Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Still waiting on ONE specific thing...

Bottom line is this everything on your list has been done before by most EVERY President prior to Obama, so unless you're going concede that this is nothing new we are getting nowhere fast. Lets hear something specific and new.

Cant say he expanded wiretaps when Bush made it effectively unlimited. Cant say bailouts when Bush started that $#@!... Cant say data collection when its been happened long before either of us were born. Cant talk agencies as they go back decades and then some. Cant talk illegal surveillance since thats a staple of the policing community. And honestly who do you think is really controlling the internet? The Govt, Really????

Like I said something specific and I will add something new since you're bringing up the Presidental & Govt greatest hits!!! Same ol song dude, time for a new tune.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting on ONE specific thing...

Bottom line is this everything on your list has been done before by most EVERY President prior to Obama, so unless you're going concede that this is nothing new we are getting nowhere fast. Lets hear something specific and new.

Cant say he expanded wiretaps when Bush made it effectively unlimited. Cant say bailouts when Bush started that $#@!... Cant say data collection when its been happened long before either of us were born. Cant talk agencies as they go back decades and then some. Cant talk illegal surveillance since thats a staple of the policing community. And honestly who do you think is really controlling the internet? The Govt, Really????

Like I said something specific and I will add something new since you're bringing up the Presidental & Govt greatest hits!!! Same ol song dude, time for a new tune.
    I don't really remember expansion of wire tapping, gathering of intelligence against our very own, and using drones for targeted assassination in other countries which is illegal with every president. I don't think any other president has done this as it would be kind of impossible without the technology. Those are pretty specific right there.

Data collection, data on you, is at an all time high now and continues to increase. This is just some of what is going on. Why? Because the government wants to help and they need to know what you are searching for, sending in e-mails, or saying on the phone?

If you think your google results aren't filtered you are naive. They can with one click make websites appear or disappear. Wake up. WAKE UP.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't really remember expansion of wire tapping, gathering of intelligence against our very own, and using drones for targeted assassination in other countries which is illegal with every president. I don't think any other president has done this as it would be kind of impossible without the technology. Those are pretty specific right there.

Data collection, data on you, is at an all time high now and continues to increase. This is just some of what is going on. Why? Because the government wants to help you they need to do what you are searching for, sending in e-mails, or saying on the phone?

If you think your google results aren't filtered you are naive. They can with one click make websites appear or disappear. Wake up. WAKE UP.
    I havent read the whole thread or know if you are blaming Obama for all of this but....Obama has been president for 3.5 yrs...You think he invented and unleashed the drones in that time?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I havent read the whole thread or know if you are blaming Obama for all of this but....Obama has been president for 3.5 yrs...You think he invented and unleashed the drones in that time?
    I'm not blaming Obama I'm speaking generally of the erosion of the Constitution and a problem that has been taking place for some time now. It will happen with or without Obama.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

You can add executive order to grant legal status to all those immigrants that snuck across the boarder.

That, and the medias attempt to find as many shooting stories as possible, in an attempt to portray that guns are super bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Add gun laws in too, good point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Here's the most concise list that I can find. If you google "obama constitutional violations" the list is long and distinguished...

http://www.infowars.com/its-official...-dictatorship/

The two biggest issues for me are the NDAA and all the executive orders that serve to circumvent Congress.

No, this didn't all start with Obama, and refuting any of my posts with "but Bush..." is a non-starter, because I think Bush was just as horrible as Obama, as were most of the presidents over the last 30 years.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

My last comment on this...

Whether a President used a drone, a bomb, a stealth team they have damn near all publicly or privately had someone taken out. Moreover its not like it news this has happened. Presidents have snooped on foreign and US targets for decades with wiretapping and surveilance. Nothing new with that and Exectutive orders are not illegal. If they were illegal they wouldnt be able to do it in the first damn place. If you really think there'ss an erosion of the Constitution then you have to know it started long before Obama. There are precedents that have been set and allow many of the things folks bemoan to happen.

The White House does not CONTROL the media, influence it sure I wont deny it. But the media is just as equally flattering as it is unflattering of the White House. Thats why Fox, CNN, MSNBC and others exist to create a balance if the WH controlled it everything would be rosy thats comes out of it. This is China or Russia with Govt run TV.

Lastly... Naive is actually thinking you know more than those who do something everyday. Naive is believing everything you read on the net or Google. Naive is believing answers to national issues are simple. I get the frustration folks have with Govt what I dont get is why they do the same things over and over by voting in the same people. Yet expecting a different result... Thats insanity!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Whether a President used a drone, a bomb, a stealth team they have damn near all publicly or privately had someone taken out. Moreover its not like it news this has happened. Presidents have snooped on foreign and US targets for decades with wiretapping and surveilance. Nothing new with that and Exectutive orders are not illegal. If they were illegal they wouldnt be able to do it in the first damn place. If you really think there'ss an erosion of the Constitution then you have to know it started long before Obama. There are precedents that have been set and allow many of the things folks bemoan to happen.

The White House does not CONTROL the media, influence it sure I wont deny it. But the media is just as equally flattering as it is unflattering of the White House. Thats why Fox, CNN, MSNBC and others exist to create a balance if the WH controlled it everything would be rosy thats comes out of it. This is China or Russia with Govt run TV.

Lastly... Naive is actually thinking you know more than those who do something everyday. Naive is believing everything you read on the net or Google. Naive is believing answers to national issues are simple. I get the frustration folks have with Govt what I dont get is why they do the same things over and over by voting in the same people. Yet expecting a different result... Thats insanity!

Your specific that you are waiting on is here.. and has nothing to do with all the media control watching over people etc. (I believe all politicians do that.. nothing is real).. Obama had one job the day he entered the office.. Do his best to promote ideas that logically helped the U.S. avoid further damage by the credit crunch.. If you don't remember when he took office it was near impossible for most to obtain loans. His stimulus package did nothing to help people obtain loans (the housing market crashing was the driver of this) If no one can obtain large personal loans (mortgages) how does that sector recover and how do prices recover?.. Nor did it help ease unemployment.. Unemployment rates worsened throughout his time in office.. In recent they have finally started to become a bit better, but even more recent jobless claims are again on the rise. Those were the two things that he really really needed to address and did not address appropriately.

To say that Obama or most presidents are more qualified than most to run our country is something I do not believe.. They have money, an unsurpassed desire to be the one and serious amounts of funding to run these absurd campaigns.. Most of these ideas aren't Obama's, but his campaign's.. I'm not saying I'm so well versed in every single subject that I could better run the country than anyone else in this country, but certainly better than Obama. Your job is not to meddle, but to step in when absolutely needed. He didn't step in appropriately and his actions had very direct and foreseeable outcomes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Don't you understand the scope and ability is now vastly different?

They have suggested internet control policies this year, where you have been? That retard Lieberman wants an internet kill switch for $#@!s sake.

Naive is thinking everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about it. We don't get a different result with voting because the game is rigged and the system is broken.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    Then there is MSNBC on the other side, a network so liberally biased that MICROSOFT had to step away from them.

Refute the facts, don't simply attempt to discredit the source.
    It takes far to long to break down entire Fox broadcasts. In fact there are people who spend all day doing it at places like NPR. They are good at piling up the bs, misstatements, etc. No one posted anything about msnbc...
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

President Obama is no less White than he is African. The irony is many people peg him into one category based on predetermined prejudice.

Again people attack him out of fear no more no less. For future reference don't ever use the N word with me again. Between that video over in "Run It" and this post I dont play that. I do not use the word at all. Respectfully don't use it in a conversation with me, it's not taken jokingly or lightly.

That being said nobody said anything about putting people in chains. I don't know who "y'all" refers to but I nor anyone I know has been in chains or enslaved. It's that type of rethoric that has tensions up on all sides. Commentary is not POTUS those are commentators there's a rather large difference between the two. Again these talking heads are here to get ratings and make money. I take most with a grain of salt.

I have never called you a racist though your views certainly could be percieved that way by some. But that's not a label I threw or throw at you. I have said your lack of respect for the Office of the President and the way you have referred to the First Lady is appalling.

The bottom line is this... You can't say Obama sucks without saying so to do the Republicans who have spent less time moving things forward than they have blocking. NO President can function in a dead locked Congress and Senate. Romney has positives and negatives but so to does Obama. Different paths to the same goal is the honest truth. No one vision is perfect thus compromise usually encompasses the best of differing views. I don't see eye to eye with any one party I vote by who is closet or most likely to achieve what's important to me.

No one man or woman can fix this, especially if our legislative bodies are fiercerly and bitterly against one another. It just doesn't work I don't care who sits in the White House the results will be the same.
    Won't let me rep you any more. Click here to enlarge cheers

To list everything is basically giving a homework assignment. A huge one at that.

Where do you want to begin? Going to war without congressional approval? Expansion of wiretapping? Data collection? Endless agencies? Bank bailouts? Assassinations? Desire to control the internet? Illegal surveillance? It's endless.
    Most of that would be put on Bush II though...asking about what Obama specifically has done to the 1st and 2nd amendment seems like a fair question.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm not blaming Obama I'm speaking generally of the erosion of the Constitution and a problem that has been taking place for some time now. It will happen with or without Obama.
    I should have read farther. ^^^^^ Sounded like you were putting all that on Obama.

edit: thanks for the title fix BTW
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    the list is long and distinguished...
    So is my johnson.

Sorry ...pilot here...I couldn't resist the Top Gun quote.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i hate arguing with people that dont listen.. its playing "i win" with a 3yr old..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    So is my johnson.
    A guy named Meet_My_Johnson just retweeted one of my articles. Just thought it was a funny coincidence with your post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Lol...nice
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ssharma Click here to enlarge
    Your specific that you are waiting on is here.. and has nothing to do with all the media control watching over people etc. (I believe all politicians do that.. nothing is real).. Obama had one job the day he entered the office.. Do his best to promote ideas that logically helped the U.S. avoid further damage by the credit crunch.. If you don't remember when he took office it was near impossible for most to obtain loans. His stimulus package did nothing to help people obtain loans (the housing market crashing was the driver of this) If no one can obtain large personal loans (mortgages) how does that sector recover and how do prices recover?.. Nor did it help ease unemployment.. Unemployment rates worsened throughout his time in office.. In recent they have finally started to become a bit better, but even more recent jobless claims are again on the rise. Those were the two things that he really really needed to address and did not address appropriately.

To say that Obama or most presidents are more qualified than most to run our country is something I do not believe.. They have money, an unsurpassed desire to be the one and serious amounts of funding to run these absurd campaigns.. Most of these ideas aren't Obama's, but his campaign's.. I'm not saying I'm so well versed in every single subject that I could better run the country than anyone else in this country, but certainly better than Obama. Your job is not to meddle, but to step in when absolutely needed. He didn't step in appropriately and his actions had very direct and foreseeable outcomes.
    I'm not seeing the specific example. Everything you mentioned was an extension of what happened during Bush's term as well (Not that the overall recession was his fault either).
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm not seeing the specific example. Everything you mentioned was an extension of what happened during Bush's term as well (Not that the overall recession was his fault either).
    Bush setup TARP, which is fundamentally constructed from the ground up differently than Obama's stimulus plan.. Obama's stimulus plan is in no way correlated to TARP. That is my problem. He did not provide a proper solution. TARP (again I don't agree with the TARP program) at least adressed the situation. Obama's stimulus plan is just pumping taxpayer dollars into things that may have worked a century ago. Stimulus package two has nothing to do with Bush's TARP plan.

No matter how you try to mix up the scenario.. the day you enter office the s*** on the table is now yours to handle. He knew what he would deal with when he entered office. If he didn't or didn't feel as if he could provide a proper solution then he shouldn't be prezzy (again a lot of presidents make mistakes, but in this day and age something like this should not be considered complex). How is that not specific enough? Is it a tough situation.. yes.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a logical solution (not saying it has to be optimal, but at least logical). The most introductory courses in economics, finance, and or accounting could spell this out for you.. Heck basic math and a bunch of tree diagrams can put this one to rest...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ssharma Click here to enlarge
    Bush setup TARP, which is fundamentally constructed from the ground up differently than Obama's stimulus plan.. Obama's stimulus plan is in no way correlated to TARP. That is my problem. He did not provide a proper solution. TARP (again I don't agree with the TARP program) at least adressed the situation. Obama's stimulus plan is just pumping taxpayer dollars into things that may have worked a century ago. Stimulus package two has nothing to do with Bush's TARP plan.

No matter how you try to mix up the scenario.. the day you enter office the s*** on the table is now yours to handle. He knew what he would deal with when he entered office. If he didn't or didn't feel as if he could provide a proper solution then he shouldn't be prezzy (again a lot of presidents make mistakes, but in this day and age something like this should not be considered complex). How is that not specific enough? Is it a tough situation.. yes.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a logical solution (not saying it has to be optimal, but at least logical). The most introductory courses in economics, finance, and or accounting could spell this out for you.. Heck basic math and a bunch of tree diagrams can put this one to rest...
    Wait...why are you comparing TARP to Obama's stimulus? They have nothing to do with each other...I don't think anyone said they did either.

Why not stimulus to stimulus? They weren't that different from each other actually.

And that isn't the way it works. To many people think that the President has far more control then he really does. You can only change so much so quickly from the previous administration, and without complete cooperation from the rest of capitol hill you can't really do much.

I'm still not seeing the specific example, we aren't even talking about the subject that needed here...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wait...why are you comparing TARP to Obama's stimulus? They have nothing to do with each other...I don't think anyone said they did either.

Why not stimulus to stimulus? They weren't that different from each other actually.

And that isn't the way it works. To many people think that the President has far more control then he really does. You can only change so much so quickly from the previous administration, and without complete cooperation from the rest of capitol hill you can't really do much.

I'm still not seeing the specific example, we aren't even talking about the subject that needed here...
    Because I figured thats what you were looking at for whatever reason.. Bush's stimulus plan in early 08 is also completely different. It puts taxpayer dollars back in taxpayer pockets to provide additional disposible income vs taxpayer dollars into infrastructure. Bush's stimulus plan was 1/8th of the Obama plan mind you and 3x of what Bush put in taxpayer pockets was put into infrastructure. The construction of these stimulus plans were also completely different. Also why would there be a second stimulus plan? If there was a need for it it should do something to stimulate the economy.. It didn't it just burned money.

The President has the ability to sign or not sign these things into effect so I'd say he does have a pretty damn significant amount of power. Also when I talk about Obama its implied that I'm talking about his administration as well.

Change? Obama's WHOLE campaign was about change.. He changed absolutely nothing for the better as far as I've seen. I'm not even looking for change just fulfilling your role. $#@! hit the fan on the way out in Bush's term.. The following President will be held responsible for cleaning up that mess up and there is no way around it. I'm saying he didn't do it. If capitol hill is feeding you nonsense don't sign it. Pretty simple.

I'm not trying to talk about this.. I stated in my first post that I hate discussing politics.. why? because everyone has their own background and own opinions which they are entitled to and everyone is too pigheaded to open up to anything else or search for an actual truth.. truth is politics is a sham.

We are off topic, but I can't sit quiet when someone has responded directly to something I've said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I want to make something very clear, I do not hate Obama. He reminds me of a guy that I worked with a few years back. Of all the people that I worked with, hands down, he would be my first choice to hang out with, go partying, go fishing, vacation or whatever. When we would go to conventions together, this guy was a riot. The guy was a genuine fun guy to hang out with. On the other hand, he was THE WORST co-worker I have ever met. He took all the credit for anything that went right, passed along all the blame for anything that went wrong, and completely minimized everyone that he worked with. I refused to be a part of any project that he was affiliated with.

I feel the similarly about Obama, he is a nice personable guy, but I am diametrically opposed to him fiscally and socially. He is trying to take the country in the opposite direction from where I believe it needs to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

"
    The U.S. government’s indebtedness to foreign interests has grown by 72.3 percent during President Barack Obama’s term in office. In January 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, the U.S. government owed $3.0717 trillion to foreign entities, according to the Treasury Department. That has increased by $2.2206 trillion—or 72.3 percent—to the record $5.2923 trillion reported for yesterday.

"

there is a problem, we need a fix.. the current person, is not helping the situation

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We do need a fix but any current or former politician are what they are, politicians...Their job is to divide us and have us argue over talking points. They will just implement the plan of the rich and powerful and we will follow, nothing will fundamentally change. To think that any one man, obama or bush, has the ability to change what is wrong with our government is foolish. What we need is political reform which can only be done by a revolution.

I do think we are heading towards a restructure, people do want change. Just look at the last election, we ended up with a african american president, first ever! We could of possibly had a female vice president. That screams our country wants change.

End of my marxist rant.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    I want to make something very clear, I do not hate Obama. He reminds me of a guy that I worked with a few years back. Of all the people that I worked with, hands down, he would be my first choice to hang out with, go partying, go fishing, vacation or whatever. When we would go to conventions together, this guy was a riot. The guy was a genuine fun guy to hang out with. On the other hand, he was THE WORST co-worker I have ever met. He took all the credit for anything that went right, passed along all the blame for anything that went wrong, and completely minimized everyone that he worked with. I refused to be a part of any project that he was affiliated with.

I feel the similarly about Obama, he is a nice personable guy, but I am diametrically opposed to him fiscally and socially. He is trying to take the country in the opposite direction from where I believe it needs to go.
    Kind of a funny story there but I think Clinton would be by far the most fun to party with. Way more than Obama:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast