Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol that won't work. The DME uses the MAP and TMAP to create a single view of load from vacuum through full boost.
    Click here to enlarge DaM iT !

Looks like I will have to do it the hard way then and get an analog boost gauge. The DashDaq has an input to ready analog gauges.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike335i Click here to enlarge
    Why not just get a Bavarian Tech tool, CAN tool (to watch gauges), an AP, JB4, heck even a Procede?
    Because I didnt want a laptop swinging back and forth in the car. I thought about this even perhaps using it with a Windows Tablet in the car. the DashDaq was smaller and came with a suction mount.

I could just resell the DashDaq or just keep it for when I start moding my Mini

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge

Looks like I will have to do it the hard way then and get an analog boost gauge. The DashDaq has an input to ready analog gauges.
    .. Or get a BMS CAN tool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Why not just get a Bavarian Tech tool, CAN tool (to watch gauges), an AP, JB4, heck even a Procede?
    mike335i = mike@n54tuning.com?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    mike335i = mike@n54tuning.com?
    Nope. Name a better solution for what he wants to do. He wants a simple, clean, stealth boost gauge. He got a flash tune, he most likely doesn't want to go into the engine bay. He could just as easily get an AP and use it as a boost gauge but that would be more expensive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Nope. Name a better solution for what he wants to do. He wants a simple, clean, stealth boost gauge. He got a flash tune, he most likely doesn't want to go into the engine bay. He could just as easily get an AP and use it as a boost gauge but that would be more expensive.
    @BuraQ, you seem to be happy with your tune and the way its running on your car. I'd say stick with what you enjoy, no need to change tunes to get a boost gauge going. I'd sell the DashDaq and get yourself a P3Cars (formerly known as the Rixster) gauge. It goes in the vent, reads probably just as many useful channels as the DashDaq and fully supports the BMW CANBus. Its an amazing gauge with OEM-like integration in these cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I'm not sure the BMS CAN tool do gauge hijack, but a JB4 in map4 will be able to enable gauge hijacking for you displaying boost on fuel and timing on oil temp. I guess it is a bargain even if you don't use any of the other "performance" features, and it is very stealthy no added gauges to spoil your BMW interior Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

@BuraQ , you seem to be happy with your tune and the way its running on your car. I'd say stick with what you enjoy, no need to change tunes to get a boost gauge going. I'd sell the DashDaq and get yourself a P3Cars (formerly known as the Rixster) gauge. It goes in the vent, reads probably just as many useful channels as the DashDaq and fully supports the BMW CANBus. Its an amazing gauge with OEM-like integration in these cars.
    P3Cars seems like the way I am going to go on this. It sucks getting rid of the DashDaq cause it works flawlessly on my Mini Cooper S. Thanks for the suggestion. Here I come ebay

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@BuraQ , you seem to be happy with your tune and the way its running on your car. I'd say stick with what you enjoy, no need to change tunes to get a boost gauge going. I'd sell the DashDaq and get yourself a P3Cars (formerly known as the Rixster) gauge. It goes in the vent, reads probably just as many useful channels as the DashDaq and fully supports the BMW CANBus. Its an amazing gauge with OEM-like integration in these cars.
    i was about to suggest that as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes, buy the $409 vent gauge instead of the completely plug and play $129, nearly invisible CAN tool that does more. LOL and this is supposed to be the unbiased form.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

TBH $400 is insanely high for a boost gauge. I know it has other features but it sounds like the dashdaq works fine for everything else.

I'm unfamiliar with the CAN tool. Can that be used stand alone as a data logging device? The website description is a little unclear on that point.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    TBH $400 is insanely high for a boost gauge. I know it has other features but it sounds like the dashdaq works fine for everything else.

I'm unfamiliar with the CAN tool. Can that be used stand alone as a data logging device? The website description is a little unclear on that point.
    Logging, no. But neither does the Rixster gauge. The CAN tool can also read and clear codes as well as act as a downpipe fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Logging, no. But neither does the Rixster gauge. The CAN tool can also read and clear codes as well as act as a downpipe fix.
    The P3Cars gauge can also read and clear codes. It doesn't act as a downpipe fix but for @BuraQ that doesn't matter as he's got a flash to turn off that monitor and avoid the check engine light unless he needs the actual dp fix itself but then in that case he can just get that standalone to pass emissions if he desires to do it that way.

P3Cars gauge has a much better readout as its digitally shown than going off the dash gauges that can at times be a bit off depending on the car. It can also do a recall of a complete run and replay it on any channel you wish which can be useful at times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The P3Cars gauge can also read and clear codes. It doesn't act as a downpipe fix but for @BuraQ that doesn't matter as he's got a flash to turn off that monitor and avoid the check engine light unless he needs the actual dp fix itself but then in that case he can just get that standalone to pass emissions if he desires to do it that way.

P3Cars gauge has a much better readout as its digitally shown than going off the dash gauges that can at times be a bit off depending on the car. It can also do a recall of a complete run and replay it on any channel you wish which can be useful at times.
    For $70 more than the gauge you could just get a JB4 and have the ability to log, alter loads of parameters, gauges, etc.. Any way he goes its going to cost him a bunch. Why not just get a good old analog gauge for 1/2 to 1/4 that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

For $70 more than the gauge you could just get a JB4 and have the ability to log, alter loads of parameters, gauges, etc.. Any way he goes its going to cost him a bunch. Why not just get a good old analog gauge for 1/2 to 1/4 that?
    I agree. Just get a good ol' analog...check out LeatherZ and their ashtray gauge pod...other than the boost gauge I'd recommend running an oil pressure gauge from them and possibly a voltage gauge that could tell you either battery voltage or meth flow one day if you decide to ever run it. Looks nice too!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

this was DrewTech's reply
    WTF is drewtech?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    WTF is drewtech?
    http://www.drewtech.com/enthusiast/index.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

+1 on trying a CAN Tool for the in dash boost gauge. But a P3 gauge is a much nicer solution if money and install time are not factors.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Very cool toy.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12