Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The Renault transmission in Renault-Lotus in this season shift in 5ms. I don't know about others since they didn't release any info, but i don't think they are much far behind.

Those transmissions are easily well over $100,000 per unit. Don't you think at that price they should be something special?
    The Veyron's is a 1/4 million, your point?

You are comparing f1 trans to street applications? Ok, still does not change the fact DCT is the superior technology for shift speed. It is f1 regulations that prevent its use in that sport.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Veyron's is a 1/4 million, your point?
    My point is that they are much more than the SMG's in BMW's. I double checked BTW, F1 transmissions cost above 150,000 euros which more than what a the Ricardo DCT in Veyron costs.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    You are comparing f1 trans to street applications? Ok, still does not change the fact DCT is the superior technology for shift speed. It is f1 regulations that prevent its use in that sport.
    I didn't compare anything. You said it was impossible to shift faster than DCT, i said no it's not. That's it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My point is that they are much more than the SMG's in BMW's. I double checked BTW, F1 transmissions cost above 150,000 euros which more than what a the Ricardo DCT in Veyron costs.
    And the cost is the deciding factor on the transmission performance capability instead of the technology employed? Interesting. Cool, so F1 trans and the Veyron trans are about the same price, nice.

I didn't compare anything. You said it was impossible to shift faster than DCT, i said no it's not. That's it.
    It is impossible. The technology itself with the way it functions should tell you that.

If you have to go so far as to bring up F1 racing transmissions to compare to street dual clutches, well, what does that tell you? Shouldn't it also tell you a DCT that sees development for F1 applications will obviously be at the absolute maximum? Seriously, read up on how the trans works so you can understand a single clutch can't physically shift as fast as something already in gear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And the cost is the deciding factor on the transmission performance capability instead of the technology employed? Interesting. Cool, so F1 trans and the Veyron trans are about the same price, nice. It is impossible. The technology itself with the way it functions should tell you that. If you have to go so far as to bring up F1 racing transmissions to compare to street dual clutches, well, what does that tell you? Shouldn't it also tell you a DCT that sees development for F1 applications will obviously be at the absolute maximum? Seriously, read up on how the trans works so you can understand a single clutch can't physically shift as fast as something already in gear.
    MAN WHY WE CAN'T AGREE ON ONE SINGLE GOD DAMN THING? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MAN WHY WE CAN'T AGREE ON ONE SINGLE GOD DAMN THING? Click here to enlarge
    We can you just don't understand a lot of basic things.

I mean seriously, comparing a single clutch transmissions in Formula 1 to street DCT transmissions cost wise? Illogical.

Secondly, do you have a street single clutch trans that is faster than a dual clutch for the street? No.

What do you think would happen if a DCT was allowed in F1? What, the cars would get slower? No, they would get faster and the technology would see additional racing development. I mean what the hell do you think Porsche went to a dual clutch from a single clutch to for racing in the first place? To be slower?

Your argument is weak and illogical. I can't agree with you because of this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can you just don't understand a lot of basic things.

I mean seriously, comparing a single clutch transmissions in Formula 1 to street DCT transmissions cost wise? Illogical.
    Of course. I don't say we should compare a Cessna 150 to a F-22 Raptor, BUT saying a single clutch can't be faster than DCT is not right because those seamless transmissions in F1's are faster. I know that cost a fortune and are so high tech that it takes decades for street cars to match, but still it's a transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of course. I don't say we should compare a Cessna 150 to a F-22 Raptor, BUT saying a single clutch can't be faster than DCT is not right because those seamless transmissions in F1's are faster. I know that cost a fortune and are so high tech that it takes decades for street cars to match, but still it's a transmission.
    A single clutch can not be faster as it is a physical limitation. I don't know how fast F1 trans shift but it doesn't change that a dual clutch is capable of faster shifts due to its design.

Hiw many more dual clutch versus single clutch tests it will take before people get it I have no clue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123