Any wheel spin?
    None at all. Just WOT till redline; I also had DSC off

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    None at all. Just WOT till redline; I also had DSC off
    I was having similar results when i tried grabbing some logs with my clutch slipping. The revs would climb quick and then the clutch would "catch up" and then level out and climb normally. It actually logged VERY similarly to how yours looks.

Does the trans feel solid?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Does the trans feel solid?
    For the most part it does feel normal. The car pulls like a train. I just replaced all plugs and did a walnut blast to my valves.. Running 93 oct.
    I converted the log from csv into txt to see whats wrong, since the site doesn't accept .csv files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the most part it does feel normal. The car pulls like a train. I just replaced all plugs and did a walnut blast to my valves.. Running 93 oct.
    I converted the log from csv into txt to see whats wrong, since the site doesn't accept .csv files
    Yeah, that's what i was talking about. I looked at the log and the RPMs were climbing weird.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, that's what i was talking about. I looked at the log and the RPMs were climbing weird.
    Could that be the cause of VD not plotting it right?
    These are the 3 logs I did today. They also plot the same.

datalog3.txt
    datalog2.txt
    datalog1.txt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi guys. So this is only my second run at doing some data logging and was wondering if these logs look right. I have some of the basics but I am a novice at deciphering the meaning of all the data. This is what I am running: DCI, Remus axle back exhaust, Cobb Stg 1 LT Aggr v401 and a 70/30 mix of ACN91/E85 (doing this to get to 94 Oct for aggressive map). Datalog #3&4 is 3rd gear and #2 is a 2nd to 3rd pull.
    Archive.zip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could that be the cause of VD not plotting it right?
    These are the 3 logs I did today. They also plot the same.
    Wow, i can't believe i didn't see this last nightClick here to enlarge

I'm pretty sure you're just running through multiple gears during the pull and that's why it's plotting wrong. For VD to work it needs to be a single gear pull.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, i can't believe i didn't see this last nightClick here to enlarge

I'm pretty sure you're just running through multiple gears during the pull and that's why it's plotting wrong. For VD to work it needs to be a single gear pull.
    Yea I knocked out a bit after that as well.

This is the way I log in my Auto:
    -Put the shifter in M mode in 3rd gear
    -Make sure RPM is around 2300-2800 RPM
    -Start the datalog and go Wide Open Throttle
    -Once it shifts right to 4th I stop the datalog.

Is there another way of logging?
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I knocked out a bit after that as well.

This is the way I log in my Auto:
    -Put the shifter in M mode in 3rd gear
    -Make sure RPM is around 2300-2800 RPM
    -Start the datalog and go Wide Open Throttle
    -Once it shifts right to 4th I stop the datalog.

Is there another way of logging?
    Next time you get a log add "Gear" to the logging list. I think the car is downshifting into second and that's what's causing the goofy graphing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Next time you get a log add "Gear" to the logging list. I think the car is downshifting into second and that's what's causing the goofy graphing.
    Which other channel should I remove because im maxed out on the channel im logging.
    Also, I'm in 3rd gear the whole time as i'm in M mode, i clearly see M3 the whole time until going to 4th.
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Booyaazaa Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys. So this is only my second run at doing some data logging and was wondering if these logs look right. I have some of the basics but I am a novice at deciphering the meaning of all the data. This is what I am running: DCI, Remus axle back exhaust, Cobb Stg 1 LT Aggr v401 and a 70/30 mix of ACN91/E85 (doing this to get to 94 Oct for aggressive map). Datalog #3&4 is 3rd gear and #2 is a 2nd to 3rd pull.
    Even with the e30 mix you're still seeing more timing corrections than i like to see. I suggest adding "STFT bank 1 and 2" and grab a couple more logs and see how the fuel trims are looking. You'll probably end up adjusting the Fuel scalar in ATR so you can run a higher ethanol mix and get those corrections cleared up.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Which other channel should I remove because im maxed out on the channel im logging.
    Also, I'm in 3rd gear the whole time as i'm in M mode, i clearly see M3 the whole time until going to 4th.
    You can remove "Fuel LPFP (REQ)". However, if you're ABSOLUTELY sure it's in 3rd the whole time i really don't know where to go from there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can remove "Fuel LPFP (REQ)". However, if you're ABSOLUTELY sure it's in 3rd the whole time i really don't know where to go from there.
    Yea it is. I'll remove that channel to make sure is logging 3rd gear in the log.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're right Rader1. After logging several runs today I found out that it was down sifting to 2 fora sec and then back to 3rd.
    The trick is to gradually raise the TPS to 100 and not go full WOT. Everytime I would go full wot around 2400-2800 rpm it would go into 2nd gear and then back to 3rd gear. I guess is an 6AT thing. But here are my logs so you can see the difference. You'll notice my TPS gradually go to 80% instead of right away after 2600 RPM.

Anyone else have this problem logging with an automatic?

datalog3.txt
    datalog4.txt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're right Rader1. After logging several runs today I found out that it was down sifting to 2 fora sec and then back to 3rd.
    The trick is to gradually raise the TPS to 100 and not go full WOT. Everytime I would go full wot around 2400-2800 rpm it would go into 2nd gear and then back to 3rd gear. I guess is an 6AT thing. But here are my logs so you can see the difference. You'll notice my TPS gradually go to 80% instead of right away after 2600 RPM.

Awesome man, glad you got it sorted outClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just get comfortable finding how far the peddle needs to be pressed to be 100% throttle without hitting the kick down OR install a kickdown stopper (prevents any accidents from happening). I usually start my log (Manual mode, DSC off) ~2,000 RPMs, start data logging with the AP and then hammer it. That way I get a complete log from 2.5k-6/6.5k RPMs.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Just get comfortable finding how far the peddle needs to be pressed to be 100% throttle without hitting the kick down OR install a kickdown stopper (prevents any accidents from happening). I usually start my log (Manual mode, DSC off) ~2,000 RPMs, start data logging with the AP and then hammer it. That way I get a complete log from 2.5k-6/6.5k RPMs.
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I would always go down after the kick down to go wide open throttle (pedal to the medal sort of speak). I think anyone driving their car over 50k miles should know where the limit on the pedel is before the kick down. Are you saying that I can just (DSC off, engage to Manual mode, select 3rd gear, 2300 rpm, start AP logging, and go to 100% throttle from lets' say 21-23% tps) as long as I don't go into the kick down mode?

So basically the kick-down mode is what's making the 6AT shift from 3rd ->2nd back to 3rd?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I would always go down after the kick down to go wide open throttle (pedal to the medal sort of speak). I think anyone driving their car over 50k miles should know where the limit on the pedel is before the kick down. Are you saying that I can just (DSC off, engage to Manual mode, select 3rd gear, 2300 rpm, start AP logging, and go to 100% throttle from lets' say 21-23% tps) as long as I don't go into the kick down mode?

So basically the kick-down mode is what's making the 6AT shift from 3rd ->2nd back to 3rd?
    Yea, what you're really looking for is a for a log with maintained, 100% throttle (maintained 80.98 value in the TPS Act or 99.61 Accel Ped. Pos) from 2.5/2.75k to 6.2/6.5k.

By just flooring the throttle, you're actually damaging the TQ converter by forcing a rough downshift at WOT. It's also creating a "dirty" log because you're probably going from ~3k RPMs in 3rd, to 5k RPMs in 2nd, and back to 3rd gear now ~4.5k RPMs. You're def not catching enough data in the short window of engine activity in a specific gear, to properly determine that the engine isn't running healthy.

I always aim to get 4 clean logs when I take data -- 2 logs in a specific gear (3rd gear, like I said start logging ~2 RPMs, and get on the throttle until you're about to hit the kickdown) and then 2 logs going from 3rd into most of 4th (this way you can confirm your post shift timing is running as intended).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

datalog3.txt
    datalog4.txt
    This bro! Believe me it's well worth it! It's the kick down. You can feel the button, try it yourself, with car off push the pedal with your hand. It's about 5/16" spacer. Double check with your AP with TPS to show 100% before logging.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @AltecBX,

Essentially you can do WOT without worrying about the kick down. Clean good logs, WOT at 2500 with AT.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    This bro! Believe me it's well worth it! It's the kick down. You can feel the button, try it yourself, with car off push the pedal with your hand. It's about 5/16" spacer. Double check with your AP with TPS to show 100% before logging.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...fb2839f7-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...ce2e6f98-1.jpg
    @AltecBX ,

Essentially you can do WOT without worrying about the kick down. Clean good logs, WOT at 2500 with AT.
    You the manClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You the man

Hey thanks brothah!

@rader1

but seriously though, I saw this on E90 post a while back, which inspired me when doing the Etune. Made it so much easier. You may want to put a note on your OP, may help out a lot of new AT data loggers. My temporary solution works fine for me. The one I saw on E90 was a clean fixed solution.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey thanks brothah!

@rader1

but seriously though, I saw this on E90 post a while back, which inspired me when doing the Etune. Made it so much easier. You may want to put a note on your OP, may help out a lot of new AT data loggers. My temporary solution works fine for me. The one I saw on E90 was a clean fixed solution.
    I wish i could. Unfortunately, after ~10 minutes you can't edit posts here Click here to enlarge

Hopefully if people look through the thread they'll see your pics.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish i could. Unfortunately, after ~10 minutes you can't edit posts here

Hopefully if people look through the thread they'll see your pics.

True that..

hows that stage two coming along... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True that..

hows that stage two coming along... Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully i'll have some good news/updates to post late tomorrow
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast