Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Protuned fbo cobb 335i vs jb4 335i

I finally got a chance to rerun my buddy with the cobb protuned car. The last time it wasnt "fully" protuned according to jake @protuningfreaks. So he did some more tweaks and weeks later when the car was good to go on its final aggressive tune, we did round 2. Runs took place in africa, 40-135, 3 honks, and we were off. The cars have the exact same mods except the amount of e85, and the transmissions (I am 6AT and he is 6MT). I had a 100 pound passenger recording (wifey), but i doubt that would make a difference. The cobb car was def shifting fast as $#@!. I took a ride in the cobb car after the run, and it felt fast.

Cobb protuned 335i by jake @protuning freaks: He said 19 psi, 40% e85/ 60% 93, full bolt ons, stock exhaust, NO meth.

vs

(CAMERA CAR) JB4 335i map 5 (16.5 psi), 25% e85/ 75% 93, full bolt ons, Stock exhaust, NO meth.

Last edited by Stucks; 09-08-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Nice, your car still hangs pretty damn good. Might even be even if you lost the passenger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice, your car still hangs pretty damn good. Might even be even if you lost the passenger.
    Yeah he jumped out a car length at first, then i seemed to close the gap to 1/2 a car, and it stayed like that....I couldn't pass him.

He had a go pro on his car, but for some reason it didn't work Click here to enlarge

We were supposed to do a 60 roll, but never got a chance to due to cops kicking us out of our chill parking lot for the night
    Last edited by Stucks; 09-08-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Moved to N54 since this is an all N54 topic.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

A passenger gonna rob you 20 whp for sure.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Great runs! Glad you guys are having fun...he's 6MT vs your 6AT so he's disadvantaged down at 40mph start as 6MT cars will be below 3500rpm...next time out try a 50mph roll Click here to enlarge

In terms of the Cobb tune I've looked at his logs, he's hitting about 18psi down to 14.8psi at 6k rpm, its a bit lower than what jb4 map5 hits I think from what I've seen in the logs when it doesn't auto tune down...if he's willing we can always turn things up more heh you should also definitely lose that wifey

Here's one of benzy's recent boost logs:

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 09-08-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah I wanted to try a 50/50 mix of e85/93, but I didn't have room in the tank so I just filled her up with 4 gallons of e85 lol. His car most def $#@!z and gets. I was VERY impressed with how it ran/felt when he took me for a ride afterward lol I'd still like to do a 60 roll when conditions allow!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

60 roll should be better for both of u gearing wise 6MT especially..definitely up the mix if your trims allow it and you don't throw fuel mixture codes..maybe your timing is already maxed on the JB with that mix, have you logged it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Do digs, be men.

post dyno's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

From a digg the auto will walk away, no surprises there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Its a hard enough life for 6MT cars anyways Click here to enlarge from a dig against a 6AT on the street it'll be very unfair to say the least lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Manuals suck in these roll on type races. Actually, manuals suck from a dig too. 6AT will accelerate quicker in both instances.

6MT needs a wot box. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Manuals suck in these roll on type races. Actually, manuals suck from a dig too. 6AT will accelerate quicker in both instances.

6MT needs a wot box. Click here to enlarge
    Mine shows up today Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I cant edit my first post from 19 psi -> 18 psi. The owner of the cobb car went back and reviewed his logs, and says he was running 18.12 psi, i just texted him lol. A 60 roll would def be better! And im not throwing any codes, so a higher % e85 mixture might be in the works once this tank is out. Maybe we will do that 60 roll today or sunday. One thing is for sure, these cars are picking up fun factor more as each day goes by!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

wow OP you held up really well considering! Have you had a chance to do some logs yet?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    A passenger gonna rob you 20 whp for sure.
    100 lb woman = 10 whp Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

100 lb woman = 10 whp Click here to enlarge
    You mean -10 whp. I've never seen a woman add horsepower. If someone finds one let me know because I'll marry her. Especially if she can cook/clean and leave me alone the rest of the time.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You mean -10 whp. I've never seen a woman add horsepower. If someone finds one let me know because I'll marry her. Especially if she can cook/clean and leave me alone the rest of the time.
    In context of the response I was making to @enrita , it was implied -10whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Lord knows your set-up is going to need all the help it canClick here to enlarge Also dont forget that when you cough, she needs to dust your balls off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dave Chappelle's 4 steps to making a man happy:
    1. Suck his dick
    2. Play with his balls
    3. Make him a sandwhich
    4. Don't talk so much
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    Cobb protuned 335i by jake @protuning freaks: He said 19 psi, 40% e85/ 60% 93, full bolt ons, stock exhaust, NO meth.

vs

(CAMERA CAR) JB4 335i map 5 (16.5 psi), 25% e85/ 75% 93, full bolt ons, Stock exhaust, NO meth.

damn!!!!!!! 18 psi vs 16.5 and thats the result, and with a passenger? Didnt look like any ground was lost on the shifts vs an auto, so he couldnt be that bad of a driver..

I miss my JB4 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    damn!!!!!!! 18 psi vs 16.5 and thats the result, and with a passenger? Didnt look like any ground was lost on the shifts vs an auto, so he couldnt be that bad of a driver..

I miss my JB4 Click here to enlarge
    No, the cobb car's owner was driving much better this time. When we went for a ride after this run, i was in the passenger seat and was surprised at how good his shifting has become. We need to do a 60 roll! if I lose that, ill up the e85 % by a little bit, and if i still lose.....e55 amg time lol Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

In context of the response I was making to @enrita , it was implied -10whp.
    I know. The response was a joke. Unless you wish you analyze the performance impact of females? Unless performing with females is a sensitive topic for you in which case no worries.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Nice run. If the JB4 car ran 18psi, lost the passenger, didn't run a full tank of fuel and had a 40% mix of E85 the outcome would have been the reverse. I think it did extremely well considering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast