Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    who keeps negging' me lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I think the ones that are alienated have already bought one somewhere along the line.
    I remember when Shiv asked why he should help me when I didn't pay for his tune. I'm like, common sense. User sells product they no longer require support. Works fine for BMS and Cobb and I don't see them starving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by JoshBoody is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Oh man, this comment from Shiv did make me cringe a little, BUT let me add a counterpoint to everything else in the thread so far.

Cobb ATR CANNOT (at this time) reach the proper load targets for higher flowing hardware, specifically single turbo. Yes, you can use the scalar, but you’re fueling at various, mainly lower end, MAPs will be way off. The best approach is keeping stockish fueling off boost, and on boost increasing the base with additional 3D fuel mapping.

Just leave me with maybe 5 rep points and I’m good. Thanks

Now someone find some of DZs false, stupid statements… like injector pressure sensors on the n54 that detect detonation before it happens… HAAAHAAAHAHAHA
    josh, i always see eye-to-eye with you. i think the procede is a great solution. if shiv were to have graduated business school with an MBA in sales or marketing, vishnu would have taken over the e90 platform years ago. he runs more customers away than he gains (in my opinion). maybe he doesn't give a $#@!. maybe he has more business than he knows what to do with, and he's content.

i personally will always use a procede on stock turbo n54's, unless i find a local ATR tuner that can give me similar performance/feel/throttle response/boost control as the procede achieves.

cobb has come along way. in my opinion, they need to work on some hardware solutions now:

-manual boost controller specific to the n54
    -meth integration box similar to aquamist hfs
    -gimmick-y controls through cruise control lever, in-dash gauges, and on-the-fly map switching

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

if cobb somehow engineers those above requests, i'd have no reason to run a procede anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    also, i'd positive rep you if i could, josh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Now someone find some of DZs false, stupid statements… like injector pressure sensors on the n54 that detect detonation before it happens… HAAAHAAAHAHAHA
    LOL am I selling and marketing those injectors? In fact that is what a source close to a BMW N54 fuel engineer reported on this forum (@dubversion )..Josh, you try too hard sometimes dude, i never speak anything out of my ass trust me
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-14-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

DZ- any comments about cobb's future in hardware developments? i was hearing downpipes at one point.....

i think they could take over for good with a few cleaver hardware components.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Oh man, this comment from Shiv did make me cringe a little, BUT let me add a counterpoint to everything else in the thread so far.

Cobb ATR CANNOT (at this time) reach the proper load targets for higher flowing hardware, specifically single turbo. Yes, you can use the scalar, but you’re fueling at various, mainly lower end, MAPs will be way off. The best approach is keeping stockish fueling off boost, and on boost increasing the base with additional 3D fuel mapping.

Just leave me with maybe 5 rep points and I’m good. Thanks

ATR as it stands is better suited to making small tweaks and such. With that said, there is plenty of custom code and such not available in ATR which makes many things possible. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    DZ- any comments about cobb's future in hardware developments? i was hearing downpipes at one point.....

i think they could take over for good with a few cleaver hardware components.
    No idea to be honest
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

josh, i always see eye-to-eye with you. i think the procede is a great solution. if shiv were to have graduated business school with an MBA in sales or marketing, vishnu would have taken over the e90 platform years ago. he runs more customers away than he gains (in my opinion). maybe he doesn't give a $#@!. maybe he has more business than he knows what to do with, and he's content.

i personally will always use a procede on stock turbo n54's, unless i find a local ATR tuner that can give me similar performance/feel/throttle response/boost control as the procede achieves.

cobb has come along way. in my opinion, they need to work on some hardware solutions now:

-manual boost controller specific to the n54
    -meth integration box similar to aquamist hfs
    -gimmick-y controls through cruise control lever, in-dash gauges, and on-the-fly map switching
    Have you tried the 402 maps? They are quite nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    LOL am I selling and marketing those injectors? In fact that is what a source close to a BMW N54 fuel engineer reported on this forum (@dubversion )..Josh, you try too hard sometimes dude, i never speak anything out of my ass trust me
    The injector ability i wouldnt doubt it, but utilized on the n54.... Hmmmm. Kinda like statified injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Have you tried the 402 maps? They are quite nice.
    when were they released? most likely haven't tried them. i sold my 335i a couple months ago. i'm looking at another n54, and wondering if i should wait for the f32......

i think i'll just get a low mileage 335i (2007 most likely) and tinker with that until the f32 340i (or whatever it's going to be called) will be released. my zhp is killing me it's too slow lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

when were they released? most likely haven't tried them. i sold my 335i a couple months ago. i'm looking at another n54, and wondering if i should wait for the f32......

i think i'll just get a low mileage 335i (2007 most likely) and tinker with that until the f32 340i (or whatever it's going to be called) will be released. my zhp is killing me it's too slow lol
    Not sure, 6 weeks or so?

I dont think any BMW motor will be as tuner friendly as the N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Not sure, 6 weeks or so?

I dont think any BMW motor will be as tuner friendly as the N54.
    agreed, but the upcoming f32 has me thinking. yes, i've had 2 different n54's (like you, IIRC, 135i and 335i). i think the n54 will always be my favorite bmw engine. i'd love to swap my zhp for a 335i tomorrow, i just think i'd loose too much money with trading it in.

is your e90 sold yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Kinda like statified injection.
    you mean stratified? lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

agreed, but the upcoming f32 has me thinking. yes, i've had 2 different n54's (like you, IIRC, 135i and 335i). i think the n54 will always be my favorite bmw engine. i'd love to swap my zhp for a 335i tomorrow, i just think i'd loose too much money with trading it in.

is your e90 sold yet?
    Nah, I decided to keep it, for now. Which is why I bought an AP again lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nah, I decided to keep it, for now. Which is why I bought an AP again lol
    lol

i also have purchased 2 accessports. the good thing is they resell for pretty close to what you can buy them for (AR Design has the best price i've been quoted, FYI)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

lol

i also have purchased 2 accessports. the good thing is they resell for pretty close to what you can buy them for (AR Design has the best price i've been quoted, FYI)
    I lost nothing lol. I bought my first AP for 650, sold it for 650, bought this second one for 650 lol.

The funniest thing is I bought both APs from the same guy local lol. I got him a sick deal on dps and FMIC installed. Can't beat 250 to install both!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yikes, that is a great price for installs. i do FMIC myself, but the DP install i've done once. i quickly learned my lesson. any and all future n54's, i will gladly pony up $200-300 to have them installed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yikes, that is a great price for installs. i do FMIC myself, but the DP install i've done once. i quickly learned my lesson. any and all future n54's, i will gladly pony up $200-300 to have them installed.
    This guy is a great mechanic and no overhead. He has a full garage in his backyard. He can afford to charge those prices. Heck he is the one who can do N54 turbos in 6 hours (since Shiv didn't seem to believe me)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

This guy is a great mechanic and no overhead. He has a full garage in his backyard. He can afford to charge those prices. Heck he is the one who can do N54 turbos in 6 hours (since Shiv didn't seem to believe me)
    i'll chalk that up to another reason why i lived in the tri-state area

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

personally will always use a procede on stock turbo n54's, unless i find a local ATR tuner that can give me similar performance/feel/throttle response/boost control as the procede achieves.
    what do you mean? you got rid of yours

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

if shiv were to have graduated business school with an MBA in sales or marketing, vishnu would have taken over the e90 platform years ago.
    But he didn't. He specialized in psychology and now his behavior makes perfect sense. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    But he didn't. He specialized in psychology and now his behavior makes perfect sense. Click here to enlarge
    I think bimmerboost bothers him a lot Click here to enlarge

He's such an angry man, I told one of his customers the procede logging software can't plot negative timing he basically says i don't know anything and tries to take conversations from here over there heh.

The man is dying to get me banned me thinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast