Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Can anyone figure out on what he did for solving the fueling problem?

I would really like to know how he is fueling his turbos.

He posted this on the other forum.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lulz_M3 Click here to enlarge
    You should hit up Cobb and see what they can do for ya =) Besides, im pretty sure that Shiv's magical fuel system upgrade is just flashing the IPW tables.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    I don't think anything is magical about the fuel system upgrades in my car. But I'll give you a hint: They are actually in my gas tank.
    Last edited by farbmw; 05-30-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Crazy guess-

1. Reflashed fueling tables.
    2. In tank fuel pump.
    3. 4 nozzles of meth with some large tank.

I would like to see what this means without the meth and how the fueling upgrade works there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    I would really like to know how he is fueling his turbos.

He posted this on the other forum.
    Has he provided any results of the fuel upgrade on a non-single turbo N54? Or is this just something he is running on the single turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Has he provided any results of the fuel upgrade on a non-single turbo N54? Or is this just something he is running on the single turbos.
    Yes that is what I want to know as will, plus I know on other platforms they are getting there HP on pump gas alone, before they even think about meth and the other stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Crazy guess-

1. Reflashed fueling tables.
    2. In tank fuel pump.
    3. 4 nozzles of meth
    Yep, that is my guess also. It might make sense to replace the OEM low pressure regulator with something that supports a higher pressure, and to use a booster pump that can be triggered on demand vs. an in tank. But overall I imagine these are very simple updates. Will be finding out for myself soon enough.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yep, that is my guess also. It might make sense to replace the OEM low pressure regulator with something that supports a higher pressure, and to use a booster pump that can be triggered on demand vs. an in tank. But overall I imagine these are very simple updates. Will be finding out for myself soon enough.
    Cool Terry and I know you like sharing!Click here to enlarge So he is using a lot of meth then.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yeah and I think that would explain why you need to have him do the reflashing/tuning at his place. Unfortunately as far as a true fueling solution it doesnt mean anything for pump only guys... its an unfortunate shortcoming of DI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So you guys are all on the same page of a flash playing a major role in this?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

I think this was obvious to all flash tune owners 3-4 years ago. The rest were in denial.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I think this was obvious to all flash tune owners 3-4 years ago. The rest were in denial.
    Well when you get Visnhu's piggy is omg amazing and the best blah blah blah shoved down your throat every day...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Well when you get Visnhu's piggy is omg amazing and the best blah blah blah shoved down your throat every day...
    At the moment, a combination of the two (flash, piggy) is the only way to make things work... does it suck?? yes it does, do u want 600 whp? Then live with it or buy a different car (which would be my recommendation).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Are you implying Shiv uses a flash in conjunction with the Procede on the single turbo cars? None of the customers have made allusion to such a thing, so far.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Are you implying Shiv uses a flash in conjunction with the Procede on the single turbo cars? None of the customers have made allusion to such a thing, so far.
    From what I have heard from tuners addressing the DME in some way is going to be necessary so that this works properly. I think we need a lot more info but I'll go talk to people about this again and this time write it all down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

None of the customers have said anything, and when asked they defer to Vishnu so clearly it was covered with them and they were asked to remain quiet about it.

Is tuning the single turbo really so complicated that Shiv has to do it? I figured the reason he had to touch all the single turbo cars so far was because he had to do the flash work in person on them...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

just wait until he goes "public" with it. people not wanting to ship the car will have to have some sort of solution

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    You can call me a liar on an internet forum. I've read you say worse on other forums. But while you are doing that, I'll keep on developing comprehensive engine control systems for this platform. That being said, I've been developing a flash since last year for the MSD80/81 with the hopes of it being the "basic" engine control option for our single turbo system.
    Click here to enlarge
    So when I say what I say, i'm saying from personal experience based on actual testing. This means countless hours on the dyno, on the road and on the phone talking to many other flash tuning shops overseas. And as the only person who has experience with tuning single turbo N54s through both flash and Procede approaches, I'd like to think to my statements are justified. There are some advantages of MSD 80/81 ROM editing. Although perhaps not as many as you believe. But there are also many disadvantages as people are seeing with respect to just about every aspect of boost control, torque limit/actual deviation, and throttle reaction. And I'm not even talking about the obvious issues involved with rescaling load variables, integrating methanol control/monitoring and isolated boost control. We've done the work and learned the lessons. Others will do the same as their schedules/interests permit. Everyone who works with this DME knows how interdependent the tables/limits are and what compromises must be made to make things "work" on a basic level.
    So let's leave name-calling for kids. Because kids don't do what we are doing. Instead, kids like to call other peoples names on internet forums.
    Best Regards.
    Shiv
    He's flashing the dme for the single turbo cars. It's no secret he just doesn't talk about it. It would be hilarious if he's waiting for ATR to come out before releasing the single turbo kit to the general public.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Why is he flashing when the Procede is so OMG amazing and does everything better than the DME supposedly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Why is he flashing when the Procede is so OMG amazing and does everything better than the DME supposedly?
    He took it back and said that he had been working on a basic flash since last year. But he emphasizes BASIC...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    He took it back and said that he had been working on a basic flash since last year. But he emphasizes BASIC...
    You can't help but love it. I might change his username to Shiv@waffles

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

At the moment, a combination of the two (flash, piggy) is the only way to make things work... does it suck?? yes it does, do u want 600 whp? Then live with it or buy a different car (which would be my recommendation).
    It is not too difficult to get a piggy to do a basic flash as well. You can think of the stock parameters to be a kind of flash. It is not much different to flash another set of parameters than those "flashed" by BMW for the stock cars. Piggy works on top of the flashed parameters no matter if the flashed parameters were from BMW or from someone else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The easiest way to tune a car well is to flash part of the parameters and manage the other part by piggy. Both flash and piggy have their own strengths.

Edit: As an example; flash by Cobb and meth + gauge hijackings by JB.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

yep, I agree best combo is piggy/flash. Just need some user flash tuning and we'll start getting some great combo maps. really the only flash tables that need altering are the fuel mass per load... other than that I'd have piggy do everything. depends on how the piggy is setup though and I hope Shiv starts optimizing piggy logic for stacking if/when he reveals a basic flash solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    yep, I agree best combo is piggy/flash. Just need some user flash tuning and we'll start getting some great combo maps. really the only flash tables that need altering are the fuel mass per load... other than that I'd have piggy do everything. depends on how the piggy is setup though and I hope Shiv starts optimizing piggy logic for stacking if/when he reveals a basic flash solution.
    And timing is best handled through the ECU. I say boost control and doohickeys/meth safety through piggyback.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

yeah if you're doing both then you're just adding complexity...if u dont need big single power, stick with a piggy solely... To me, it's really stupid to essentially introduce that many variables that you may later need to troubleshoot if you start to run into problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

yeah if you're doing both then you're just adding complexity...if u dont need big single power, stick with a piggy solely... To me, it's really stupid to essentially introduce that many variables that you may later need to troubleshoot if you start to run into problems.
    Im running a piggy only right now. Seems ok until you really crank the boost. Then meth becomes a band aid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast