E39 M5 with 2JZ-GTE

Blasphemy:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It might be blashepmy, but I still fukin love it!! lol. I would so rock that car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

was bound to happen, they're dropping these into anything and everything
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    It might be blashepmy, but I still fukin love it!! lol. I would so rock that car.
    I would too. If I could do a dream swap I would probably put it in a Z8... then again, an LS7 might be badass in there.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would too. If I could do a dream swap I would probably put it in a Z8... then again, an LS7 might be badass in there.
    Yeah, nothing wrong with an ls7 either! lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stay tuned......Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Stay tuned......Click here to enlarge
    For???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An e39 m5 making big 2jz power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That motor fits in there pretty well.That company does things really well as far as I have seen.They have an eye for detail which you do not see in a whole lot of shops.I still like my double over head cam V8 ,but that 2JZ looks pretty good sitting in the engine bay...A bunch easier as well to build that straight six,let me tell ya....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11 Click here to enlarge
    That motor fits in there pretty well.That company does things really well as far as I have seen.They have an eye for detail which you do not see in a whole lot of shops.I still like my double over head cam V8 ,but that 2JZ looks pretty good sitting in the engine bay...A bunch easier as well to build that straight six,let me tell ya....
    Any idea what the cost on this swap is? I think it may be getting more and more popular.

Looks like I may need an engine swap section soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Any idea what the cost on this swap is? I think it may be getting more and more popular.

Looks like I may need an engine swap section soon.
    12K ? I thought is what I heard.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

for 12k that isnt bad, but I would rather have a lsx swapped in. Then turbo that. WEEEeeeeeeeeeeee Hi 5
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The initial cost is more then $12k, but by the time you sell your s62 and transmission you are close to the $12k mark. And again it depends on how crazy you want to get with the build. The guys at E-shift are super cool and they know their stuff. They have done 4 e39 builds so far, and are just finishing up a sick touring.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by 930chas; 08-17-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ total sleeper

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The initial cost is more then $12k, but by the time you sell your s62 and transmission you are close to the $12k mark. And again it depends on how crazy you want to get with the build. The guys at E-shift are super cool and they know their stuff. They have done 4 e39 builds so far, and are just finishing up a sick touring.
    I guess that is what I heard.Still cheaper than building the BMW V8 to the hilt.The last S62 built cost about 25K for the engine I believe.....
    I talked to one of the guys up there and he was a nice as he could be and I really like their work.They seem to think of everything down to the last nut and bolt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can get a BMW V8 fully bult for alot less than $25k. I would rather see a fully built/sleeved M62 with 1 or 2 turbos. M62 are better for FI than S62 because of wall thickness. Of cousrse that is my and other tech's opinion only. I would go turbo, but it is so much more easier space wise and less $$$$ with a S/C system. Maybe that will be stage4. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Are they just doing E39 stuff?

How cool would it be to see an AWD BMW with this motor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I can get a BMW V8 fully bult for alot less than $25k. I would rather see a fully built/sleeved M62 with 1 or 2 turbos. M62 are better for FI than S62 because of wall thickness. Of cousrse that is my and other tech's opinion only. I would go turbo, but it is so much more easier space wise and less $$$$ with a S/C system. Maybe that will be stage4. Click here to enlarge
    That is usually the case with the "M" blocks vs. "S." Even the M50 and M52 are supposedly better due to the block material.

I don't think we have seen a turbo M62 and I don't even know if there is a solid running turbo S62 setup out there. The 2JZ is more tried and true in this regard. I'm with you on keeping the BMW heart though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are they just doing E39 stuff?

How cool would it be to see an AWD BMW with this motor?
    They have done that e36 and also an e30 as well. An AWD BMW with this motor would be a year round stomper!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is usually the case with the "M" blocks vs. "S." Even the M50 and M52 are supposedly better due to the block material.

I don't think we have seen a turbo M62 and I don't even know if there is a solid running turbo S62 setup out there. The 2JZ is more tried and true in this regard. I'm with you on keeping the BMW heart though.
    S62 and M62 are both ALUSIL material,no difference.The Bore diameter is the only difference.They both have to be sleeved to be boosted if one decides to go beyond 8 PSI or so for longevity of life of the block.There was or is one guy in upstate NY that did a turbo on a M62 ,but he got stuck because of the TUNE.HPF tried a bit with a S62 turbo ,but dropped the idea as Jimmy said too expensive and most likely not a whole lot of people would pay the price.There are not that many people willing to pay the price for a high power M5 setup with a SC.
    I still think the E-Shift guys had a good answer and a really clean install....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11 Click here to enlarge
    S62 and M62 are both ALUSIL material,no difference.The Bore diameter is the only difference.They both have to be sleeved to be boosted if one decides to go beyond 8 PSI or so for longevity of life of the block.There was or is one guy in upstate NY that did a turbo on a M62 ,but he got stuck because of the TUNE.HPF tried a bit with a S62 turbo ,but dropped the idea as Jimmy said too expensive and most likely not a whole lot of people would pay the price.There are not that many people willing to pay the price for a high power M5 setup with a SC.
    I still think the E-Shift guys had a good answer and a really clean install....
    The material is the same but with the smaller bore there is more of it. You don't have to sleeve necessarily, but you should if you are going for big boost.

Yes, HPF dropped it and it was the right decision. Once they recoup their investment cost on the S54 and it is all profit they may have many to pursue fun things like an S62 turbo.

I would like to see the S62 twin turbo'd personally, but there are some nice Discovery Automotive builds with SC's.

The E-shift solution seems to be nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

They have done 4 e39 builds so far, and are just finishing up a sick touring.
    Seems the E39 is the most popular, I wonder if newer models are possible or if the electronics become a roadblock?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems the E39 is the most popular, I wonder if newer models are possible or if the electronics become a roadblock?
    Actually, in general, the e36 has been the most popular which kind of surprises me.. It seems like the e36 guys have a ton of options for big power whereas the e39 guys really don't thus making the 2jz a nice alternative.

I don't know. The guy doing their wiring is supposed to really know his stuff, but the newer cars do have some crazy electronics on them. I know everything in the e39 works except for oil temp gauge and sport button.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The material is the same but with the smaller bore there is more of it. You don't have to sleeve necessarily, but you should if you are going for big boost.

Yes, HPF dropped it and it was the right decision. Once they recoup their investment cost on the S54 and it is all profit they may have many to pursue fun things like an S62 turbo.

I would like to see the S62 twin turbo'd personally, but there are some nice Discovery Automotive builds with SC's.

The E-shift solution seems to be nice.
    I do not want to get into another pissing contest regarding Discaovery Automotive, but I know first hand the bull$#@! they deliver. Every S/C BMW that has come out of D/A needs alot of work, either tuning or what-not. Why you would praise D/A and piss on RMS is beyond me. I have seen with my own eyes the complete $#@! job foe over $100,000 that D/A charged a close friend of mine. AND, he had to have the engine completely rebuilt, along with a new clutch. This is right after he picked the car up. D/A aka, Shadowman, aka Bill Knobloch, has like 7 lawsuits against him, from Texas to California. The moral of the story? There are few tuners/shops that please every single customer. Moreover, D/A works out of his garage. It seems one has to pick the shop that "rips" them off the least. I am being alittle glib, but you get my drift. Sorry for the OT and rant. The Supra is an oustanding engine, in a Supra.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Actually, in general, the e36 has been the most popular which kind of surprises me.. It seems like the e36 guys have a ton of options for big power whereas the e39 guys really don't thus making the 2jz a nice alternative.
    The E36 has been more popular for the 2JZ swap? I thought it was stated they have done 4 E39's and 1 E36?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast