Close

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RB 335 Vs....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    Nope my friend Alex owns the ESS car, he doesnt post online. I have the 996tt.
    Well, you should get him to start posting online. I believe I messaged you a while back to post details on his car here, glad to see you finally made it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wasn't "stuck" anywhere. I told arkady who set this up that I was going to be coming out for sure late in the evening ....since I was about an hour away. I came at around 11:15pm and you guys were gone, we were out running until 2am. Also the run with the M3 was never confirmed since he went overnight camping for couple days with kids right after Steve met him at Fabspeed, he is also not one of the "sunday night fun regulars" and hardly ever races that car.

Alex is good people and is not after internet fame and it seems that's what this is about for you, I didn’t really get that impression from you when we met.

We'll bring the M3 out for ya, no worries. BTW this car runs on pump gas only that's if you really wanna have a fair internet popularity contest - wouldn't that make sense Click here to enlarge

very scared. bring sticky tires. don't wanna hear the typical 100mph burnout excuses Click here to enlarge no time for burnouts in a 1/4 mile race. i run a light, i run it RWD just like you guys. i run pump 93, to be fair i will run tire of your choice, wanna do street tires or drag radials just let me know.

if you can ... meet me tonight @ 11
    Wawa Food Market 2250 Lincoln Hwy, Feastervl Trvs, PA 19053-6814

whoa whoa whao, man like i said all i know is what he told me. your cool, we're cool. i dont wanna bring drama to anything. I was just relaying what i was told. Im not after the internet fame, but it does make for good car-forum chatter.

as for the fuel, it is what it is man. i can run higher psi if i had the failsafe hooked up, but i wont. so 100 oct is a good safer way for me to do it, meth 105 oct, fuel-104 octane, no difference exceptf for the safeties involved. you know as well as i do what a T car can gain from fuel as opposed to a s/c car, its just the way it is. Hell, ill bring a few gallons for him if he wants..

I just wanted some fun, and as you can see these line ups are very interesting to this crowd. as the first post says, win,lose, draw, its all going up, and its all in good fun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The main thing is, this will be a BimmerBoost exclusive with front page coverage, correct?
    You know it! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    whoa whoa whao, man like i said all i know is what he told me. your cool, we're cool. i dont wanna bring drama to anything. I was just relaying what i was told. Im not after the internet fame, but it does make for good car-forum chatter.

as for the fuel, it is what it is man. i can run higher psi if i had the failsafe hooked up, but i wont. so 100 oct is a good safer way for me to do it, meth 105 oct, fuel-104 octane, no difference exceptf for the safeties involved. you know as well as i do what a T car can gain from fuel as opposed to a s/c car, its just the way it is. Hell, ill bring a few gallons for him if he wants..

I just wanted some fun, and as you can see these line ups are very interesting to this crowd. as the first post says, win,lose, draw, its all going up, and its all in good fun
    all we wanted was some fun too.

however you, your turbo m3 friend, and several other members here implied that we b!tched out basically and used weather as an excuse lol. however you guys were the ones that left 15 minutes before i got there.

as far as fuel goes, race gas makes a huge difference for any forced induction car regadless of turbo or supercharged. ESS M3s running racegas or meth make ~40whp more over this particular car. I'm sure you know what the outcome of pump gas vs. pump gas race would be which is exactly why you are not interested in it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

LM, what do you think you'll dyno with pump+meth once your safeties are implemented? you have about 500wheel on race+meth right? that's what you'll be bringing to the race? i think a pump to pump race would be good to throw in there, unless you consistently run race gas... which can get expensive no? also he doesnt have meth right? that should give you an advantage on the pump race, let alone the racegas race... or does the ess car have it too?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Man I was really pumped when this thread started. It sounded like a bunch of car guys getting together and doing some pulls in the cars they love for the sport of it. I guess the only place that happens these days if over with 0-60 Motorsports and crew
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    also he doesnt have meth right? that should give you an advantage on the pump race, let alone the racegas race... or does the ess car have it too?
    both the E92 M3 and the 996tt run 93 octane only. no meth no race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    both the E92 M3 and the 996tt run 93 octane only. no meth no race gas.
    Why no race gas?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why no race gas?
    because they are not race cars Click here to enlarge hehe jk. they were both tuned for pump gas, since they are daily drivers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    because they are not race cars Click here to enlarge hehe jk. they were both tuned for pump gas, since they are daily drivers.
    Ya but the S65 ecu is pretty sophisticated and will advance timing automatically so it will make a difference. It won't hurt, it can only help. Does not matter if it was tuned for it or not, that just means more is left on the table with a specific race tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So is it on or not?????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    So is it on or not?????
    It is on, as early as tonight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SWEEEET!!!! GOOD LUCJ LM!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im just relaying what was told to me. meet at x time. waited a few hrs, still nothing, was told you guys hadn't left yet so we left.. nothing worth arguing over that.

for fuel again, your absolutly correct, i WILL NOT RUN PUMP-PUMP.only reason is for my own safety reasons. my setup is always with pump/meth. made 493 on 19 psi. racefuel/meth. we know that racefuel is 104 oct/ meth is 105 oct, so im still getting the same octane, its just for safety on my end, i don't see the big deal really

ESS is hardcore against meth though, are they not? it seems arbitarary to argue over what a certain car needs to reach certain resuts. im more of a run what ya brung kinda guy. lastnight i was ready on pump/meth because thats how im setup right now and was more than willing to go. its still all in fun. If i am setup more aggressively, then thats how im setup, same goes for anyone.

Odd, I made 432 on map 7, but kickdown was hit so it jacked up the run and we didnt save it, which is why i dont bring it up since i have no proof other than my eyes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Both cars should just run race, be at their best, simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Man I was really pumped when this thread started. It sounded like a bunch of car guys getting together and doing some pulls in the cars they love for the sport of it. I guess the only place that happens these days if over with 0-60 Motorsports and crew
    i think it still is about the fun of it, im not holding grudges, i met all these guys saturday adn were all cool. This is the same convo we would be having in person so there is no E-thugg'n going on..
    If these sound like im startin $#@!, say so, but i dont see it. i do my best to be cool with those that are cool w/me.. .

(..now a tuner that insults me .. yea thats a different story Click here to enlarge )

ESS ///M3 never showed. it was gonna be him Vs me, and a 996T Vs the HPF, but they got held up somewhere.. Click here to enlarge

well. we live 45 minutes from where they "were" and noone i know, TV included said anything about a hurricame. but thats all im gonna say..

Currently trying to set it up again, i like to give people the benefit-of-the-doubt
    Last edited by LostMarine; 06-28-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We were there for 3 hours. Your buddy said you didn't leave yet so we left. Noones talking trash. Dude said your stuck in a hurricane. Just thought that was funny. I run pump and meth because that's how my cars setup. I don't need your drag tires ethier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL I can't wait to see this run. I do not get whats up with these cats being against race gas though it makes no sense to me. Car isn't going to break its gonna run a little better I mean wtf and based on the dynos of that particular M3 its going to need all the help it can get. Honestly I think that the whole not running race fuel thing is just so they can have an excuse later if they lose and thats pretty weak if you ask me,but I hope I'm wrong. Its not one of the fairy tail ESS cars that only make the power on the dyno its probably the first and only legit ESS dyno. I hope this run goes down its gonna be epic. I hope someone else does this upgrade in socal and can run a Gintani car.

Good luck folks hope you guys work it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And please give up on the pump gas only $#@!. Different Cars different setups. Run the car however it's setup at time. I always have meth tank full so I'll most likely be
    on pump and meth. Meth doent just magically give me 100 more hp. It makes it safer to run 14 psi. No get your head outta of your ass

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    We were there for 3 hours. Your buddy said you didn't leave yet so we left. Noones talking trash. Dude said your stuck in a hurricane. Just thought that was funny. I run pump and meth because that's how my cars setup. I don't need your drag tires ethier.
    - I didn't offer you my tires (they are a lil too big for your car) , I offered you a choice/option of whether you want to run on street tires or drag tires.....
    - I can control my car in a drag race with either, can you?
    - So are you up for this drag race? If rain lets off we can do tonight, if not any other night.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    And please give up on the pump gas only $#@!. Different Cars different setups. Run the car however it's setup at time. I always have meth tank full so I'll most likely be
    on pump and meth. Meth doent just magically give me 100 more hp. It makes it safer to run 14 psi. No get your head outta of your ass
    I wish you'd say the last line to my face e-gangsta Click here to enlarge Dont get all butt-hurt on me. I'm not on "pumpgas only $#@!", I'm all for racegas/meth, I also dont care what you "need" to get to where you want to be powerwise.

Steve I'll ask Alex when he'll be able to come out do some rolls with your car. BTW we were always assuming that you were going to run Meth so that not really an issue

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Telling someone to pull their head out of their ass isn't a threat so why are you making it into one?

You may be able to control your car with AWD but that does not apply to you being able to handle a RWD BMW with more power Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Arkady has my #, let me know. also, the area that was originally picked to run may not be the best place. other roads close should offer better conditions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Telling someone to pull their head out of their ass isn't a threat so why are you making it into one?

You may be able to control your car with AWD but that does not apply to you being able to handle a RWD BMW with more power Click here to enlarge
    it's not a threat. it's plain ugly disrespect to someone who this person has never even met.

my car is RWD my friend. you are correct i may not be able to handle the bmw with more power, i'm fine with that....i'm doing it for fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it's not a threat. it's plain ugly disrespect to someone who this person has never even met.

my car is RWD my friend. you are correct i may not be able to handle the bmw with more power, i'm fine with that....i'm doing it for fun.
    Ah, your car is RWD, nice, with all the weight in the weight in back.

If it is for fun then it is best to keep it that way and just forget the "say that to my face" type talk. I don't have a problem with telling someone I don't know to pull their head out of their ass especially if their head is up their ass. He was just making a point about ignorance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like rain.. gotta see the forecast for the rest of the week/end

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast