Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question E36 M3 Convertible (shorting out?)

Hi all,

I got my wife a E36 M3 Convertible and now a funny thing is happening, when the roof goes down all of the windows goes down, but the driver side only goes down part of the way and the top stops halfway and I have to push it to go down, plus the driver's and passenger side mirrors burn out the fuse, also at night the ODC tells me that there is an error on my tail lights and headlights (they are lite), and lastly my check engine light is on all the time and tells me that the is something wrong with the VANOS, but that is not possible because I just rebuilt the engine and installed Dr VANOS stage 3 VANOS kit.

And some of these errors don't come on or happen all the time.

HELP!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Hi all,

I got my wife a E36 M3 Convertible and now a funny thing is happening, when the roof goes down all of the windows goes down, but the driver side only goes down part of the way and the top stops halfway and I have to push it to go down, plus the driver's and passenger side mirrors burn out the fuse, also at night the ODC tells me that there is an error on my tail lights and headlights (they are lite), and lastly my check engine light is on all the time and tells me that the is something wrong with the VANOS, but that is not possible because I just rebuilt the engine and installed Dr VANOS stage 3 VANOS kit.

And some of these errors don't come on or happen all the time.

HELP!!!
    The vano's unit may have not been timed correctly causing the code. The OBC is a crack whore. There is a brake switch sensor that could be causing it. Pelican parts sells it for i think 35 bucks. I have have never owned a vert, but its funny I have been thinking about buying 1 for my wife as well.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    The vano's unit may have not been timed correctly causing the code. The OBC is a crack whore. There is a brake switch sensor that could be causing it. Pelican parts sells it for i think 35 bucks. I have have never owned a vert, but its funny I have been thinking about buying 1 for my wife as well.
    I know there is nothing wrong with the timing two machinics checked it, and I did replace the brake switch sensor. And I did hear that the OBC is a whore but not a crack whore. lol

Thanks