Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Vishnu "small" 58mm N54 single turbo 22 psi 462 wheel horsepower

So I am not one to generally start rumors or walk around talking BS but is it just me or did the small 58mm turbo car make less than an RB turbo car? I just want verification / discussion on this... I think Shiv said 462WHP on a mustang if I am not mistaken...so let's add 30 and say 490 WHP on a dyno jet on pump+meth... is this a really poor result or am I imagining?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    So I am not one to generally start rumors or walk around talking BS but is it just me or did the small 58mm turbo car make less than an RB turbo car? I just want verification / discussion on this... I think Shiv said 462WHP on a mustang if I am not mistaken...so let's add 30 and say 490 WHP on a dyno jet on pump+meth... is this a really poor result or am I imagining?
    pics?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

No graph?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There is no graph but what do you take away from this? I guess I just have no idea what this means...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys-- I have the dyno numbers at the shop. I'll post them up on Tuesday. The car nearly doubled stock power at 22psi of boost on 91+meth (235whp->462whp) Still think there is some more in it once the rear section of the exhaust is fixed (it currently has two nasty crush bends). Will be re-testing it next week once that is fixed. Two other 6ats will be running and Dynod next week as well. One with the same "small" 58mm turbo. The other with the medium sizes 62mm turbo.

I have some run video of the car being tested. The 6at is holding up very well and the car is very quick between shifts. The only thing we'd like to address is raise the shift point by 300-400rpm which will give us another 25-35whp. That will involve some work but should be doable.

I'll post the videos later today. Just recovering from a minor bout of food poisoning Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@Q4P it does sound strange but i guess tuning isnt done yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Until Lord Voldemort implements proper individual cylinder timing control and control over the fuel injectors, the tuning of the single turbo will NOT be complete!
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

It's Not worth going single if you are going to use a 5857 or whatever they are using. The numbers are actually really good for how tiny that turbo is. That turbo is more suited the new f30 328i imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    It's Not worth going single if you are going to use a 5857 or whatever they are using. The numbers are actually really good for how tiny that turbo is. That turbo is more suited the new f30 328i imo.
    Well to be fair I bet its responsive as hell but at the same time, I bet it will kill that AT tranny with the TQ.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Well to be fair I bet its responsive as hell but at the same time, I bet it will kill that AT tranny with the TQ.
    So are rb's. I think if people want a single, at least go for one that will be worth while. Luckily it's no big deal to go bigger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Until Lord Voldemort implements proper individual cylinder timing control and control over the fuel injectors, the tuning of the single turbo will NOT be complete!
    Can his hardware even do that?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Whose car is getting this smaller turbo and is the idea to improve drive ability?

Let's get a new thread going for the smaller single.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whose car is getting this smaller turbo and is the idea to improve drive ability?

Let's get a new thread going for the smaller single.

I think his nae was Creaminz, drives quite possibly the most riced out 335i in the world but somehow everyone thinks a massive diffuser and f1 style exhaust on a street bmw is kool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I think his nae was Creaminz, drives quite possibly the most riced out 335i in the world but somehow everyone thinks a massive diffuser and f1 style exhaust on a street bmw is kool.
    People with no taste think that, but whatever. Still want to know why this is getting such a smaller turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thank you. Jesus christ I thought I was the only one who felt this way. His car looked the best when it was white, white body with the bmw performance front bumper and LM's
    Retired: 2008 e92 - 388whp, 423 wtrq
    New Toy: N54/DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

People with no taste think that, but whatever. Still want to know why this is getting such a smaller turbo.
    he choose the smallest turbo for a goal of 600 whp on meth, for resnsiveness as well

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joeyballs Click here to enlarge
    Thank you. Jesus christ I thought I was the only one who felt this way. His car looked the best when it was white, white body with the bmw performance front bumper and LM's
    some people dont understand the word "limit" in the car world and rice applies to every class and expense category... look at 90% of e90post pictur forums and their comments lol... btw anyone with a csl style type trunk is a ricer, that has to be the most distasteful mod in the world

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

he choose the smallest turbo for a goal of 600 whp on meth, for resnsiveness as well

some people dont understand the word "limit" in the car world and rice applies to every class and expense category... look at 90% of e90post pictur forums and their comments lol
    I feel like e90post represents the masses and kids. It has gotten worse though with the e9x being out for a while now. One of their guys did some absurd pink rims I mean come on.

Is that turbo going to hit 600? Ways away...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Lol, +1, what a terrible way to treat a nice car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Can his hardware even do that?
    There was a thread about 1.5 months ago when he first revealed that he managed to achieve timing MONITORING on each cylinder about 1.5 months ago. This was done via .... wait for it .... A DME REFLASH!.... Something that Voldemort said he would never do.

My responses to that thread was the reason why the scumbags of the E90 mod squad decided to award me with 2-month temp ban WITHOUT any warning or prior "offenses"

So yeah, Lord Voldermort is finally realizing that parasitic piggie backs can only do so much when it comes to timing of the engine...
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I feel like e90post represents the masses and kids. It has gotten worse though with the e9x being out for a while now.
    Yeah, but don't forget that they also kick-banned a lot of people who actually care about the platform and ended up questioning all of tuners who attempted to sell mediocre stuff. No tuner has been left unburned by those few individuals who now reside here... So yeah, when you create a mass exodus of the people who understand the N54 platform, you are left with a forum full of weak sauce!
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

There was a thread about 1.5 months ago when he first revealed that he managed to achieve timing MONITORING on each cylinder about 1.5 months ago. This was done via .... wait for it .... A DME REFLASH!.... Something that Voldemort said he would never do.
    I've heard this from other tuners though. I was speaking with Alex@Gintani about it and he explained it really well but I don't remember all the details. Basically, the piggy is limited in this respect in some way. I'll have to ask him again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'd be willing to bet that a RB turbo car would struggle to put down 462whp on a Mustang Dyno. Maybe someone has tried, but I've never seen a Mustang dyno on a RB. If a RB has only done 500whp on a Dynojet, then I'd be feel comfortable saying it won't make more than 450whp and that's probably being too generous. I'm going to have to disagree with the Mustang dyno + 30whp = dynojet. I don't believe that is an accurate statement.

I know when I dyno'd from Mustang to Dynojet, there was always around 10-15% difference depending on the settings. A friend of mine paid cash for a Mustang Dyno so we got to play with it considerably (Yeah, he is baller and can drop that kind of money..I wish I could).

I think overall the results are still preliminary. Anyone with common sense knows that you probably shouldn't go balls to the wall in the uncharted territory of what the AT can handle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My responses to that thread was the reason why the scumbags of the E90 mod squad decided to award me with 2-month temp ban WITHOUT any warning or prior "offenses"

So yeah, Lord Voldermort is finally realizing that parasitic piggie backs can only do so much when it comes to timing of the engine...
    The 6 cylinder timing monitoring was done with a DME reflash? I don't remember reading that. Was it in the thread created where Shiv shows the 6 cylinder monitoring? I'm genuinely interested so please point me to this info. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    I'd be willing to bet that a RB turbo car would struggle to put down 462whp on a Mustang Dyno. Maybe someone has tried, but I've never seen a Mustang dyno on a RB. If a RB has only done 500whp on a Dynojet, then I'd be feel comfortable saying it won't make more than 450whp and that's probably being too generous. I'm going to have to disagree with the Mustang dyno + 30whp = dynojet. I don't believe that is an accurate statement.

I know when I dyno'd from Mustang to Dynojet, there was always around 10-15% difference depending on the settings. A friend of mine paid cash for a Mustang Dyno so we got to play with it considerably (Yeah, he is baller and can drop that kind of money..I wish I could).

I think overall the results are still preliminary. Anyone with common sense knows that you probably shouldn't go balls to the wall in the uncharted territory of what the AT can handle.
    +1 Shiv mentioned 235hp for a stock car on this dyno... so about 12% difference. If I remember correctly he was shutting it down around 6700rpm with it still climbing. Looks pretty good so far. Also mentioned the exhaust being restrictive and he would re-dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    The 6 cylinder timing monitoring was done with a DME reflash? I don't remember reading that. Was it in the thread created where Shiv shows the 6 cylinder monitoring? I'm genuinely interested so please point me to this info. Thanks.
    nothing to do with flash... just additional can channels I would think. potentially a basic flash for fueling... but won't know any details until he reveals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

7 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Vasillalov is, as often the case, incorrect. Individual cyl ignition advance monitoring did not require a reflash. Perhaps he can point me to where I (or anyone else) said that it did. It only involves implementing a different data logging format.

Also, the most power a set of upgraded twins made on our Mustang Dyno is 418whp. That car was tested two weeks ago in similar conditions running every bolt-on mod, at 21psi, with PWM meth and a Level 10 built 6AT. Quite a big difference from the 460-465whp we are seeing out of the 58mm single turbo. And that is with an interior intercooler and a crush bent rear exhaust section. Power curves follow each other closely until 5500rpm above which the single turbo keeps building power with peak hp at the shift point. For those who car about number racing, multiplying our Mustang dyno numbers by 1.15 will give approximate Dynojet equivalence due to the parasitic loss file we use. Yes, it can be configured to read higher. But that is how it was set up 5 years ago. And that is the way it is staying.

That's my post of the day. I hope it cleared up some confusion.

Have a great night....shiv
    Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 05-30-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast