Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Just ordered a set of RB's Click here to enlarge

I'll run it with the Procede until COBB has a 100% reliable map for upgraded turbos, 6AT, pump gas.
    Probably your best bet. JB4 G5 has been fantastic for me so far. Ideally I would still want to run a flash tune for proper fueling and timing but obviously that isn't happening anytime soon and I am quite happy with the G5 and Terry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    What defines "good"?
    Good = minimal power loss/less drone

In other words, will the car suffer greatly in performance by swapping out my vanguard for a gutted stock exhaust? I'm running a Cobb stg 2 fbo sport map boosting to max 16.7 psi.....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge

In other words, will the car suffer greatly in performance by swapping out my vanguard for a gutted stock exhaust? I'm running a Cobb stg 2 fbo sport map boosting to max 16.7 psi.....
    Ill find out soon on the dyno. On stock turbos I would say the loss is negligible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great, I'll be looking forward to your dyno.....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    (talking about the 535XI with RB turbos here with a Level10 built tranny and a Wavetrac LSD in the rear, not my 6MT RWD car)...and yes, its being worked on but through remote tuning as the built 535XI is local to me (my buddy) and Cobb (Rob) is in Texas, and no one is really rushing it much
    i did not know RB turbos fit 535XI? are they installed already? details please..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yep, installed a couple months back
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow I missed that..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'm running the same map (Stg 2+ Sport) as my DD setup..... Thoughts on the UUC/Corsa axle-back?? I'm trying to avoid a full CBE exhaust just b/c the car is my DD and I want to avoid drone. The Corsa + BMW PE seem to be the best 2 options Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by benzy89; 07-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Power wise the car won't suffer much if at all (within dyno variance) between the vanguard catless and a gutted stock exhaust, even more so on an E92 which flows a tiny bit better than the E90 due to a bit less crush bends. This is especially true with stock turbos. However, I've heard a couple gutted stock exhausts and I can tell you, trust me, you don't want that fart can metal sound on your 3 series, you'll hate it even more so than the drone on your vanguard.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'm running the same map (Stg 2+ Sport) as my DD setup..... Thoughts on the UUC/Corsa axle-back?? I'm trying to avoid a full CBE exhaust just b/c the car is my DD and I want to avoid drone. The Corsa + BMW PE seem to be the best 2 options Click here to enlarge
    After owning the AE exhaust for about 2.5-3 years on my car I went back to stock as I couldn't stand the boomy bassy sound in the cabin any more. It was just annoying. It was like driving a brand new car, loved it again. THEN, couple months later, I came across a great deal on an HKS Legamax exhaust that I just couldn't pass up and had to try. The review is on this forum in this section, take a look. Vanguard is a replica but I've heard both side by side and they are totally different (HKS mufflers on the back are different and bigger, and, the resonator on the inside might also be different as well as the metal itself)..on the surface they look similar and people usually go for the price of the vanguard
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno, you looked like a master technician yesterday! Good job on Andy's car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12