Attachment 19150
    You're hardcore Eddie and I like it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks, it's scary and fun all at the same time but i will say the car loves it. If you don't spay the water meth correctly you can actually hurt your power numbers. I would only spray above 2500rpm and 15psi of boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Here is anouther pic of the pump mounting. I also took a pic of the DPF lower end so everyone can see all the crap it has on it. I'm trying to figure out what i want to do about the DPF and the rest of the exhaust.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff man, hitting dyno soon?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm stuck between going to the dyno or waiting untile the DPF, EGR and SCR are removed. I may just go to the track and see how it performs over stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd do both Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just can't justify spending $100 to get a dyno number. The car feels great and $15 to go have fun at the track seems like the best option. A 1/4 mile time should give us a good idea of what kind of power the cars making. I'll get a dyno number some day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TurboEddie Click here to enlarge
    I just can't justify spending $100 to get a dyno number. The car feels great and $15 to go have fun at the track seems like the best option. A 1/4 mile time should give us a good idea of what kind of power the cars making. I'll get a dyno number some day.
    Agree. Ideally we would like both but a 1/4 mile time is best.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok all, I got the water meth kit in and it works like a champ. The install was a bit of a pain because there is little room in the engine bay. Right now I'm running -20deg washer fluid but plan to move up to a 50/50 mix of water meth. I'm using the AEM to turn the pump on and control the injection solenoid and it is working flawlessly. I gradually turn up the flow as the RPMs go up and I get a smooth pull all the way to redline. I plan to tune it in more this week then take it to the dyno after. You can't realy tell the kit is there unless you really look for it.

Attachment 18974

Attachment 18975

I do think the water meth did some cleaning as the engine is idling smoother after a few long highway pulls.
    Well I'll be damned you beat BMS to it. And you're a brave soul assuming you are still under warranty. Nice work TE.

Where are you injecting the water/meth? Can you take some shots of the set up? Are you also using the window washing fluid resevoir?

I would be interested to see some logged runs and the impact this has on EGR gases.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @TurboEddie I thought you and Lenny had agreed to go that Friday after I left Lake Park, What happened amigo? Anyway, give me a call when you can I might go to Miami for a weekend and spend time with my girl and my cousin that lives down there, I'll let you know ok!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

any news on this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car is running like a champ and i have had zero issues. I'm happy with the car as is so I just drive it. I've now turned my attention to starting a side business making automotive performance parts so that's why I have been MIA. I have to do something to make up for Obama.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car is running like a champ and i have had zero issues. I'm happy with the car as is so I just drive it. I've now turned my attention to starting a side business making automotive performance parts so that's why I have been MIA. I have to do something to make up for Obama.......
    What parts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ed call me Im in with you on this Im planning in going to orlando next month plan to see if we can meet, car did run the 1/2 mile race but my mechanic floored it to 150 mph but at the end. Dont forget me ok!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Any chance you'd be interested in producing a plug and play harness for the AEM piggyback? With perhaps some better information on how things are currently wired, it may be trivial to make a jumper harness (then again, I don't personally know what the connectors are). Also, do you think that your diagram may work on the E70 X5 35d, or should we try to get our hands on a recent version of the ETK? Also... if you are worried about money for the dyno and you have a paypal debit card, I'd be willing to throw you $50 to get you on the rollers. Maybe others would be interested enough to throw money at your problem too? (I'd be really interested in seeing the difference between a stock/unmolested map without meth and your high-power meth map).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infowolfe Click here to enlarge
    Any chance you'd be interested in producing a plug and play harness for the AEM piggyback? With perhaps some better information on how things are currently wired, it may be trivial to make a jumper harness (then again, I don't personally know what the connectors are). Also, do you think that your diagram may work on the E70 X5 35d, or should we try to get our hands on a recent version of the ETK? Also... if you are worried about money for the dyno and you have a paypal debit card, I'd be willing to throw you $50 to get you on the rollers. Maybe others would be interested enough to throw money at your problem too? (I'd be really interested in seeing the difference between a stock/unmolested map without meth and your high-power meth map).
    Welcome to the forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I actually signed up specifically due to interest in this thread :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TurboEdd trying to make arragements for the end of this month I will euither txt you or call so we can meet ok somewhere between your place and Orlando ok!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi TurboEdd,

I have read through your thread, and first of all Kudos to you!

I have done countless DIY modification of turbo petrol engines from simply clamping the MAP sensor and using a mechanical device to increase boost pressure, through modifying the entire spectrum of the map singal on a % basis with adding a simple pot between the signal line and the ground line, to using an MSexcell programmable 70$ digital voltage adjuster module, to have infinite control over the signal. On petrol engines I never needed to do more than the MAP signal, and sometimes taking over control of the boost control solenoid - again with a simple pot - which turned a 272hp supercharged engine to 440hp. Now I am turning towards diesels, so I very much liked what I read in this thread.

Now what I am curious about is: regarding to only modify the rail pressure signal (not planing on removing the DPF or EGR as of yet), you made a post which I didn't fully understand. You said the ECU tried to reach 4,0V on the rail pressure signal, and that without any mechanical modification of the safety valve of the fuel rail 4,5V was the max. So if I modified the signal by 12,5% down with a simple pot (as I did on the MAP sensors of petrol turbos), I could get the same result. Now the part what I didn't get is you said the reason for you not getting any error codes unlike the JBD, is that you are clamping the signal at 4,1V. So there were no spikes above. Now where you talking about the rail pressure sensor signal, and some spikes occur because there are pressure spikes caused by the imperfectness of the mechanical pressure relief valve in the fuel rail? Or were you talking about clamping a different signal for example the MAF where the engine ECU gets it's load imput from? So does the JBD error codes come from spikes on the fuel pressure signal, or readings from other sensors? Because I see your solution is able to modify a lot of signals, but I didn't see if you did modify them or not at the time you were only increasing the fuel pressure...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great, go for it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Turbo Eddie amigo long time no hear I will call you later ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    WTF Eddie I got to give you props on this YOU are the God of the 335ds LOL. Wish I could of met you before jumping the RENNtech bandwagon but I am happy with what I got anyway. Bravozulu to you and anyone else helping you
    A naval reference? You told me once you worked with vets but you didn't specify the branch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive never seen anyone post an answer to this but it seems like this could be the thread for it. What is the ECU monitoring post DPF that lets it know whether the DPF needs regen or is missing, etc? There is a lot of talk about needing to recode the ECU if the DPF is removed but if its controlled like every other emissions monitoring sensor in the world then it should be relatively easy to simulate right? No need to recode the ECU if you can just plug in a sim that relays the right voltage/current/etc that tells the ECU that the DPF is working perfectly. Obviously you would only want to do that if the DPF has been removed.

Based on the first post there is a differential pressure sensor? If a scanner/logger was used to check the readings under normal operation it should be pretty simple to take care of that without an ECU recode

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Starfy I'm retired Navy and I represent Pro Bono thru Military Order of The Purple Heart organization veterans intheir compensation. Lenny from Renntech has the DPF removal but needs a guinea pig to do it any volunteers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

has anyone tried running something like the CANtool from Burger and turning on the auto-delete of emissions codes? If we could get it to auto delete EGR codes (after disabling the EGR) without affecting performance I would think we could seriously cut down on the carbon and soot buildup.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast