Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 251 to 256 of 256
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Interesting. Apparently the rattle is actually the input shaft shaking the gears in the tranny. I wonder if there are gear oils or a shim that could be used to alleviate this.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,835
    Rep Points
    2,309.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. Apparently the rattle is actually the input shaft shaking the gears in the tranny. I wonder if there are gear oils or a shim that could be used to alleviate this.
    Really? I haven't heard that before. Does make sense why a DMFW doesn't do it though
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed


  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Really? I haven't heard that before. Does make sense why a DMFW doesn't do it though
    I am just reading up on it now. I emailed these guys to see if they will make us an N54 solution since on other BMW platforms they have made light flywheels that do not rattle.

    http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/LTWF/PCS.html

    http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/e36-3-...el-report.html

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    208
    Rep Points
    145.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Which clutch did you end up getting? and single mass or Dual Mass flywheel?
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    400
    Rep Points
    753.5
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I am just reading up on it now. I emailed these guys to see if they will make us an N54 solution since on other BMW platforms they have made light flywheels that do not rattle.

    http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/LTWF/PCS.html

    http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/e36-3-...el-report.html
    The rattle is simply a function of the weight of the flywheel. The flywheel itself isn't rattling but, when lightened, allows the tranny to rattle.

    Neil

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    400
    Rep Points
    753.5
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    The rattle is simply a function of the weight of the flywheel. The flywheel itself isn't rattling but, when lightened, allows the tranny to rattle.

    Neil
    Some good info here: http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywheel/gear_rattle.htm

    Neil

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •