Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

We as Americans..

We as Americans need to come together and stand up for what it means to be an American. You owe it to yourself, your family and future generations, and OUR country to read these, enjoy:

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its... government." Thomas Paine

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does NOT mean to stand by the President or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country." Theodore Roosevelt

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams

"Now more than ever before, the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption. If it be intelligent, brave and pure, it is because the people demand these high qualities to represent them in the national legislature.... If the next centennial does not find us a great nation ... it will be because those who represent the enterprise, the culture, and the morality of the nation do not aid in controlling the political forces." James Garfield, the twentieth president of the United States, 1877

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry, American colonial revolutionary

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

I think the tree is well overdue for a watering.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost.
    Barack Obama

my edit
    all else is lost if the people trust their government to protect them and to promote their common welfare

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "I need to say this – you shouldn’t trust any government, actually including this one. You should not trust government – full stop. The natural inclination of government is to hoard power and information; to accrue power to itself in the name of the public good"– Nick Clegg, Deputy Prime Minister UK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    "It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its... government." Thomas Paine
    Great set of quotes this one being my fave.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    “Man is not free unless government is limited.” -- Ronald Reagan
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "When the people focus on dumbSh*t like sports, and TV because thats what the elite designed those things for so they can rape the peoples rights the country goes to hell in a hand basket" quote from GG///M3.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Corporations are people! - Mitt Romney 2011.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge

WEEeEEEeeeeEeeeee
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    "When the people focus on dumbSh*t like sports, and TV because thats what the elite designed those things for so they can rape the peoples rights the country goes to hell in a hand basket" quote from GG///M3.
    Yes, exactly. The sheep care about three things: a microwave, a tv, and sexual gratification. We've crossed the boundary where those three elements drive over half of the nation. Obamney will ensure that this trend continues.

It will be interesting to see where the tipping point is for the other <50%.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    From my understaning of this thread... we need a revolution. I for one believe that the founding fathers of this nation would be disgusted with what is going on. Even going as far as calling our leaders... tyrants.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I think that quote has to do with the right to contribute to political campaigns. Labor Unions had the right to contribute but were challenging the rights of corporations to contribute too. I believe that the court ruled that all organizations (corporations, unions, associations) were allowed "free speech" since they were comprised of (and represented) people.