Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Great work why top mount though?
    Look at the size of the turbo you can fit.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    you can fit a bigger turbo bottom mount but look how gorgeous it looks up top!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    you can fit a bigger turbo bottom mount but look how gorgeous it looks up top!
    You sure about that?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    im sure you could figure out a way to fit a 76mm up there but it would require more work than a bottom mount. there were alot of e46f members who were thinking about a top mount with their large frame 76mm turbos asking the same question. let me rephrase: it is easier to fit bigger snail down low.... anything is possible though.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    im sure you could figure out a way to fit a 76mm up there but it would require more work than a bottom mount. there were alot of e46f members who were thinking about a top mount with their large frame 76mm turbos asking the same question. let me rephrase: it is easier to fit bigger snail down low.... anything is possible though.
    I remember guys like Taza saying you are limited in space down low.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    your limited in space everywhere unless you start cutting holes in $#@!.... its a bmw lol

    ill try and take some pics of the doc race setup when i get into portland.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    76.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    im sure you could figure out a way to fit a 76mm up there but it would require more work than a bottom mount. there were alot of e46f members who were thinking about a top mount with their large frame 76mm turbos asking the same question. let me rephrase: it is easier to fit bigger snail down low.... anything is possible though.
    It is way easier to fit a bigger turbo down low. For a top mount we can fit an S cover turbo which can go up to a 71mm I believe. Down low it is more likely we can fit something with a GT42 compressor cover that can hold 80+mm wheel.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    doc race built the hpf manifold. hes in portland oregon.
    whats so cool bout top mount to me?
    swapping turbos is a breeze
    What about melting wires, and valve covers? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    76.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    What about melting wires, and valve covers? Click here to enlarge
    We've thought this all the way through. There will be some mods you will have to do to make this work just like with any mod you do to a car. The only wires that are a concern are O2 sensor wires which can be easily relocated, a small price to pay when boosting an M3. As far as the valve cover, if your exhaust is hot enough to melt aluminum maybe you should call your tunerClick here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DOC_Race Click here to enlarge
    We've thought this all the way through. There will be some mods you will have to do to make this work just like with any mod you do to a car. The only wires that are a concern are O2 sensor wires which can be easily relocated, a small price to pay when boosting an M3. As far as the valve cover, if your exhaust is hot enough to melt aluminum maybe you should call your tunerClick here to enlarge

    Great points. Hi 5
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Any updates on this?

    Will it utilize the remainder of the HPF hardware or something totally different?
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    2,103.1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Great Quality work as usual by DOC.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    i can't wait to check this project out! they got a lot of cool RB projects too

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    46.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i can't wait to check this project out! they got a lot of cool RB projects too
    Doc Race may be new on the BMW scene but he is very talented. He has a number of Japanese manis out in the field doing quite well.
    I talked with Doc Race and he claims to have plans to fit an air cleaner on the top mount. THAT feat of plumbing will be quite interesting to see, no doubt!

    Check out his Blog. There is one page in particular that describes Back Purging and how that is important to construction. There is a ton of information here, and not just in the small BMW section. Give it a good read!

    http://docrace.wordpress.com/2012/07...-best-part-ii/

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bdave Click here to enlarge
    Doc Race may be new on the BMW scene but he is very talented. He has a number of Japanese manis out in the field doing quite well.
    I talked with Doc Race and he claims to have plans to fit an air cleaner on the top mount. THAT feat of plumbing will be quite interesting to see, no doubt!

    Check out his Blog. There is one page in particular that describes Back Purging and how that is important to construction. There is a ton of information here, and not just in the small BMW section. Give it a good read!

    http://docrace.wordpress.com/2012/07...-best-part-ii/
    Definitely looks like great work:

    Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    very impressive. +repped for ingenuity!!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    hoping to check out their shop monday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •