Close

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Suspension is my next investment...that and searching for some used rb's :-)

I expected this kit to be more....look at the price of m3 supercharger kits, the BMW tax blows
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why doesn't someone just buy the kit for 6750 and tune it using Cobb. He's not forcing anyone to buy a procede with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Youre comparing 6MT results to 6AT results. I think everyone can agree the auto is much easier to get off the line than a manual. At least those who actually owned N54 with both transmissions. From a roll the single turbo will absolutely rape an RB turbo car. Even @dzenno could only scrap by a 7.59 with weight reduction 60-130.

I am all but certain an auto single turbo will run 10s with very little drama.
    no, im talking from years of experience and owning a 500+hp, 10 second capable, RB turbo'd car. It will prove itself in time when a few of these hit the streets and show less than RB worthy results. You need to stop comparing what you can and cant do from lackluster shifting and underperforming cars (2) to what they are capable of when properly driven.

dzenno did 7.5 as well as only 126mph maxed if i recall. i did 127 with a $#@! trans on 19 psi, later did 126 on pump/meth 17.5 psi and a misfire shifting into 4th. Knowing how to do 60-130's now i can safely say I know what the car can do, just unfortunbate i didnt get to do it. and RB car can 130+ in the 1/4, and well into 6.'s 60-130 in the same setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Have you been able to take a ride in a 335i with suspension mods? It's really a night and day difference. There's a difference between "perfectly drivable, pulling lovely (in a straight line)" and "actually fast", especially out of corners Click here to enlarge

I remember that when I got the E92, I was amazed how handling was improved over my old E46. But as you progressively drive closer to the car's limit, you'll notice the suspension deficiencies more and more. Take it to a racetrack, and it's even more striking. The good part is that we can put on so many parts from the M3 which keeps costs reasonable.

Point is, anyone serious about modding the 335i should be aware that power mods are only 50% of the equation. Otherwise you're missing out big time ont how much fun this car can actually be Click here to enlarge
    Actually, yes, it was stiff, utterly disgusting and made the car rattle like a cheap ford in my neck of the woods. Not to mention, NYC has some of the worst roads in the world and one pothole can be a bone-jarring and expensive mistake.

To each their own. I prefer the stock suspension for daily driver duty in NYC and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no, im talking from years of experience and owning a 500+hp, 10 second capable, RB turbo'd car. It will prove itself in time when a few of these hit the streets and show less than RB worthy results. You need to stop comparing what you can and cant do from lackluster shifting and underperforming cars (2) to what they are capable of when properly driven.

dzenno did 7.5 as well as only 126mph maxed if i recall. i did 127 with a $#@! trans on 19 psi, later did 126 on pump/meth 17.5 psi and a misfire shifting into 4th. Knowing how to do 60-130's now i can safely say I know what the car can do, just unfortunbate i didnt get to do it. and RB car can 130+ in the 1/4, and well into 6.'s 60-130 in the same setup.
    If you want to get nitpicky, he trapped 126.6 at a slow reading track. His vbox trap was 128mph. And again, you're avoiding the main point which is you're comparing a manual to an auto. The former you have no experience with.

Lets wait for a few of these single turbo 6AT cars to make it to the track before we pass judgment. I surmise they will all run 10s with very little issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    From E90
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Enjoy trolling the site and bragging elsewhere eh? Next infraction results in permanent ban and making another account to circumvent ban also results in permaban.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 10-02-2012, 01:00 PM

Guess Shiv did some whining about questions he did not want asked infront of the kids.Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

lol another JB4 user banned from e90post. Shocking! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335ili Click here to enlarge
    Why doesn't someone just buy the kit for 6750 and tune it using Cobb. He's not forcing anyone to buy a procede with it.
    Actually he is, i have asked about a hardware only option in the past and he proclaimed a big fat negative. I just asked again on E90post, we'll see what he says this time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    From E90
    Enjoy trolling the site and bragging elsewhere eh? Next infraction results in permanent ban and making another account to circumvent ban also results in permaban.

Guess Shiv did some whining about questions he did not want asked infront of the kids.Click here to enlarge
    Damn, makes my one month e90post ban seem like a slap on the wrist. That only came after 4 infractions. I guess Jason likes me or something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Actually he is, i have asked about a hardware only option in the past and he proclaimed a big fat negative. I just asked again on E90post, we'll see what he says this time.
    That was in the past though, the Vishnu site does not say anywhere that the "optional" parts are a must.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Damn, makes my one month e90post ban seem like a slap on the wrist. That only came after 4 infractions. I guess Jason likes me or something.
    I expect the reality of building a 10 second car on a pure stock suspension was something he did not want to talk about. I might have punched a hole in the $6750 kool aid bucket. Wonder if the posts none of which were really harsh were deleted?
    Kevin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Several of them were deleted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was in the past though, the Vishnu site does not say anywhere that the "optional" parts are a must.
    right, it has "required" parts and "optional" tuning is "required" as well as meth kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I expect the reality of building a 10 second car on a pure stock suspension was something he did not want to talk about. I might have punched a hole in the $6750 kool aid bucket. Wonder if the posts none of which were really harsh were deleted?
    I don't see what the big deal is. Some people only like doing highway pulls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    right, it has "required" parts and "optional" tuning is "required" as well as meth kit
    Bottom line, u can buy the manifold, turbo and external hardware for 6750. Is it overpriced? Yes. Will it work for those who want to use other tuning solutions? Not out of the box.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just buy the PROcede with the turbo kit and then sell the PROcede. It shouldnt be locked, but there might be some catch since it was meant to for his single kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't see what the big deal is. Some people only like doing highway pulls.
    I think the big deal is all his posing & posting & bragging has been about the big 10 second world record. The world record is the whole justification of his marketing thrust.

Without a suspension he will just sit on the line with terminal wheel hop till an axle breaks. I had to ask in the post that got me banned if a pure stock suspension is OK according to him why did he buy bullet proof axles along with a set of back up ones. Not to mention his LSD & full drag slicks etc.

Thing is with all the 600+WHP brags its not a stationary engine driving an electrical generator, it one component of an automotive system that has to work in harmony to accomplish anything worthwhile. Being well short of a worthwhile ET his current 1/4 mile “world record” time should be a pointer that something is wrong & its not the lack of WHP.
    Kevin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bottom line, u can buy the manifold, turbo and external hardware for 6750. Is it overpriced? Yes. Will it work for those who want to use other tuning solutions? Not out of the box.
    It's $8000 if you want to fully mate it to your OEM exhaust. And the turbo itself is $1600 retail. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    well, tuning drama aside, i actually think that $6750 for a manifold, turbo, and aux components is a pretty good deal. i paid almost that much for a honda k20z1 full-race turbo kit back in the day, and it didn't include tuning, either.

i will say that those people thinking that you can just pop on a 600-whp capable turbo kit to a stock car have some in-depth research to complete. i slipped my clutch with stock turbo's; i can only imagine what 600+ whp would do to the stock drivetrain. no vendor that i'm aware of makes a turbo kit that more than doubles horsepower output on a stock engine, and does so with everything else stock.

myst- i'm with you, i don't track my car around curves. highway pulls up to 130-140 are about the most fun i put my car into.

trufus- lol i got banned for my comments to you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you think his kit is a great deal, you should call Shiv up and give him your credit card number today. If you are not in the market for a kit, your opinion on what a great deal is, or is not, is pretty meaningless.

If I remember correctly, Honda K series engines were naturally aspirated engines. That would require that you change/add a crapload of parts to convert it to a turbo. Since the N54 is already a turbo, we only need a few parts to make the conversion. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, and therefore meaningless.

I would also like to clarify, I am not attempting to slam Shiv, I am just sick of people that are not in the market for a product, comment on what someone in the market should be willing to pay.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335ili Click here to enlarge
    I don't think it is that simple. If any tune worked Shiv would have nothing here as he would be cut out very quickly. We obviously don't have all the info but there is a reason this has taken so long and that Vishnu is the only one with multiple failures from other parties.

Whatever he is doing he obviously does not intend to make it easy for everyone else to circumvent. It will come with time. The sooner the better.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From E90

Sad, what shiv has done to that site.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Sad, what shiv has done to that site.
    He's just a part of the problem. It's really Jason.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think it is that simple. If any tune worked Shiv would have nothing here as he would be cut out very quickly. We obviously don't have all the info but there is a reason this has taken so long and that Vishnu is the only one with multiple failures from other parties.

Whatever he is doing he obviously does not intend to make it easy for everyone else to circumvent. It will come with time. The sooner the better.
    While I agree it will be better for the community in the long run if everyone understands what is going on with the single turbo tune, so that there can be multiple competing tunes and turbo kits, it's not reasonable for Shiv or any other tuner to figure stuff out then post a how-to for everyone to copy. He's entitled to profit such as he can off his work.

If it were easy to figure out, everyone would be doing it. Whatever personal issues you guys may have with Shiv (I'm new to this community, so I'm not privy to it), it just wouldn't make good business sense for him to just tell everyone how he has done it. Can someone give me the history so I know what the fuss is about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    While I agree it will be better for the community in the long run if everyone understands what is going on with the single turbo tune, so that there can be multiple competing tunes and turbo kits, it's not reasonable for Shiv or any other tuner to figure stuff out then post a how-to for everyone to copy. He's entitled to profit such as he can off his work.

If it were easy to figure out, everyone would be doing it. Whatever personal issues you guys may have with Shiv (I'm new to this community, so I'm not privy to it), it just wouldn't make good business sense for him to just tell everyone how he has done it. Can someone give me the history so I know what the fuss is about?
    grab a 6 pack and search Terry335 on e90post.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast