Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Crank Pulley FTL

First one ? Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

how the fack did that happen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Whoever put that engine back together didn't do something right..either didn't torque the bolts right or something..shredding that alternator belt 3x already every 30,000km is a give away that something just didn't sit right in there...sucks man, $#@! happens, what can you do Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

well suddenly i lost servo and battery so basically the belt got shredded (third time) This time the crank pulley was the problem... Probably they did not torque the bolts right when they rebuilt the engine.... Now the chain might got damaged so they need to open up and check plus the ring around the crank must be replaced. hopefully no damages to the seal .
    Insurance FTW though :-) No car for a month...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Major bummer! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    well suddenly i lost servo and battery so basically the belt got shredded (third time) This time the crank pulley was the problem... Probably they did not torque the bolts right when they rebuilt the engine.... Now the chain might got damaged so they need to open up and check plus the ring around the crank must be replaced. hopefully no damages to the seal .
    Insurance FTW though :-) No car for a month...
    If chain got damaged then who knows what else went internally..if insurance is covering it i'd just get a new motor in there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

enrita usted tiene muy mala suerte,espero que todo salga bien ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

si , espero esto es el ultimo problemo haha, congrats on the EM win , i hate you haha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Damn that sucks. You my friend need a new mechanic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Geezus, I hope nothing else was badly damaged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I spent a few months at work learning/doing failure analysis and i can almost guarantee that's a result of bolts not being torqued and backing out.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Was there any contact with the subframe? Some of the 07s, mine included, had a subframe that occasionally made contact with the crank pulley causing the belt to tear prematurely or complete crank pulley failure.

This happened to me after repeated belt issues, but hasn't happened again since my front subframe was replaced/updated. Just a thought, but there is a tsb about it somewhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Damn, the bolts have not been fastened as they should. The shop that performed the work should cover the cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

sucks dude. must have been scary! i know when i shredded my belt a little while back it sure was, and i had to replace the front main seal because a piece of the shrapnel got caught in there upon shredding most likely, or shortly after as the engine still ran. crank pulley was undamaged but the idler pulley needed to be replaced because the belt ate into it. $#@! happens to everyone but man you have had some $#@! fall your way...
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ken_C Click here to enlarge
    Was there any contact with the subframe? Some of the 07s, mine included, had a subframe that occasionally made contact with the crank pulley causing the belt to tear prematurely or complete crank pulley failure.

This happened to me after repeated belt issues, but hasn't happened again since my front subframe was replaced/updated. Just a thought, but there is a tsb about it somewhere.
    is the servo pulley that touches the subframe brakes and tear apart the belt. my servo pulley was fine and could not see this time any touching but will have the shop inspect that carefully.
    I seriously dont want this to happen again , my belt shredded 3 times!!!
    Last edited by enrita; 07-10-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I seriously dont want this to happen again , my belt shredded 3 times!!!
    3x? What happened the first 2 times?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    3x? What happened the first 2 times?
    first time one of the pully broke and shredded the belt, second time not sure if pulley caused the failure but belt shredded.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Really sorry for you my friend. A real PITA that your car is so unreliable.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Really sorry for you my friend. A real PITA that your car is so unreliable.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    yeah and exactly when the car started to run really good on cobb with the help of PTF
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

yeah and exactly when the car started to run really good on cobb with the help of PTF
    Are you still stacking JB4 on top?
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Are you still stacking JB4 on top?
    nope , have been running cobb past couple of weeks and tested some maps i got from PTF.
    before was using jb4 G5 only.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

nope , have been running cobb past couple of weeks and tested some maps i got from PTF.
    before was using jb4 G5 only.
    Ok.

It'll be very interesting to see how "COBB only" works on the next airfield event the 25th of August! Click here to enlarge
    How much are you boosting now?

BTW, do you have any new Vbox logs to share with your new PTF maps?
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Ok.

It'll be very interesting to see how "COBB only" works on the next airfield event the 25th of August! Click here to enlarge

yeah will see if the car is ready though.
    we just started testing before of course disaster stroke so low boost and no vbox.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Ok.

I hope @enrita can get his car 100% before then. Would love to see you guys run again.