Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Mr 5 Intake Show Pics

Thought I'd show off my Mr 5 intake which I final installed last night... basically the same as everyone else's, with some slight differences. I used 2.5" for easier install and no need to rearrange anything. The flange through the air box is held into place by the hose clamp only... very secure. Took less than 30min to install... hardest part was finding the parts. here's the flange I used:
    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...uctflanges.php

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Use insert inline...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Must be nice to have moved that pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I'd be interested in a with/without dyno test. Any plans to test it?
    James Muskopf
    RRT Racing
    2007 E92 335i/6MT Procede Rev3 w/PWM meth, otherwise stock
    E28 M5, R171 SLK320

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Impressions?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Good call on no screws. I would be paranoid as hell about them getting sucked in. If the clamp got loose, the worst thing that can happen is the bell mount falls in there but not go anywhere!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 Click here to enlarge
    I'd be interested in a with/without dyno test. Any plans to test it?
    Barn Stormer did some testing and so did Mr 5. True advantage is on the street though... should have done some virtual dynos but I fail. Been making too many tuning changes recently so its difficult to pick a past log and try to duplicate. Before I had DCI though, so I suspect there is no noticeable difference. I mainly like the cleaner look, and from a stop light I'm sure IATs are a little cooler. The more important test is WGDC in my opinion... once I get some logs with the new setup I'll review to see if I notice anything.

There really isn't much air flow where the filter sits (to the side of the fog light)... not sure I want to open anything up though, cause I would just have to clean the filter more often. maybe cutting the brake ducting on the side could help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Must be nice to have moved that pump.
    only benefits: more meth mix, no worries on boiling, more room, easier prime... I never did worry about fire though.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Impressions?
    ehh, same as DCI as far as driving, response... looks cleaner and cooler.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Good call on no screws. I would be paranoid as hell about them getting sucked in. If the clamp got loose, the worst thing that can happen is the bell mount falls in there but not go anywhere!
    Yep, no way I was going to use fasteners... no need its really tight without. I was going to use an o-ring, but decided not needed after see the tight fit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Notice any difference in CAT's/IAT's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great job, i gotta get my hands on this soon...love the cleaner/oem look.
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

nice job, looks clean and almost OEM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I used rivets to secure my 3" aircraftspruce flange.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Looks good OP. If I were to do a Mr5 intake that is exactly how I would do it. Hose clamp holding in flange with 2.5" piping (in testing we found as small as 2" could offer enough flow for up to 420rw, depending on how long that piping is". And if it's just a hole with no filter around 1.75".
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Great setup OP. I've been running this setup for a while but my ducting is a 3". Yes tight squeeze but it works extremely well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    The more important test is WGDC in my opinion....
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

The best test for intakes is 40-120 or 60-130 testing before and after. Which is easy to do and quantify. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

With the 2.5" piping, did you have to remove the support bracket?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I think the bracket is only on the e92... Didn't see one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The best test for intakes is 40-120 or 60-130 testing before and after. Which is easy to do and quantify. Click here to enlarge
    In addition to this, if you really want to get in the nitty gritty put a nipple in the pipe right after the cone filter or the intake box and measure vacuum pulled...the one that pulls the least amount of vacuum is the intake to use Click here to enlarge this will tell you which one's flowing better BUT intake temps are also a factor...

One thing that'd be really good, to help the turbos out a bit, is to get a higher pressure air coming down towards the inlet OR take out some of the vacuum created when they're sucking air...this will move the turbo a bit inside its compressor map and very possibly make more power...

The concept in added power behind our upgraded turbo inlet pipes will try to address the restriction part of it (i.e. reduce vacuum seen in the intake pipes) to allow for possibly more compressor efficiency which should also result in lower average wastegate duty cycles especially at higher boost