Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JB4 G5 - logs , settings , discussions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Safe means numerous cars running arguably lean AFR and they're not blowing up lol.

I try not to think about it too much lol.
    Load up the Cobb and let's do some custom mapping. Setup AFRs for say 11.8:1 across the board, leave S2 load targets but OEM wastegate duty cycles (only work around for IPW/open loop mapping I know of at the moment), maybe take a degree or two of advance out across the board, and then we'll fine tune boost on the G5. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lots of us have done 13.5-14.5 AFR up top and no issues.. what do other DI platforms run for AFR?
    sustained through multi gears or on a Dynojet pull? That sir would be the difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Load up the Cobb and let's do some custom mapping. Setup AFRs for say 11.8:1 across the board, leave S2 load targets but OEM wastegate duty cycles (only work around for IPW/open loop mapping I know of at the moment), maybe take a degree or two of advance out across the board, and then we'll fine tune boost on the G5. Click here to enlarge
    Meh no lol. I don't have Cobb right now anyway.

Besides, there wasn't a single AP map that worked properly with my RBs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Yeah, but now I could help you with the tuning end on it. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yeah, but now I could help you with the tuning end on it. Click here to enlarge
    Will you be getting your set of RB's soon? I just sent in payment today and should have them in 4-6 weeks according to rob. I'm in socal and would love your help fine tuning a cobb/jb4 map running a 50/50 e85 blend. My car is also an AT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Will you be getting your set of RB's soon? I just sent in payment today and should have them in 4-6 weeks according to rob. I'm in socal and would love your help fine tuning a cobb/jb4 map running a 50/50 e85 blend. My car is also an AT.
    They've been on order awhile but not sure when they will be actually here. But I'll do some public posts on what changes to make in the flash mapping if you want to combine that with the JB4.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

sustained through multi gears or on a Dynojet pull? That sir would be the difference.
    both

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

They've been on order awhile but not sure when they will be actually here. But I'll do some public posts on what changes to make in the flash mapping if you want to combine that with the JB4.
    Awesome! Hopefully by the time I get mine and have them installed you'll have yours up and running and have the maps worked out. By that time I'm guessing the G5 board will be available as well. With the release of ATR do you see it possible to push the rb's on just 50/50 91/e85 or will meth still be needed? I have an HFS-4 just haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Would you be able to guide a heavy E85 user as well, since E85 requires more fuel I would like to have a E85 base flash to use with JB4. Since my fuel trims are quite high without meth on map7

Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

You want to tear apart the rb maps I already have to see what they did for tuning? Race map is 21 psi tapering to 18 at redline, timing is 5-10.5 at redline, AFR is 12 target.

What ROM do you have, I8A0S?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

You want to tear apart the rb maps I already have to see what they did for tuning? Race map is 21 psi tapering to 18 at redline, timing is 5-10.5 at redline, AFR is 12 target.

What ROM do you have, I8A0S?
    Nah don't really care about that. But if you need help getting the Cobb + JB4 combo working I'd be interested in helping on that front. The 2008 135 is IJEOS or something like that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Nah don't really care about that. But if you need help getting the Cobb + JB4 combo working I'd be interested in helping on that front. The 2008 135 is IJEOS or something like that.
    So you have an MSD81 then Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Yes, it's an MSD81. Does their software allow me to open/edit your maps? Or is the editing software VIN locked also?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Yes, it's an MSD81. Does their software allow me to open/edit your maps? Or is the editing software VIN locked also?
    Nope they are locked to the AP serial. You can view but u can't blindly load up someone's ATR map directly to their car. They'd have to recompile for their serial IIRC. Plus I don't think u can view different ROM versions on your ROM specific copy of ATR. We are lucky since we both have the same ECU version.

Moot point anyway, I don't even have an AP right now lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

I imagine it will come up often where customers want me to modify something on the flash side of the tuning for them. I'll have to drop Cobb a note for addl info. Or Rob if you're reading this please fwd my email addr to whomever I should discuss purchasing a universal editor with over there. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is great news. Terry I got my package today as well, thank you for everything Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12