb only flash working first, then you'll be hearing from me soon. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Boost control is actually not too bad, its the various limits tables. I'm so glad we've got it under control finally and making some really good boost. Its been a journey and a half, now what remains is mostly a bit of cleanup
    Haha......saw that firsthand when you were tuning the other night!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    Haha......saw that firsthand when you were tuning the other night!
    Its really just like anything...if you enjoy and have passion for it, and some time to burn, there is nothing that can't be done in the end
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    When I sell my car and have no need for E90post anymore, I will tell him off. No worries Click here to enlarge
    Plenty of people manage to survive (and thrive) without it. Supporting it selfishly just makes you hypocritical as your principles only come into play when it is convenient for you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456