Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

About to buy a 08 M5..am I getting a good deal?

Hey guys, like the title says Im thinking of buying a 08 SMG M5 with 49k miles. Theyre giving me a 7yr/100k mile drivetrain warranty, also the car has a Tubi Exhaust and theyre shipping it to me for free. The price right now is $43,800. Payments would be around $589..do you guys think Im getting a good deal? Any input would be greatly appreciated..Also not sure if it makes a difference but Im trading in my truck and theyre giving me top dollar for the trade in based on NADA values, plus they want an additional $2500 down..what do you all think? Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

where are you getting it from? whats the KBB value on it? im not a bog fan of buying cars w/o drivin them first

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

$2500 down? From where i'm come from, this is a well known fact that things don't come cheap unless there is something wrong about them. If i were you, i would drive the car then show it to a trusted mechanic to check it.

Also make sure that the clutch is replaced or it's in good shape. The clutch itself is not expensive, but it's the cost labor that is high for SMG's. But if you are good with tools, you can do it yourself and save some cash.

Good luck Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Not bad for an 08. I've seen them go for 35k around here for 07 with that many miles.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    $2500 down? From where i'm come from, this is a well known fact that things don't come cheap unless there is something wrong about them. If i were you, i would drive the car then show it to a trusted mechanic to check it.

Good luck Click here to enlarge
    Thats what i was thinking, not the 2500 down part, but the ease to get a "great deal"

is a dealership or used dealer? get the vin and we'll see if someone can get the history on it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies guys...I saw the carfax and everyting was clean and checked out..I'm also a little skeptical about buying it without driving it but I bought my truck from out of state and it was perfect..so from what it sounds like im getting a decent deal just gotta make sure the car is in good shape, which I think it is...thanks for theadvice guys, much appreciated..if I get it ill post pick as soon as I get it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

btw..getting it from arkansas, kbb is 46k and my brother works at a dealership so we pulled the vin and its clean and I'm getting it from a dealeship

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

if everything checks out, then sure why not.. i got mine from an auction so i cant really talk about not driving, but a deal is a deal, if everything looks legit, go for it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cool thanks guys ill post pics I think I'm going to get it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Moved to 5 Series -> E60
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale