Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No

    How Fast Does a DCT Shift ?

    For those of you interested in a DCT BMW car, here is back seat view...enjoy. HD recommended




    Note: The DME is not shifting for me. I am shifting manually and the launch was done manually. Nothing was DME dectated. Had full control over traction ie I am able to feather the launch, shift at any safe point in the RPM band at will.

    Mods:

    • RENNtech powered DCT 335iS
    • Dinan FMIC
    • Dinan Free Flow Exhaust
    • aFe Stage 2 Elite CAI (Custom Sealed)
    • CP-e Highflow Catted Downpipes (Custom installed by RENNtech)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    DCT sucks at launching.
    what was that run?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    DCT sucks at launching.
    what was that run?
    ET 12.2 @ 113mph w/ 1.95 60'

    21 Above Sea level
    85 Ambient temps
    70% Realtive Humity

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    FBO and trapped 113?

    Not sure what to say about that....Maybe u need catless downpipes... or it just needs to cool off.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    should put him about 370hp

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    FBO and trapped 113?

    Not sure what to say about that....Maybe u need catless downpipes... or it just needs to cool off.
    I just had the DPs installed the same day of the video and I went directly to the track from the RENNtech shop. Adaptation was not settled in yet

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    should put him about 370hp
    Pre CP-e downpipes I was at 384 whp, 429 wtq on a mustang dyno in 93

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Does RennTech have a race gas map? If they do, I would give that a shot...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Does RennTech have a race gas map? If they do, I would give that a shot...
    You would have to contact them about that, I am sure they are able to do it but your looking at extra costs

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    You would have to contact them about that, I am sure they are able to do it but your looking at extra costs
    I was talking about you lol since you are a RennTech pioneer... I am a piggy and E85 man...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Moved to S65.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to S65.
    its a 335is DCT fool

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its a 335is DCT fool
    Moved to N54 then.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I was talking about you lol since you are a RennTech pioneer... I am a piggy and E85 man...
    Oh IC, I feel I dont need it. I will stick with the stock DME fuel maps

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -256.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What sucks about N54 and DCT combo is with tune and intake you go beyond the clutches limit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    What sucks about N54 and DCT combo is with tune and intake you go beyond the clutches limit.

    I disagree...I'm a FBO running 16.5 psi and no slippage or issue's after 5000Km's

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -256.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    I disagree...I'm a FBO running 16.5 psi and no slippage or issue's after 5000Km's
    Of course you won't face problems in 5000 Km but you are way over the 450 lb-ft / 600 NM which is what the DCT is rated at. In long term, you will have some issues.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Is it the same DCT as in the M3?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,928
    Rep Points
    2,821.0
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Is it the same DCT as in the M3?
    yep.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,928
    Rep Points
    2,821.0
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So @BuraQ, when you say that you shifted manually, do you mean to tell me that you are manually engaging your clutch, and physically changing the gear lever? I think its a little bit overstated to claim you are shifting manually. I undestand you have a tricky launch technique, but lets not pretend that its hard work to pull a lever to change gear. In the end, the DME is still shifting, using your input. I dont understand why you keep trying to grandstand about how hard it is to drive/launch a DCT car?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The DCT has 8ms shifts IIRC.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,676
    Rep Points
    3,291.4
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The DCT has 8ms shifts IIRC.
    I wonder how much time is lost from going full load+shift with dropped load+full load again with the DCT...anyone have a log?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I wonder how much time is lost from going full load+shift with dropped load+full load again with the DCT...anyone have a log?
    Ive driven in a Cobb 335is FBO stage2+FMIC and the logs show that it trims throttle during the shift; nothing is done with boost or timing.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,676
    Rep Points
    3,291.4
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Ive driven in a Cobb 335is FBO stage2+FMIC and the logs show that it trims throttle during the shift; nothing is done with boost or timing.
    If its trimming throttle that means its using its boost "control" there. I wonder why BMW chose mechanical type control that impacts load/boost applied to the motor in between shifts instead of much faster electrical using timing advance. At the same time maybe they just didn't care about squeezing another couple milliseconds out of it like we do Click here to enlarge

    If anyone has a multi gear WOT log of a DCT car showing timing, boost, tps, rpm I'd love to see it

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    So @BuraQ , when you say that you shifted manually, do you mean to tell me that you are manually engaging your clutch, and physically changing the gear lever?
    Interesting.....I would only expect someone whom lacks knowledge of DCT to ask such a hidious question. What part of "....Nothing was DME dectated...." in the application of DCT does that mean ?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I think its a little bit overstated to claim you are shifting manually.
    Its self defined.....wasnt aware I was addressing kids still in highschool

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I undestand you have a tricky launch technique, but lets not pretend that its hard work to pull a lever to change gear.
    Its not hard work at all when you have foreknowledge of when to shift to achieve the best times.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    In the end, the DME is still shifting, using your input.
    I made it very clear the DME dectated nothing. You do know what the word dectate means do you ?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I dont understand why you keep trying to grandstand about how hard it is to drive/launch a DCT car?
    Seems you have migrated our previous disagreement on this topic over to this thread. When you have learnt how to successfully and affectively launch a DCT 335iS then we can talk of the comaprison to that on MT launch.

    The reason why we are so successful in launching this car is because of previous MT foreknowledge in launching and applying it to DCT as a hybrid technique.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    If its trimming throttle that means its using its boost "control" there. I wonder why BMW chose mechanical type control that impacts load/boost applied to the motor in between shifts instead of much faster electrical using timing advance. At the same time maybe they just didn't care about squeezing another couple milliseconds out of it like we do Click here to enlarge

    If anyone has a multi gear WOT log of a DCT car showing timing, boost, tps, rpm I'd love to see it
    I maybe able to help with this I think. What is TPS ? Which boost do you want MAP or actual turbo boost minus barometric pressure ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •