Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More logs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That'd sound like a compromise though if you're running below MBT. Really no need for that if the failsafe and meth control are working as described.
    Which is why I stated "either"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes the flow drops at high RPMs. It seems as if the meth is cutting off after about 4500-5000 RPMs. How can I tell if there is a flow restrictor in the inlet of the FAV? And if there is one, whats its use and can it be removed?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Does your flow meter drop at higher RPMs? Did Akums put one of the flow restrictors in the inlet of the FAV?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

Let's try this. Open up your controller and MOVE the "mode" jumper from PWM (default) to SSG (single-stage). This will set the controller into an on/off switch and won't progressively spray based on injector duty cycle. It'll just wait for the trigger to be hit and once hit it'll just run the system as long as the trigger is active.

Try that. I suspect your IDC and MAP signals the HFS-4 is reading might be going lower and thus the meth flow also dropping. This is exactly as it should be except either on your car a bit of timing should be pulled out at high rpm (like 1 degree) or you let it inject more meth up there.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    Yes the flow drops at high RPMs. It seems as if the meth is cutting off after about 4500-5000 RPMs. How can I tell if there is a flow restrictor in the inlet of the FAV? And if there is one, whats its use and can it be removed?
    Click here to enlarge

These are what the flow restrictors look like(these are slightly different than the HFS4 ones), and they attach behind the inlet of the FAV compression fitting (it unscrews). I imagine you have a bag of left over parts from the install at Akuma? HFS-4 comes with 3 different restrictors, try to see how many you have left over.

Maybe just call Akuma and see if they recall how they installed it?

As far as your flow meter, at full flow it should be illuminate the bar graph to around the middle of your flow guage. Does this level drop at higher RPM's? If it did, it should be triggering your failsafe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply Dzenno. I actually have the HFS-3 meth kit, I apologize if I misinformed you. Also, I received the new controller from Richard today so I will be installing it tomorrow. Im hoping this solves the issue. But if not, can I still follow your instructions being I have the HFS-3 and not HFS-4?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Let's try this. Open up your controller and MOVE the "mode" jumper from PWM (default) to SSG (single-stage). This will set the controller into an on/off switch and won't progressively spray based on injector duty cycle. It'll just wait for the trigger to be hit and once hit it'll just run the system as long as the trigger is active.

Try that. I suspect your IDC and MAP signals the HFS-4 is reading might be going lower and thus the meth flow also dropping. This is exactly as it should be except either on your car a bit of timing should be pulled out at high rpm (like 1 degree) or you let it inject more meth up there.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/HFS4/HFS-4.gif

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

Try the new controller first for sure. I talked to Richard@Aquamist today and it soumds like your original controller "may" have had an issue.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I actually didnt receive any left over parts from Akuma. No extra flow restrictors, nothing. And as far as the flow meter goes, I set it up while talking to Richard from aquamist on the phone. When the meth sprays the meter goes to about 4 bars. Half way. And yes this level drops at high RPMs and the failsafe doesnt kick in. But Im assuming its because I could possibly have the "WL" set to low so that the failsafe doesnt kick in. It seems I may have a lot of adjustments to make. But Im hoping the new controller from Richard solves the issues.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

These are what the flow restrictors look like(these are slightly different than the HFS4 ones), and they attach behind the inlet of the FAV compression fitting (it unscrews). I imagine you have a bag of left over parts from the install at Akuma? HFS-4 comes with 3 different restrictors, try to see how many you have left over.

Maybe just call Akuma and see if they recall how they installed it?

As far as your flow meter, at full flow it should be illuminate the bar graph to around the middle of your flow guage. Does this level drop at higher RPM's? If it did, it should be triggering your failsafe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well I hope thats the issue and the new controller fixes the issues. Its just weird how from day to day, the meth spray changes without me adjusting a single thing. For example today I went to philly around 4:30 and the car drove fine. Meth sprayed at maybe 4-5 psi. I parked and went to get something to eat and got back in the car about an hour later. Now, The car feels as if its going to misfire, running terribly rough. Then I notice the meth is spraying when Im not even hitting the gas. I made zero adjustments and it acted differently then an hour before. So I then had to turn the "theshold" clockwise to stop it from overloading the engine and almost causing a misfire. I just dont get it....

QUOTE=dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks;313614]Try the new controller first for sure. I talked to Richard@Aquamist today and it soumds like your original controller "may" have had an issue.[/QUOTE]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Whoa dude, scary stuff. Hope that new controller fixes it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12