318 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Reagan, again

well. there ya go liberal $#@!s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Not a fan of liberals eh...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh Reagan...
    A real man of the people...

Tripling national debt, the country's biggest businesses went on the largest merger-binge in history, meaning more control of the economy in fewer hands. Multi-billion dollar corporate war-chests were assembled to finance takeovers of large oil and coal companies, communications giants, and prestigious financial institutions. Not to mention the complete, epic failure of his war on drugs.

Lost marine what are liberal $#@!s?

This is one of my favorite Reagan memes.
    Can't believe I ever shook his hand.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwm3gt Click here to enlarge
    Can't believe I ever shook his hand.
    How did that come about?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

According to a 1996 study from the Cato Institute:

• On 8 of the 10 key economic variables examined, the American economy performed better during the Reagan years than during the pre- and post-Reagan years.
    • Real median family income grew by $4,000 during the Reagan period after experiencing no growth in the pre-Reagan years; it experienced a loss of almost $1,500 in the post-Reagan years.
    • Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment fell faster under Reagan than they did immediately before or after his presidency.
    • The only economic variable that was worse in the Reagan period than in both the pre- and post-Reagan years was the savings rate, which fell rapidly in the 1980s.

Stephen Moore of the Cato Institute stated that "no act in the last quarter century had a more profound impact on the US economy of the eighties and nineties than the Reagan tax cut of 1981." He claims that Reagan's tax cuts, combined with an emphasis on federal monetary policy, deregulation, and expansion of free trade created a sustained economic expansion creating America's greatest sustained wave of prosperity ever. He also claims that the American economy grew by more than a third in size, producing a $15 trillion increase in American wealth. Consumer and investor confidence soared. Cutting federal income taxes, cutting the US government spending budget, cutting useless programs, scaling down the government work force, maintaining low interest rates, and keeping a watchful inflation hedge on the monetary supply was Ronald Reagan's formula for a successful economic turnaround.
    In a speech by Milton Friedman to the Cato Institute:, Friedman states that "Reaganomics had four simple principles: lower marginal tax rates, less regulation, restrained government spending, noninflationary monetary policy. Though Reagan did not achieve all of his goals, he made good progress." This is why entrepreneurs flourished under Reaganomics: lower tax rates and inflation coupled with less regulation favored improved environments for market-based funding, risk-taking, access to labor (leading to greater employment), and a more level playing field between these entrepreneurs and large corporations. Illustrating this, the Heritage Foundation: states that this is why "the U.S. government must allow the entrepreneur to enjoy the rewards of success. If taxes take away most profit, then the entrepreneur will have less incentive to take a risk. If there are great restrictions on how the entrepreneur can use his profit, then there is little reason for the entrepreneur to take a risk. The entrepreneur's courage to take a risk is what leads to new American discoveries and what drives the U.S. economy forward. Reaganomics knows this. It is one of the reasons why Ronald Reagan has reduced American taxes dramatically".

I guess facts dont sit well with liberals huh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry, bad joke.

It was meant to incite you, just a little bit.

You shouldn't harbor so much hate against opposing ideologies. Instead you should understand them, rationally break them down, and not get carried away by the political polorization of bipartisan politics. Remember, politics is a vehicle for ideaologies to manifest into reality and that politicians/political parties will tell you anything in order to increase their amount of votes. Instead of retreating into political dogma, you should look at the opposing viewpoints and come up with your own conclusions. Weigh out everything for yourself. Don't just simply brush somebody off as a dumb liberal. You don't see me simply calling others, who I don't even know, conservative $#@!s. I try to understand, all the while, respecting others ideas. I understand that other people have different ideologies built up from a lifetime of different experiences. For example, I think you're a pretty cool guy and I appreciate the work you've done with the n54. Thank you. (also Terry)

That's pretty much all I have to say.

By the way...

It seems like you checked out my profile recently and, coincidentally, someone neg-rep'd me on another thread where I ccmmented on a beer choice. I'm sure it wasn't you, but my guess is that it's someone in the forums who really hates Kirin Ichiban beer. I don't know why because it's a pretty good beer.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How did that come about?
    Well let's just say I was an aspiring student at the time and he wanted some good press.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here we go! I jumped in on one of these once for now ill just watch. FWIW ichiban is not beer...if u pissed in a beer bottle and tried to ferment it and failed you could sell it as ichiban. Full disclosure I love Reagan...and Belgian beer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Everyone knows that socialized medicine is immoral to all of humanity, even liberals know that and they even admit it. Socialized medicine is an awful thing, it's just politically incorrect to disagree with liberals nowadays.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge