Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    307
    Rep Points
    310.6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    wait a tick, wasn't he the one stating that stacking a piggy on top of a flash was a major no no months back and will have NO part in it?

    wasn't he the one also stating that he could easy make his own flash but chooses not do do it because his Piggyback does everything a customer can ask for (and more) when COBB tuning was the hottest topic (beginning of this year) and then tries to compare his piggy to COBB?

    yet here we have a statement stating he's been working on a flash, although basic, all along (about a year according to him), finally revealing that his piggy isn't all what it's cracked up to be? Now he's attempting to sell left over "unlocked" Rev 2.5 "special editions" that he states is the same one he's running and will support a single turbo. Do these customers even know that his Rev 2.5 can't keep up with fuel demands from a single turbo and really isn't the "tuning solution" to everything that he's once stated?

    It's almost as strange as Jeff@Topgearsolutions stating how dangerous WW Meth kits are (even though he's so far gotten his stories incorrect with the meth ratio's and has been corrected by the friends of the car owner), yet recently started a F/S thread attempting to sell Procede PWM kits with descriptions in the F/S pertaining to a WW system...

    hmmm... gotta love this forum and being able to speak freely without it being taken as trash talk.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Its funny. I was first to stack a piggy/flash and demo with 60-130, dyno, 1/4 runs a stacked approach and many blasted me saying blasphemy Click here to enlarge even funnier shiv was one of those and later showed he was flashing the dme Click here to enlarge man these forums sometimes..
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    It would be hilarious if he's waiting for ATR to come out before releasing the single turbo kit to the general public.
    This sounds spot on to me actually, and makes perfect sense from a business perspective for the turbo kits if the flash changes are required to run the higher WHP numbers.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Points
    1,149.6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    It's probably best to reduce the "flash with piggy" terminology and use a "flash with hardware" approach. It's absolutely no secret that Cobb flashes do not have absolute control over WGDC as piggies do (as Shiv uses to defer the procedes shortcomings). Similarly, piggies cannot control fuel/timing the way that flashes do; thats a fact. It's really about time that these barriers are broken down and Cobb releases a flash with hardware to control WGDC & meth independently.

    Though Cobb seems to have no fuel limit, maybe flash + water injection? I'm all for it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    307
    Rep Points
    310.6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Me too, I'm all for it, especially if it benefits everyone. But I'm getting tired of the old "if I can get away with it, I'll post it" marketing tactics. It makes me more excited to see Terry's work, even if it came "in second" because of a more honest and revealing approach.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    It's probably best to reduce the "flash with piggy" terminology and use a "flash with hardware" approach. It's absolutely no secret that Cobb flashes do not have absolute control over WGDC as piggies do (as Shiv uses to defer the procedes shortcomings). Similarly, piggies cannot control fuel/timing the way that flashes do; thats a fact. It's really about time that these barriers are broken down and Cobb releases a flash with hardware to control WGDC & meth independently.

    Though Cobb seems to have no fuel limit, maybe flash + water injection? I'm all for it.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    307
    Rep Points
    310.6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    He wasn't the first to go public with the idea, therefore he goes into defense mode. I'm sure we've all seen this trend Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Its funny. I was first to stack a piggy/flash and demo with 60-130, dyno, 1/4 runs a stacked approach and many blasted me saying blasphemy Click here to enlarge even funnier shiv was one of those and later showed he was flashing the dme Click here to enlarge man these forums sometimes..
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    707.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Piggybacks need the flash it seems because they can only move the fueling around so much by adjusting IPW and fuel pressure. That's not a failure of the piggyback either, that's because BMW's attitude towards tuning and actively trying to code the DME to force it fail. Piggybacks that can act as a hybrid standalone when needed (eg, dedicated fuel injector drivers connected into the stock DI harness as well as the 6 coil packs) aren't available yet for the N54/N55 but if they ever are, you won't really need a flash anymore for something like a big single. You'd be able to control the injectors directly and run any duty cycle you want and any spark you wanted. They exist for other platforms today and I used two of them back in the mid 1990s.

    For now without Cobb ATR or a hybrid piggyback with fuel injector drivers and coil pack connections, we're stuck with mixed solutions it seems.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    wait a tick, wasn't he the one stating that stacking a piggy on top of a flash was a major no no months back and will have NO part in it?

    wasn't he the one also stating that he could easy make his own flash but chooses not do do it because his Piggyback does everything a customer can ask for (and more) when COBB tuning was the hottest topic (beginning of this year) and then tries to compare his piggy to COBB?

    yet here we have a statement stating he's been working on a flash, although basic, all along (about a year according to him), finally revealing that his piggy isn't all what it's cracked up to be? Now he's attempting to sell left over "unlocked" Rev 2.5 "special editions" that he states is the same one he's running and will support a single turbo. Do these customers even know that his Rev 2.5 can't keep up with fuel demands from a single turbo and really isn't the "tuning solution" to everything that he's once stated?

    It's almost as strange as Jeff@Topgearsolutions stating how dangerous WW Meth kits are (even though he's so far gotten his stories incorrect with the meth ratio's and has been corrected by the friends of the car owner), yet recently started a F/S thread attempting to sell Procede PWM kits with descriptions in the F/S pertaining to a WW system...

    hmmm... gotta love this forum and being able to speak freely without it being taken as trash talk.

    Dude,

    I got banned for 2 months out of e90pot just by saying this... Better be careful there with such statements...
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •